Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
They claim the paperwork person is off until Monday. I also am dealing with them now trying to not honor X plan discounts. I’m a UAW employee, they will not take away my discount.
Update again. Drove to the dealer: car will be ready in 24-48 hours. My flight is Saturday. They may not have my salesperson in office Friday. Will try to get me the car Friday, if not they gave me word they will hide it in the back until 11/1. I bought one off the lot for my wife the day I ordered mine, so they owe me in ny opinion. I never once argued with anything in this 8 month process. The new kicker? They showed me a price around $3k more than my original purchase agreement. I told them they have to honor my original pricing. That ford is supposed to honor the pricing based on when I ordered it 3/13. They’re going to check with a ford rep and the owner. They said it sounds good but man I’m honest, I’m still hoping they don’t try some funky sh*t. I waited 8 months! Just honor my pricing and move on. Can anyone confirm that they HAVE to honor it?
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Update again. Drove to the dealer: car will be ready in 24-48 hours. My flight is Saturday. They may not have my salesperson in office Friday. Will try to get me the car Friday, if not they gave me word they will hide it in the back until 11/1. I bought one off the lot for my wife the day I ordered mine, so they owe me in ny opinion. I never once argued with anything in this 8 month process. The new kicker? They showed me a price around $3k more than my original purchase agreement. I told them they have to honor my original pricing. That ford is supposed to honor the pricing based on when I ordered it 3/13. They’re going to check with a ford rep and the owner. They said it sounds good but man I’m honest, I’m still hoping they don’t try some funky sh*t. I waited 8 months! Just honor my pricing and move on. Can anyone confirm that they HAVE to honor it?
Your “Retail Buyers Order & Invoice” document should be binding as it is signed by you and the dealer both.

Cinder Soot

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Jeep Wrangler 2 Dr, 15' GMC Canyon crew cab.
Congrats and happy driving. I have A 2022 Alto Blue BL+PP with ebony on order. How does that look with the Alto Blue when you open the doors?
I like the look. The ebony and roast interior complement the Alto Blue pretty well in my opinion. Most of the interior is various shades of black, just enough "roast" tan on seats, arm rests and doors. Head liner is off white. For sure color is a subjective thing, but I like what Ford did.

Gilstein21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I like the look. The ebony and roast interior complement the Alto Blue pretty well in my opinion. Most of the interior is various shades of black, just enough "roast" tan on seats, arm rests and doors. Head liner is off white. For sure color is a subjective thing, but I like what Ford did.
I agree. I was hesitant until I saw it in person on an Area 51. I think it works very well seeing it in person.

Cinder Soot

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Jeep Wrangler 2 Dr, 15' GMC Canyon crew cab.
I think we are car twins, I have the same exact build including alto blue and also waiting for my car on Long Island. Can you share what date you received for built and then delivery date or how long it took to get here? Mine now says built 10/15 and ETA 11/16-22
That's awesome. You're gonna love the Alto Blue. The Ford tracking system stopped updating after my June "build" date of 6/14. It never gave me a "completed date" or "shipping date". System did give me ETA delivery date of 10/31 months ago that never changed. My dealer called me September 23 said that vehicle was being completed and I could expect it towards end of October. It actually arrived Long Island 10/14. I don't know when it shipped from Mexico or how long the rail trip took. My guess is about 15-18 days in transit, give or take. Good luck

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
If they gave you a purchase agreement showing a price, that you signed and/or placed a deposit on, there's really no way they can't honor it. As in, if you took them to court over it, no sane jury would side with them. BUT... as many are seeing with the full size Broncos, there are lots of shady dealers out there who are praying on pre-order customers in this way. It seems most are having good luck with getting their price after pressing the issue with the dealership or taking it to social media. But there are a few where the dealer just sells it to someone else without time to react. At that point, the only legal standing you have is to sue them for breach of contract and then all they're technically liable for is any damage you suffered as a result. So if you refund your deposit, maybe with a bit of interest, there's nothing else they're obligated to do.

But really, if you have paperwork that constitutes a purchase agreement with pricing represented, you have every right to hold your ground and call them on their BS. Especially if you're a repeat customer who has dealt with them in the past. They'll lose more by chasing off customers like yourself than they would gain by price-gouging a handful of custom orders. Over on the Bronco 6G forums a dealership tried this with someone last week and the forum took to social media. Dealership even had someone register themselves on the forum and try to stand up for what the shady dealer was doing. It was pretty comical. In the end the dealership gave in to the customer, but has to order him a new '22 Bronco because they sold his to someone else at a $10K markup. Now the dealership is begging people to remove their negative comments on social media, but people are refusing because they still screwed the customer who will have to wait months all over again.

So yeah, sorry about the long post. But don't let them do it to you. Plenty of dealerships out there that will sell at MSRP or even a bit below on the Bronco Sport. No reason for them to not take X-Plan on the Sport. They still make their same amount of money (MSRP) on it as Ford credits the difference to them. They're fighting X-Plan because they want to charge you more and with X-Plan they can't add any bogus fees on top of the pricing. Keep after them. Lots of dealership are being slimy right now since they've been starved for inventory and regular sales. Not that it's ideal, but you could always put in an order somewhere else for a new '22 Sport and probably have it in production before the end of the year. Some of the Sports that were ordered mid-year got held up waiting for chips, but it seems that they're finally moving and new production is going forward just fine. Going to be real hard for dealers to mark up Sports as we move forward.

