WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Crosstrek is a smaller car. for the price, it is comparable to mid trim BS. So I guess that's why they used that as a comparison. As for the Forester, that is a much bigger vehicle. it is very roomy inside with high cabin space. The Outback also is much larger vehicle especially in length. But prices are inline
with the BS consider the BL and the Wilderness models. BL is over $40k nicely equipped now.

Ford Bronco Sport What Ford Sees as Bronco Sport's Competition 1651868792018

Subie are good cars. But...I also dislike the CVT. If I buy a Subie now, it'd be the WRX in manual..but I wish we get the wagon version. I had one of those first year sold in the US. Fun car!

hm....I Just noticed over width the BS is almost identical to the Outback!!! but it looks much narrower.....I guess it is an optical illusion due to the height and length of the BS

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
It’s funny, when I was in Bishop, CA me and an Outback Wilderness kept parking next to each other at the hotel, seems like they thought it was funny too.

That said if you’re going somewhere, where traction is an issue, the cvt on the Subarus and it’s vectoring simply won’t be enough. Whereas the Sports with the 8spd autos are at a marked advantage.

The Subarus do have more second row leg room and that’s a big deal to some people, especially if they don’t mind having a car that takes 20 seconds to get to sixty and forces them in the truck lane up mountain passes.

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Having owned a couple of Subaru's not only do I not like the CVT I'm not a fan of the boxer engine either. I liked the packaging of the cars but after my last Subaru I said "no more".

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ryan does a good job showing the difference. Also, if if the BS isn't a chick car why do all of Ford's videos feature females?

Jeshi5

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
When I was waiting for my BS. I was seriously considering the Crosstrek Limited. The cargo space was too small. Then I considered the Forester. I actually liked the Forester but by the time I was considering pulling the trigger my BS went into production. I'm very happy that I went with the BS.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Having owned a couple of Subaru's not only do I not like the CVT I'm not a fan of the boxer engine either. I liked the packaging of the cars but after my last Subaru I said "no more".
So you didn’t like getting passed by Model T’s going up passes?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Also, if if the BS isn't a chick car why do all of Ford's videos feature females?
I’m hoping it’s a chick magnet, being a single guy.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My Crosstrek was slow as hell compared to my Badlands. My husband just bought a Wilderness Outback with the turbo and he said it's really fast. But I don't like that he can't lock the 4wd like I can. I didn't like that about my Crosstrek either. It made me nervous in bad snow letting the car turn on the AWD for itself although I know Subaru AWD is supposed to be really good.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
I consider The Forester Wilderness to be it's closest competition. If the BS Badlands did not exist, that's what I would have purchased. The Forester will retrain a higher % of it's value over time and probably spend less time in the shop, not to mention costing thousands less. It will also, with good tires, get you anywhere, 99.5% of people want to go 99.5% of the time but it is slow. I ordered my Badlands because most of my time in it will be spent on Forest trails, where it's better 4WD system, might be important and it's shorter length a help in some tight situations.

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So you didn’t like getting passed by Model T’s going up passes?
Whenever I got stuck behind a car during my commute through the mid-2010s, it was always a Prius. Now it's almost always a Subaru. A stupid, slow Subaru. If it weren't for parking lots, I'd never know what the front of a Subaru looks like.

My only guess is that all the previous owners of Prii "upgraded" to Subaru for their AWD, or to shop at more rugged shopping malls or something.

FWIW, I have yet to be stuck behind another BS. And yes, I'm going to ignore sample size and numbers on the roads.
Sponsored