What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

GaryCN

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today, I learned about removing the horror that is Shotgun Fungus from a car's exterior. The Airbnb we stayed at for 4 months in NC was in the middle of the woods and all the landscaping was just mulch beds. Between the mulch and abundant rainfall, Shotgun Fungus was everywhere but especially concentrated around their driveway. Every day I'd notice new black spores stuck onto my Bronco. I'd scrape off the spores with a credit card as I saw them, but didn't have all my usual exterior care products to fully remove the stains.

Flash forward to today - Currently 101 degrees in AZ and I just couldn't stand looking at the brown spots anymore. Just spent 3 hours outside in the heat and got most of it done, but didn't even get a chance to start on the roof yet before I overheated (and the roof is the worst of it). These spores are cemented onto my A51 paint. Even after scraping them off, I've got to go at them with the sponge for a full minute or two each to remove the brown splotches that are embedded in the clearcoat. And there are hundreds of them. This is the devil's organism put on this planet to make me angry.

Never again without a garage. Never again. Keep me in your hearts, folks.

Edit: I just ordered a Chemical Guys foam cannon and their wash and wax products. Gonna make the rest of this process easier on myself if I can help it.
Check with LARRY KOSILLA at AmmoNYC https://ammonyc.com/
Sponsored

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Today I’m taking the baby for a bath. Passed thekingprawn as he was heading home. At least I think it was him. It was about 45 minutes ago.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Today I’m taking the baby for a bath. Passed thekingprawn as he was heading home. At least I think it was him. It was about 45 minutes ago.
Just to draw @thekingprawn ’s attention.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
That was me! It was nice to finally pass the blues.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I know it's just dumb luck with lighting/reflection but it makes me wonder running that line under the windows to match the roof color. The way it looks it's real close

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
I know it's just dumb luck with lighting/reflection but it makes me wonder running that line under the windows to match the roof color. The way it looks it's real close

The body is Alto Blue and the roof is black. Any other color variation is just the lighting.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
That was me! It was nice to finally pass the blues.
Just as an FYI, there are two Velocity Blue Broncos in the area too. The Black Diamond I posted a picture of and the other is a First Edition that I played tag with driving home on Wednesday. The gal driving it works at the Silverdale Windemere.

Last edited:

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Attempted to install the mud flaps from our sponsor @Rofitds. Box arrived in a timely manner and in good condition, but no instructions. Was thinking of buying a couple of other things from them, but I’ll hold off for now.
No reviews yet, so I added the following to forewarn others. I’ll happily edit it if it’s easy to figure out. Included a picture as well.
———————————————————

Getting ready to install and figured I’d get everything set before I head down to the vehicle. No instructions, just the flaps and the pictured baggie of screws, washers, and clips. Do I need a washer and a clip? Just one? First impression- not great. Flaps seem sturdy, so we’ll see. I’ll either be requesting a refund or editing the review once I go down and try to figure it out.

Seller - the picture you include in the gallery does not count as instructions. Heading that out there ahead of a feeble excuse.

———————————————————

I’ll let you all know.

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Paint protection film was applied to the whole front end, Weather Tech mud flaps, a sunshade for the windshield, a tray for the center console, and tinted driver/passenger windows (its illegal where I live so its a bit lighter than the factory tint). Still to come black matte overlays for the white lettering, a custom-built dog barrier that attaches to the backseat headrest posts. People like the hot pepper red, I had someone that took some pictures and lots of đź‘Ťđź‘Ť And her name is officially Peppa! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? Collage
I need to hear more about this dog barrier you made. I have a stupid net that I can only attach to the little clothes hanger hooks above the back doors and my dogs stick their heads in the openings and drool all over my back seats 🤦🏻‍♀️.
Also love the name!

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Traded it in on my Bronco. Ordered Bronco came in a year earlier than I expected. I wanted to keep both but couldn't swing it financially.

I do have a JLT 3.0 Oil Catch can for the 1.5L for sale if anyone is interested. New $150, $100 OBO, I'll ship it. About 9 months old.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? BroncoSport.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? BroncoGranger1

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? BroncoSide2

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? JLT3-1

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? JLT3-2

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Traded it in on my Bronco. Ordered Bronco came in a year earlier than I expected. I wanted to keep both but couldn't swing it financially.

I do have a JLT 3.0 Oil Catch can for the 1.5L for sale if anyone is interested. New $150, $100 OBO, I'll ship it. About 9 months old.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? BroncoSport.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? BroncoGranger1

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? BroncoSide2

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? JLT3-1

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? JLT3-2
Congrats! The green is sooooo good. I told my husband I'm going to pay off my Sport and then buy a big Bronco! Enjoy it.
Sponsored