Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

Badlanders

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 2500, KLR, Bronco Sport Badlands on order
Ordered Dec 13th, no magic Email yet. Checked with Dealer and Ford yesterday - got the finger pointing routine. "Check with your dealer, they have more info than we do..."

Did get a fresh print out of the order when at dealer yesterday, headed out to truck, scanned - it had all the fresh price increases reflecting about a $3K+ jump. ($2,500 base, $200 Premium, $50 Trlr Tow, $40 Cargo management $100 D&D + more Tax.) After catching my breath (calming down) went back in to dealer. Expressed distress, got a call back later, yet another hoop to go through. Yes, I am price protected BUT, will need to pay the increased price at delivery.... whenever that is. And once Ford confirms me the buyer, is me the original order person, they will issue a check for the variance.

And when I called Ford for the however many time, they had all my contact info buggered up, name, email etc. misspelled. All the stuff you need to provide each time you call. I said I did get an Confirmation Email after ordering, how can things be so messed up? I could hear the shoulder shrug over the phone......

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yes, I am price protected BUT, will need to pay the increased price at delivery.... whenever that is. And once Ford confirms me the buyer, is me the original order person, they will issue a check for the variance.
In the Navy dialect this is spoken horsecock. You are price protected, Ford reimburses the dealership, not you. Sounds like the dealership is trying to get the price protection money for themselves. See this information provided by Tim Bartz.
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room Ford_PriceProtection

Badlanders

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the Navy dialect this is spoken horsecock. You are price protected, Ford reimburses the dealership, not you. Sounds like the dealership is trying to get the price protection money for themselves. See this information provided by Tim Bartz.
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room Ford_PriceProtection
I'm Z Plan - reading this it says "it may be eligible for Price Protection". So it reads like a different set of rules. Even mentions check issuance vs price adjustment at delivery. Doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy - and seems to be at odds with the way Retail orders are covered in the first section.

Can't do, or assess much, until I get a VIN. I found out when talking to Ford yesterday there are two Certificates (with numbers) assigned to the Vehicle / Me. Ford couldn't tell me what they were? and Dealer said can't look up until there's a VIN. Guess one is for the $1k Special Order. No idea what the other might be - Pain & Suffering reward?

Last edited:

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm Z Plan - reading this it says "it may be eligible for Price Protection". So it reads like a different set of rules. Doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy - and seems to be at odds with the way Retail orders are covered in the first section.
Ah, well you got a better price than me already. I wonder if Z plan also figures into why it's taking half a century to schedule the build.

Badlanders

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, well you got a better price than me already. I wonder if Z plan also figures into why it's taking half a century to schedule the build.
Perhaps, but A/Z plan isn't what it used to be, not even half. And if I don't get the credit, which it sounds like is decided after final sale (Trust me :devil: ) I may be paying more. Plus there are other added costs that straight retail doesn't pay. Typically the real benefit went to Dealers - they tended to adjust your Trade-in price down a like amount. So once in the process, any benefit was lost. Only time there may have been a slight advantage was an outright purchase - no trade.

As too talking a half a century to schedule the build - blows any preferential treatment rumors doesn't it.

Last edited:

00Doc

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger 4x4 XLT, Ordered 2022 Bronco Sport BB
I got an email from Ford today my build week was pushed back from 5/23 to 5/30. I'm absolutely fine with it; I got scheduled for a build date within 5 days of placing my order. I'm just posting for transparency.
I'm also bumped from the week of 5/23 to 5/30 :(

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My guess, you ordered something I didn’t and Ford had to wait for parts. my original build was the week of 14 Feb. It was pushed out 2 or 3 times. My deal breaker was the moonroof. I ordered the Badlands because I couldn’t get that on an Outer Banks at the time I placed the order. Ford’s computer would not let my salesman add it. I’m very happy with the Badlands.
Yeah, maybe. Mine is a completely loaded BL.

I ordered both a pretty basic XL Super Duty, then a month later I decided to order a loaded Lariat. The XL still isn't scheduled but the Lariat will be here shortly.

Who knows what's happening behind the curtain?

CMajor

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My BSBB is scheduled to be built the week of 5/2 (next week). Should I be expecting an update email confirming it going into production or anything?

Last email from Ford was on 3/4 for this scheduling.

00Doc

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger 4x4 XLT, Ordered 2022 Bronco Sport BB
My BSBB is scheduled to be built the week of 5/2 (next week). Should I be expecting an update email confirming it going into production or anything?

You should get an email for it being built and the window sticker will be available.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Provided the tracker works you can see it being in production and the sticker should be available about a week before when they schedule the day of build, and you should receive an email for that. This order tracking app will tell you if the sticker is available yet.

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Bumped back to next week now. Started off 4/25. Then it went to 4/18, 4/11, and 4/4 before slowly moving backward to 4/11, 4/18, and back to 4/25 where it sat for a couple of weeks. So anxious to get this done.

Reactions: Jrl

sorlzy

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Saw mine was kicked out a week. Sad.

Does anyone have a link to a comprehensive checklist for when I go into purchase/pick-up my car? I found a good one on Bronco6G but I'm looking for something specific to Bronco Sport.

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
So far so good on my ladies order. In February she got a build week of 4/25 but a week later it got bumped to 5/2. No updates since so hopefully it sticks.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Ordered March 10th. Checked with my dealer today and there's still no build date. My long wait continues.
I always found this confusing. My dealer asked me for my email address to put me on the tracker list so I can track it every step of the way. Did they not ask for your email? You shouldn't have to call the dealer to find out when they get the same tracking info as we all do. Maby I'm wrong?
Sponsored