What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
Wash, wax, RainX, Armorall (actually did it yesterday, just sayin' -- today I'm beat). From now on goes to the car wash!

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_0653
Your BS is a twin to mine.
Is your '66 Tiger a Sunbeam Tiger? I had a '66 Sunbeam Alpine.
Maybe we are related or something. :)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Wash, wax, RainX, Armorall (actually did it yesterday, just sayin' -- today I'm beat). From now on goes to the car wash!

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_0653
Another carbonized gray Badlands with a carbonized gray roof. I’m beginning to see a pattern!

Reactions: MJE

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hood struts are awesome. A quick pull up (2-3 inches) and then the hood opens up by itself. You do get an additional 5-6 inches of clearance over the rod as well so no more banging your head if you are tall. As others stated, you do have to give it a good push when you close. Nothing forcible, but it requires some effort to fully close.

For the air vents, I did not order these yet because I was unsure of that little lip i saw on two of the vents. Wasn't sure I could see how those aligned. Let me know how they work and I will be sure to add those. They will round out my setup.

One thing I noticed about the Autophoton complete sets is I couldn't find a Matte Carbone Fiber, they all seemed to come in high gloss. I was afraid that any food/drink would eat the gloss and i would end up with splotchy gloss and it would end up matte anyways lol.

Also, have you seen the instrument cluster and door panel trims (around the actual door handles that TuffSkins on Etsy sells? Pricey as all get out, but they would put the finishing touch on a carbon fiber setup. I just cant justify 150$ for 4 door pieces.
I bought the struts and am not sure I will install. I like being able to just “drop” the hood to close vice pushing on it. Plus, I have limited overhead due to overhead storage but I should have enough room.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I bought the struts and am not sure I will install. I like being able to just “drop” the hood to close vice pushing on it. Plus, I have limited overhead due to overhead storage but I should have enough room.
I like the struts but the hood closing issue is a real problem. I’m especially concerned a service person might dent my hood closing it because of the struts. I will be removing them - at least temporarily - before my next service.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Got the 245/65r17 Nitto Nomad Grapplers installed.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 81D6BFE0-90EE-469D-8F03-48E504A656F8
All of these CO owners with pics of the BS with snow on it on May 20. Seems CO does this to us at least once per year (80+ one day and then snow the next).

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I like the struts but the hood closing issue is a real problem. I’m especially concerned a service person might dent my hood closing it because of the struts. I will be removing them - at least temporarily - before my next service.
Good to know. Definitely sending them back. I am good with the prop rod!

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Your BS is a twin to mine.
Is your '66 Tiger a Sunbeam Tiger? I had a '66 Sunbeam Alpine.
Maybe we are related or something. :)
Yes, 66 Tiger. It’s been modified some, but hasn’t lost it’s Tiger lineage. Unfortunately, I’m getting too gimpy to drive it like I should.
Sponsored