What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I admittedly got a little crazy with carbon trim but here we are!!!
Actually, I really like the way you did it. To me that is an all or nothing change and you did the “all” better than any other I have seen. Nice job!
Sponsored

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
View attachment 25176
Thanks for the assist
I'm down to the one part I need but coming up with a part no. for that single piece has become a challenge. Next move may require an actual parts counter visit at the dealership. It's just a whole lot easier getting the sticker shock online instead of burning time at the dealers to get the bad $$$ news.
In the end I'm hoping for the best.
I kinda see this item as a complimenting addition to the hood shield.
Fingers crossed it doesn't break the bank.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1653011389826

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have all this except the fender pieces, handles, and gate. Did you have to modify the gate for the washer? It is something I read on other posts about that product.
Yes, I did have to modify the gate piece, but nothing 20 minutes and a sharp knife couldn't fix. ;)

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Yes, I did have to modify the gate piece, but nothing 20 minutes and a sharp knife couldn't fix. ;)
Nice, Here is my shopping list so far. All either installed or in the mail/shipped. I pretty much have your entire Carbon Fiber trim setup minus those pieces i listed.

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Nice, Here is my shopping list so far. All either installed or in the mail/shipped. I pretty much have your entire Carbon Fiber trim setup minus those pieces i listed.

We have almost identical accessory purchases, although I went with a full kit as one purchase from AutoPhoton (one for interior, one for exterior); I think they were like $180 each or something like that? Took about 3-4 weeks to get here from China. I also have another order for carbon trim for the front vents, last I saw it was in Chicago but seems to have "disappeared" LOL - might get my $25 back on that.

Are the hood struts worth it? Those, the glove box org, the cargo org (I have the CMS from factory), and the side marker lights are the only things I don't have from your list. I also transferred my front/rear dash cam from my previous Fusion that I traded in for the BSFE. Install was pretty easy and I used the threads here on the forum for help with fuse alignment (went under the passenger side).

You should also add rain, splash, and hood guards - they all look great ;)

EDIT: My front vent carbon just got into town late last night, it's not lost! Woohoo!

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
View attachment 25176

Thanks for the assist
I'm down to the one part I need but coming up with a part no. for that single piece has become a challenge. Next move may require an actual parts counter visit at the dealership. It's just a whole lot easier getting the sticker shock online instead of burning time at the dealers to get the bad $$$ news.
In the end I'm hoping for the best.
I kinda see this item as a complimenting addition to the hood shield.
Fingers crossed it doesn't break the bank.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1653011389826
Maybe I don't understand what piece you're looking for. You mean that "forehead" panel that goes above the window that you added the green arrow to? Yeah, that's the $650 piece I put in the picture. The best the parts website gives is those 5 or 8 digit part numbers. But if you take those to the parts counter and tell them how you got the number, they can use their system to translate that number into the regular Ford scheme number like mxxz-xxxxx-x.

Or what part do you mean?

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Maybe I don't understand what piece you're looking for. You mean that "forehead" panel that goes above the window that you added the green arrow to? Yeah, that's the $650 piece I put in the picture. The best the parts website gives is those 5 or 8 digit part numbers. But if you take those to the parts counter and tell them how you got the number, they can use their system to translate that number into the regular Ford scheme number like mxxz-xxxxx-x.

Or what part do you mean?
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 1653058376639

* stares in disbelief *
My plan has fallen into dissolution

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the hood struts worth it?

EDIT: My front vent carbon just got into town late last night, it's not lost! Woohoo!
Hood struts are awesome. A quick pull up (2-3 inches) and then the hood opens up by itself. You do get an additional 5-6 inches of clearance over the rod as well so no more banging your head if you are tall. As others stated, you do have to give it a good push when you close. Nothing forcible, but it requires some effort to fully close.

For the air vents, I did not order these yet because I was unsure of that little lip i saw on two of the vents. Wasn't sure I could see how those aligned. Let me know how they work and I will be sure to add those. They will round out my setup.

One thing I noticed about the Autophoton complete sets is I couldn't find a Matte Carbone Fiber, they all seemed to come in high gloss. I was afraid that any food/drink would eat the gloss and i would end up with splotchy gloss and it would end up matte anyways lol.

Also, have you seen the instrument cluster and door panel trims (around the actual door handles that TuffSkins on Etsy sells? Pricey as all get out, but they would put the finishing touch on a carbon fiber setup. I just cant justify 150$ for 4 door pieces.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
* stares in disbelief *
My plan has fallen into dissolution
Body panels are always pretty pricey. If you're really concerned about the "forehead" just slap some PPF down on that. A vinyl shop would cut that for, I'm guessing, under $200. Or don't worry about it and enjoy the car. You could also get some regular vinyl up there similar to the windshield bands some people add. Maybe a 🐎 B R O N C O 🐎 across it. Little ostentatious for me, but I've seen some done.

You can always check junkyards. I like to browse online sometimes at car-part.com. By searching for Bronco Sport roofs, I found this one, you can always call a junker and ask:
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? Capture.JPG
For anyone looking at the parts site... see the color shapes labeling some parts? Look for the legend that gives the part number like at the top of the photo I posted. See how the rubber seal/molding strip has two shapes? That's because it has its own part number with the green triangle and it is included with the other yellow square part as an assembly. IDK why Ford uses this obfuscated part number scheme but my parts guy has been able to work with them.

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hood struts are awesome. A quick pull up (2-3 inches) and then the hood opens up by itself. You do get an additional 5-6 inches of clearance over the rod as well so no more banging your head if you are tall. As others stated, you do have to give it a good push when you close. Nothing forcible, but it requires some effort to fully close.

For the air vents, I did not order these yet because I was unsure of that little lip i saw on two of the vents. Wasn't sure I could see how those aligned. Let me know how they work and I will be sure to add those. They will round out my setup.

One thing I noticed about the Autophoton complete sets is I couldn't find a Matte Carbone Fiber, they all seemed to come in high gloss. I was afraid that any food/drink would eat the gloss and i would end up with splotchy gloss and it would end up matte anyways lol.

Also, have you seen the instrument cluster and door panel trims (around the actual door handles that TuffSkins on Etsy sells? Pricey as all get out, but they would put the finishing touch on a carbon fiber setup. I just cant justify 150$ for 4 door pieces.
Just when I thought I was done.... WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!? I didn't even know those were a thing... I will consider them all.

Thanks for the info on the hood struts, will also consider those. My wallet hates me LOL

HomePeace

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just when I thought I was done.... WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!? I didn't even know those were a thing... I will consider them all.

Thanks for the info on the hood struts, will also consider those. My wallet hates me LOL
25$ here and there doesn't phase me much, but those accent trim pieces at TuffSkinz prices, I can live without! I say that now but that shopping list i posted is almost $2k in accessories including ceramic tint. I got my Bronco April 15th lol.