2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I received these stickers in the mail from Ford. There was also a blue one which I have taken off to stick in the garage. Did anyone else receive these from Ford?

Ford Bronco Sport We need our own stickers/branding... AFE15FFA-C6E8-4A4A-9420-C67100AE4818
Sponsored

Designermama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
I can appreciate the goat and the connection to the GOAT, but how many non Bronco enthusiasts would get it? It would have to be a serious looking goat. As a side note, this badge might look good on a bottle of beer too.
Who cares if they get it? I don't see how a wolf relates to the bronco at all. It's either a pony or a goat IMO :)

Designermama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
Now with the option of more aggressive tires :cool:

Ford Bronco Sport We need our own stickers/branding... sport-FINDYOURWILD-01d

And, grilles. Feel like I'm not quite there on these, although the basic one you mocked up last night really looks the best. Clean pop art feel.

Ford Bronco Sport We need our own stickers/branding... sport-grille01-01
Your middle version here is a good iteration. Keep it simple, but recognizable.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Who cares if they get it? I don't see how a wolf relates to the bronco at all. It's either a pony or a goat IMO :)
i think the fear was that Ford would be upset with this having a bronco on it. trademark issues.

elmystico

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.zazzle.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser
@elmystico check out Printful.com. They have some stickers plus all the other usual items, not sure if they're good for windows or not.
Thanks. I did look at Printful but they only offer one kind of sticker, same as RedBubble. It's frustrating that no one seems to do both things, sticker production and e-commerce, equally well.

elmystico

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.zazzle.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser
Absolutely great work!

My final answer.. for the hexagonal badges, I would keep your last version, Make versions of it with the colors from #1 (dark-grey/green) and #3 (orange border and blue), and the following tweaks - Use the first wolf version, and use the first mountain version, but maybe make the mountain a tad larger. I think the first mountain fits better in the shape, the new one with the rays my eye goes right to it. Also check the centering of the Sport+text center components, it seems shifted to the right and up some. (Sorry if this seems picky.. I work with a graphics team for a living... :D )

I'd start with those 3 on Redbubble, so we can order misc stuff, but then check with other vendors on window stickers, as I doubt Redbubble can do that.
This is super helpful. Nothing I can't easily agree with to be sure.

I will start with this and then let y'all know the store link. The store takes a bit of work to set up because you have to place the image on every type of product you want to sell, every single time you add an image.

Not hard, just time-consuming and annoying, which is why we have so many kinds of margaritas in New Mexico. Hopefully will have this up and running tonight or at the latest tomorrow, depending on how many margaritas I have.

elmystico

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.zazzle.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser
i think the fear was that Ford would be upset with this having a bronco on it. trademark issues.
Agreed. I spoke with two dealers and they both said that so long as the "swag" being created was sponsored by them, they have some basic corporate approval to use Ford logos under a typical fair-use promotional umbrella. But not so much the case for us. The bucking Bronco and the grille lettering were recently trademarked, not surprisingly. And they just applied for "Built Wild" this month.

elmystico

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.zazzle.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser
Absolutely great work!

My final answer.. for the hexagonal badges, I would keep your last version, Make versions of it with the colors from #1 (dark-grey/green) and #3 (orange border and blue), and the following tweaks - Use the first wolf version, and use the first mountain version, but maybe make the mountain a tad larger. I think the first mountain fits better in the shape, the new one with the rays my eye goes right to it. Also check the centering of the Sport+text center components, it seems shifted to the right and up some. (Sorry if this seems picky.. I work with a graphics team for a living... :D )

I'd start with those 3 on Redbubble, so we can order misc stuff, but then check with other vendors on window stickers, as I doubt Redbubble can do that.
I need some clarification despite your answer being final ;)

For the two versions you mentioned, do you want the main text color to be the same as in the earlier versions (off white)? Or the brick red in the last version? If the answer is off white, IMO that color will not go very well with the white drop-shadow effect of the text that is in the last version. Seems like it needs a dark top layer of text to contrast with the white, or we need to go with a dark drop shadow layer if the top layer is the off white. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Slickrock

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I need some clarification despite your answer being final ;)

For the two versions you mentioned, do you want the main text color to be the same as in the earlier versions (off white)? Or the brick red in the last version? If the answer is off white, IMO that color will not go very well with the white drop-shadow effect of the text that is in the last version. Seems like it needs a dark top layer of text to contrast with the white, or we need to go with a dark drop shadow layer if the top layer is the off white. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.
:) Maybe on the dark background, keep the text off-white, but drop the drop-shadow effect. for the other one, see which way works best. But keep the fonts as you have them. So the dark background one would be more of a flatter "matte" look, and the red text with white drop shadow would be the "pop" version.

elmystico

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.zazzle.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser
@elmystico yeah, I don't think the dark background one needs the drop shadow.
Here is what it would look like with a drop shadow that matches the edge color, compared to no shadow. Maybe a little too dark with the shadow, but I think the main type really loses something without it. Maybe a lighter shade of the "Navy Pier" blue? The main type could be white, as it is now, or it could match the color of the wolf. In the early version, the smaller type was a totally different color but I've made it white here.

Also note that the previous mountain is back but is now integrated with the white border. Crown of the continent-style. And the wolf is the color you suggested.

Ford Bronco Sport We need our own stickers/branding... sport-FINDYOURWILD-MAIN_03
Ford Bronco Sport We need our own stickers/branding... sport-FINDYOURWILD-MAIN_03

Here's the orange/blue one with the drop shadow matching the edge, which I think looks quite good despite the fact I am not a Denver fan. And also the red with the blue, which is also not bad when the drop shadows match the edge color.

Ford Bronco Sport We need our own stickers/branding... sport-FINDYOURWILD-MAIN_02
Ford Bronco Sport We need our own stickers/branding... sport-FINDYOURWILD-01-MAIN-01

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Perhaps it is the later hour and my eyes aren't as clear. But the green BS wheels are snug in the wells. The orange BS has skinny wheels. And the maroon BS wheels are the compromise of the other two.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Here is what it would look like with a drop shadow that matches the edge color, compared to no shadow. Maybe a little too dark with the shadow, but I think the main type really loses something without it. Maybe a lighter shade of the "Navy Pier" blue? The main type could be white, as it is now, or it could match the color of the wolf. In the early version, the smaller type was a totally different color but I've made it white here.
The orange and blue does indeed pop (Denver apparently knows something). If it were an option, I would buy things in the blue and green because everything in Seattle is blue and green (including the forests). It does seem the blue and green wheels are a bit snug but that's a nit

OP
OP
Slickrock

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline

Also note that the previous mountain is back but is now integrated with the white border. Crown of the continent-style. And the wolf is the color you suggested.

Here's the orange/blue one with the drop shadow matching the edge, which I think looks quite good despite the fact I am not a Denver fan. And also the red with the blue, which is also not bad when the drop shadows match the edge color.

Ford Bronco Sport We need our own stickers/branding... sport-FINDYOURWILD-MAIN_02
Ford Bronco Sport We need our own stickers/branding... sport-FINDYOURWILD-01-MAIN-01
Wow!!!! Yes!!!

The Navy drop shadow works.. it will disappear at smaller sizes, but will be fine if printed larger. I really like the nice touch on the mountain too.

I actually like the snug wheels, but it probably depends on the size it will be printed at. Maybe put the red wheels on the orange one.

I'd call this done! Upload it!!! :D

OP
OP
Slickrock

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I also like that the wolf does contrast from the text. I really really like these!
Sponsored