First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I've seen a lot of folks have picked up the Aeroskin hood protector from Ford, but saw that WeatherTech has one that's maybe a little more streamlined - https://www.weathertech.com/ford/2021/bronco-sport/hood-protector/

Mostly wondering if anyone on here has picked this one up or tried it? Especially since they don't have any pics on their site of it on a BS.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kyle_conrad

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I have always been a weathertech fan using their aeros and window ones.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Since there isn't a pic of one on a BS I have been wondering if it turns up at the back to help keep the windshield clean.
I think they also have one that looks huge.
I'd like to see if someone gets one.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I was leaning towards the EGR over the Weathertech because it doesn't use adhesive. Plus I went EGR for the Rain Guards. I haven't been able to find many pictures yet of either installed.
Ford Bronco Sport WeatherTech Hood Protector? C6060B29-B3B9-454D-B257-B85B358C770B
Ford Bronco Sport WeatherTech Hood Protector? 6F412107-DF1F-487F-9984-9D2C3ED8E480
Ford Bronco Sport WeatherTech Hood Protector? 28FC8471-2D19-4656-AF8C-65181DD81E11

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I've never had the rain guards on a vehicle. Are they really that beneficial?

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never had the rain guards on a vehicle. Are they really that beneficial?
I believe it’s an option, to have or not to have, I like for the simple fact when it rains I can have a window open instead of running the defrosters on. It’s probably more of a personal preference, but I usually get them on my vehicles.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it was your post before that made me pull the trigger. Do you have the bug deflector?

Ford Bronco Sport WeatherTech Hood Protector? 20220321_142128
Yes I have the Ford bug deflector buts it’s not been Warm enough yet for me to put it on.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I believe it’s an option, to have or not to have, I like for the simple fact when it rains I can have a window open instead of running the defrosters on. It’s probably more of a personal preference, but I usually get them on my vehicles.
Do you run into any fit issues? I’m thinking these have to fit in the gap that should already be tight between the window & rubber seal. I’m thinking there isn’t any more room to fit in rain guards without stretching out the seals so they won’t be tight on the windows. I must not be picturing right how these fit.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you run into any fit issues? I’m thinking these have to fit in the gap that should already be tight between the window & rubber seal. I’m thinking there isn’t any more room to fit in rain guards without stretching out the seals so they won’t be tight on the windows. I must not be picturing right how these fit.
I didn’t see any “bulging whatsoever when I run the window up to close, they do fit inside of the window track but I’m sure there is some space from the factory inside that track for some movement of the window. I don’t hear any noise difference on the highway but then again I’ve been around jet engine noise for the past 20 years so I’m sure my hearing is not what it used to be. There’s no leaks whatsoever in the high pressure car washes. So I’m sure it’s on the tight side but not so tight where it effects the closing of said window.