Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I don't know that will hurt your credit much if at all. I was shopping for new car at a couple different dealers. First dealer thought that could take me to the cleaners, pulled a few credit reports over two days and inquired at several banks. They kept trying to give a rate 3 to 4 percentage points too high. I think their goal with credit pulls was to trigger an alarm to prevent me from getting my own financing. That didn't work because my bank approved me for the rate I expected to get.

So I called a dealer 3 hours away about a car on their website, they pulled another report got the interest rate I wanted and delivered the car the next day.

Something I read in sci-fi book, there was society that had no concept of trust. Instead they used "mutual advantage" that's how I define a good relationship with a car dealer. :)
That's fair. I checked Experian this morning and it only dinged me about 3 points. Not the end of the world. I'll have earned it back by the time my vehicle actually arrives. The letter was the scariest part. More upset about the unnecessary panic attack than being credit inquiried twice.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Instead they used "mutual advantage" that's how I define a good relationship with a car dealer.
That's how I hope to approach things with my dealership. I want them to do good, honest business so they stay in business.

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My dealership offered me 5k more than what I originally paid for my BB, exactly what Carvana offered. I'm also looking to not pay a crazy amount of state taxes again, so trading it directly to the dealer is my best bet. I'll only be taxed on the difference between my trade value and new purchase price. Thank you though! I've been planning this for quite a bit and was excited they gave me a good offer.
When was this? The offer for my '21 OB dropped quite a bit recently compared to even 5 weeks ago. I won't have negative equity, but now it looks like I'll be closer to breaking even than cashing in.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When was this? The offer for my '21 OB dropped quite a bit recently compared to even 5 weeks ago. I won't have negative equity, but now it looks like I'll be closer to breaking even than cashing in.
They gave me the offer when I ordered my Badlands on March 10th. Both myself and the salesman are confident my value should still be the same or better when my order comes in, as they're a small-town dealership and have been moving Sports like crazy. They can't keep up with demand with just their allocated vehicles. It's a bit of a risk, but I don't see the offer going down from them anytime soon.
Worst case scenario if it drops by a grand or two, I'm canceling my Premium Care policy on my Big Bend and can put the prorated refund towards the Badlands anyway. I was worried about the reliability of buying a new model of vehicle, but after driving it for a year, I think I definitely overspent on that policy out of fear.

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Is there any reason they would have done this? Obviously the vehicle won't be on the lot in 30 days. They told me they wanted to give me accurate information on rates, but we didn't even make it to that discussion. They just said they'd try to get it as low as possible.
Bc your dealership is run by jack asses.

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
My Badlands just got a birthday - 6/20 (ordered 3/19)! Yay!

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My Badlands just got a birthday - 6/20 (ordered 3/19)! Yay!
Mine started at 4/25, went to 4/18 (yay), and then 4/11 (double yay). It then went back to 4/18 and the last email shows 4/25. I hope you don't yo-yo as much as I have so far (and really hope they don't push mine back further at this point), but just wanted to make sure you knew dates are subject to change.

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Got the same production date! Lucky us! 😁
Congrats! We ordered almost the exact vehicle. I didn't get the cargo management or tow package. I haven't seen the Hot Pepper Red in person yet.

Are you able to track your order yet? I entered my VIN and order code and it can't find it. I heard the tracker is flaky

subliminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just as another data point... Ordered an OB with several potential problem options selected (moonroof, 360+, tech package).

2/16: Ordered and confirmation email same day
<silence for almost 2 months>
4/7: The dreaded "While we’ve been busy working to get your new vehicle into production, we’ve run into a few delays" email arrives
4/14: Email arrives to say scheduled for week of May 30th

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Congrats! We ordered almost the exact vehicle. I didn't get the cargo management or tow package. I haven't seen the Hot Pepper Red in person yet.

Are you able to track your order yet? I entered my VIN and order code and it can't find it. I heard the tracker is flaky
Not sure when you got your email, I got mine like 30 mins ago. So most likely just a case of propagating the vin number across multiple systems before you can actually track it fully. Probably after 24 hours it might show something. Though I am not sure what there is to track, as its just a set day for production. 😅

EDIT: Just tried to track it and showed me nothing. Until I logged into my Ford Account then track it and then it popped. I am able to see the whole tracking process now.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Got the same production date! Lucky us! 😁
wow!! I was wondering this morning should I be doing a "built dance" on "schedule Thursday"...I still don't have any email. happy for you guys. I ordered almost the same BL with the options............and around the same time. why? :crying:

I better call my dealer. and go test drive a Grand Cherokee today or something. I was looking at reviews of the Subaru Soltera. that might fit the needs and be more green....but the reservation is already filled! @#$%^!

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my scheduled day it was at least later in the day or the next before the tracker was able to see it.

Also, if people are getting email then maybe the no email really is only for Maverick. Hmm.

Badlanders

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 2500, KLR, Bronco Sport Badlands on order
Spirited Charm / Petroph - Good for you folks :clap:, glad to see things moving for some.

:clock: I'm just watching the time go by, 4 Month Order Anniversary yesterday. Hopefully I get an Email tomorrow with some good news. Have seen where some folks get the Build Schedule Emails on fridays.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spirited Charm / Petroph - Good for you folks :clap:, glad to see things moving for some.

:clock: I'm just watching the time go by, 4 Month Order Anniversary yesterday. Hopefully I get an Email tomorrow with some good news. Have seen where some folks get the Build Schedule Emails on fridays.
The dealer will know before the email goes out (I knew on Thursday, email went out on Friday), so if you want either joy or despair sooner give them a call.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl