thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My build date has been pushed back another week to May 30th. I'll get it eventually... I was at my dealer today and except for a handful of trucks their lot is empty.
Premium package?
Sponsored

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
Premium package?
Yep, I ordered just about everything but the kitchen sink and a moon roof (if that was offered. It's been so long that I don't remember).

Badlanders

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 2500, KLR, Bronco Sport Badlands on order
My build date has been pushed back another week to May 30th. I'll get it eventually... I was at my dealer today and except for a handful of trucks their lot is empty.
Hang in there, and know you're in for the duration.

"Built" mine online again yesterday, use as a starting point to search inventory in two locals: 100 mile radius here, and 100 mile radius 250miles south - Metro Detroit, so a good number of large dealers. Regarding Badland, over 100 popped, the ones I looked at (about 30) all had Premium, only found 3 that had tow and Co-Pilot 360+, the 3 were built between 1/7 and 2/10/2022. More recent Badland builds, Mid-March to Mid April had the Premium Pkg, but no trailer tow or Co-Pilot 360+.

Looked at 10-15 BS BB and BS OB stickers, they were built in mid to late March. The majority had Co-Pilot 360+ and Trailer Tow.

Not sure what to make of it, all the window stickers looked at were Blue, no Green ones.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looked at 10-15 BS BB and BS OB stickers, they were built in mid to late March. The majority had Co-Pilot 360+ and Trailer Tow.

Not sure what to make of it, all the window stickers looked at were Blue, no Green ones.
This was one of my gripes when I jumped on this merry-go-round. Tagged the official FMC account in a handful of comments about it then suddenly they scheduled only retail orders for a few weeks. Hmmm.

Badlanders

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was one of my gripes when I jumped on this merry-go-round. Tagged the official FMC account in a handful of comments about it then suddenly they scheduled only retail orders for a few weeks. Hmmm.
Yeah, not sure, maybe going through the Ford Build site, Custom Orders don't get posted or linked? Last night I didn't go direct to Dealers sites, where I have stumbled on the Green / Custom Orders in the past. Maybe I will check a few of the larger dealers inventory direct and see if any Greens pop.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, not sure, maybe going through the Ford Build site, Custom Orders don't get posted or linked? Last night I didn't go direct to Dealers sites, where I have stumbled on the Green / Custom Orders in the past. Maybe I will check a few of the larger dealers inventory direct and see if any Greens pop.
Generally when you see a green sticker either the person who ordered it abandoned the order or the dealer is using it to fish customers to the lot. Ask about the availability and they'll say it's already spoken for. Well no shit it's spoken for...it's a custom order. Advertising a vehicle that isn't actually for sale seems questionable at the very best. I'm not generally a "there oughta be a law" kind of person, but there's some sketchy behavior going on with car dealers.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Generally when you see a green sticker either the person who ordered it abandoned the order or the dealer is using it to fish customers to the lot. Ask about the availability and they'll say it's already spoken for. Well no shit it's spoken for...it's a custom order. Advertising a vehicle that isn't actually for sale seems questionable at the very best. I'm not generally a "there oughta be a law" kind of person, but there's some sketchy behavior going on with car dealers.
My dealer shows the "green stickers" on the website, but says something like, "Oh that's for another customer but we can order you one..."

So yeah, this approach is to hook people; I get what you're saying but it's also how they ultimately fished me out of the pond for a retail order lol.

blankobject

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
I've been having similar debates. I sold my car last month because I got a great offer and being without one has made the wait even harder. I have found multiple Badlands similar to the one I ordered without the 360 Assist and I have been tempted to settle for one of those, but in the long run, I think I'd regret not waiting for what I really want.

The nav is not a necessity, but it would be so nice to have a backup for the phone nav. When we traveled to Florida last year, we went through a cell phone dead zone for about 30 minutes and the nav would have been nice to pick up during that time. The adaptation cruise will be a Godsend for my husband who tailgates way too much. And the lane centering can be a lifesaver. My kids nearly wrecked last year on a road trip because my daughter fell asleep at the wheel and headed for the guardrail. Thank God my other daughter was awake and realized what was happening before it was too late.

So, do we NEED the 360 Assist - no. We've done without it all our lives, but new technology can make a world of difference. Is it worth waiting for? I think so. I'm still trying to hold out. A couple of months is a drop in the bucket and will be over before we know it. My advice is to wait for what you really want. You'll regret settling for something else, but you won't regret the extra wait when you get everything you wanted.
I appreciate this feedback. I am thinking the Badlands is where I need to be. The way resale values are right now if I change my mind in a yr I think I can get my money back. Also I have been driving for 30 years without lane centering and adaptive cruise. I hardly use normal cruise as it is now. Thanks again for taking the time to respond to me. We will see how things pan out, I could have either of these vehicles mid next week.

Badlanders

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So went fishing, and if the stars align, Green Window Stickers will pop via the Ford Build site when searching dealer inventory. Had to work backwards. Found a green sticker on a dealer site then did a build on Ford Site. Set-up the search based on the dealer zip code and was able to view the custom order window sticker.

Badlanders

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to cause panic..driving I-94 through Van Buren twp someone left a barn door open. Stampede of broncos (15 of them running free) and at least 20 bronco sports loose on the highway still tagged and running as a pack headed westšŸ˜Ž
Familiar with that area... :)

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So went fishing, and if the stars align, Green Window Stickers will pop via the Ford Build site when searching dealer inventory. Had to work backwards. Found a green sticker on a dealer site then did a build on Ford Site. Set-up the search based on the dealer zip code and was able to view the custom order window sticker.
I've never been able to fish up a green sticker on the ford.com site doing inventory search. I've used the YAA search to see what dealers are advertising, grabbed the VIN from that, and used googlefu to view a sticker.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Iā€™m hoping you all get yours soon. I must admit, itā€™s pretty nice. Even 6 months ago I was warned off 360+ as it would be the biggest wildcard. Hopefully you all get what your wanting.

Reactions: MJE

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m hoping you all get yours soon. I must admit, itā€™s pretty nice. Even 6 months ago I was warned off 360+ as it would be the biggest wildcard. Hopefully you all get what your wanting.
The convenience/tech/premium packages seem to be the most troublesome to get scheduled. I have 360+ but no other packages and got scheduled a couple of weeks after ordering and bumped up a week already. I've seen a bunch of dealer stock units that had 360+ lately, so I don't think it's that constrained.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The convenience/tech/premium packages seem to be the most troublesome to get scheduled. I have 360+ but no other packages and got scheduled a couple of weeks after ordering and bumped up a week already. I've seen a bunch of dealer stock units that had 360+ lately, so I don't think it's that constrained.
The constraints come and go depending on the quantity of chips available. We have the same issue but scientific instruments not cars. So, you have to gauge how lucky you feel or what your willing to live with or without. I probably would have forgone 360+ anyways just because it isnā€™t a requirement for me. Not saying anything bad about it, just not a requirement for me. On the other hand, no towing would be a non starter for me. But even that I could get around if really necessary.

My point was that I tried to stack the deck in my favor based on my needs. I admit I miss the numbers on the cooling system knobs but only because I always have Waze running so the upper banner isnā€™t shown. Other than that, Iā€™m fine with a few missing features knowing I have the vehicle now. Iā€™m happy to see Ford getting creative in order to ship vehicles.
Sponsored