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
If they gave you a purchase agreement showing a price, that you signed and/or placed a deposit on, there's really no way they can't honor it. As in, if you took them to court over it, no sane jury would side with them. BUT... as many are seeing with the full size Broncos, there are lots of shady dealers out there who are praying on pre-order customers in this way. It seems most are having good luck with getting their price after pressing the issue with the dealership or taking it to social media. But there are a few where the dealer just sells it to someone else without time to react. At that point, the only legal standing you have is to sue them for breach of contract and then all they're technically liable for is any damage you suffered as a result. So if you refund your deposit, maybe with a bit of interest, there's nothing else they're obligated to do.

But really, if you have paperwork that constitutes a purchase agreement with pricing represented, you have every right to hold your ground and call them on their BS. Especially if you're a repeat customer who has dealt with them in the past. They'll lose more by chasing off customers like yourself than they would gain by price-gouging a handful of custom orders. Over on the Bronco 6G forums a dealership tried this with someone last week and the forum took to social media. Dealership even had someone register themselves on the forum and try to stand up for what the shady dealer was doing. It was pretty comical. In the end the dealership gave in to the customer, but has to order him a new '22 Bronco because they sold his to someone else at a $10K markup. Now the dealership is begging people to remove their negative comments on social media, but people are refusing because they still screwed the customer who will have to wait months all over again.

So yeah, sorry about the long post. But don't let them do it to you. Plenty of dealerships out there that will sell at MSRP or even a bit below on the Bronco Sport. No reason for them to not take X-Plan on the Sport. They still make their same amount of money (MSRP) on it as Ford credits the difference to them. They're fighting X-Plan because they want to charge you more and with X-Plan they can't add any bogus fees on top of the pricing. Keep after them. Lots of dealership are being slimy right now since they've been starved for inventory and regular sales. Not that it's ideal, but you could always put in an order somewhere else for a new '22 Sport and probably have it in production before the end of the year. Some of the Sports that were ordered mid-year got held up waiting for chips, but it seems that they're finally moving and new production is going forward just fine. Going to be real hard for dealers to mark up Sports as we move forward.
Well I guess we’ll see where the pricing comes to. I’m standing my ground. I know I got the best price on this model because they are selling this model for $37k on the lot, and my walkway price pre negotiated and signed was $32,435. I know they know they can make more $. I just need it to play out in my favor, or I will have to take to social media, and hopefully the forums here can rally behind me.

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500 LTZ Z71 crew cab
That is odd considering 2021 orders were not being taken the end of August. When I went in the 4th of Sept to order mine, the salesman pulled up the web and started trying to build a 2021 until I showed him the order bank dates so I think alot of salesman had no idea of the dates, etc when it was near the end of August. I ended up changing from an OB to a BL which went in on 9/10. There is no such thing as an upgrade to a 2022 where you pay more.

Those people that originally had a 2021 order and got “rolled” to a 2022 the dealer honored the original 2021 price. Basically your dealer screwed up processing an “order” that never could be and once you started pressing they created a 2022 order Otherwise your 2022 would be sold to you at a 2021 price. Good thing is now your order is truly in. Hopefully you should get a production date this week.
So I ordered a 2021 badlands on the Ford website sent it to my dealership, they contacted me the next day and said that it would be a 2022 and I said OK …I ordered this on 13 October. I have not received my build date yet, but I just saw that another dealership sent me an email saying that if you order a 2022 Ford vehicle before October 31 there is a $1500 incentive and the build dates start January 2022 ?? I had originally ordered an OB on 24 September and a week later I received the email from FMC saying it would be built the week of 1129 and then I changed my mind to get the BL, Ordered that on 13 October with a sunroof and still haven’t received my build date I was really hoping it would be built in December but now with this email…? Any thoughts or insights or anybody in the same situation ?
this thread mentioned that production on the 2022's is supposed to start on 11/1/21. Now I'm not sure if that's legit but it's curious just the same:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/2022my-bronco-sport-dates-order-acceptance-scheduling-and-production-start.3120/
so I just got an email from a dealership saying that -first of all , all orders for 2022 Ford… bronco sport included $1500 Incentive if ordered by 10/31/21 but then it said all orders for 2022s will be having build dates starting January 2022. I originally ordered an OB on 9/24 and a week later received a biuild date for 11/29 week. I then changed my mind and decided on the 2.0 engine and ordered a BSBL with moonroof and the OB was also to have a moonroof. I ordered that on 10/13 and yesterday was a week and I have not received a build date week yet. I was hoping I would be built sometime in December with delivery in January as I am in Maine. Any thoughts? Are the 2022s being built in January? Is there a way to get in touch with FMC to find out when your build date week is? Or do you just have to wait for the email like I originally got for the OB?

Justinahern

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
My window sticker is finally viewable after one day in production ??

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Well I guess we’ll see where the pricing comes to. I’m standing my ground. I know I got the best price on this model because they are selling this model for $37k on the lot, and my walkway price pre negotiated and signed was $32,435. I know they know they can make more $. I just need it to play out in my favor, or I will have to take to social media, and hopefully the forums here can rally behind me.
Dealer isn’t budging on passing on the new price to me. Unfortunate. I can’t walk away from the deal either as I know it’s still the best deal I can get.

zatguy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Dealer isn’t budging on passing on the new price to me. Unfortunate. I can’t walk away from the deal either as I know it’s still the best deal I can get.
Sorry to hear. It’s a shame. Been waiting since March. I’ll be irate if my dealer pulls some shxt like that on my order.

zatguy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room CB213466-0D75-4E2A-B8CE-C5C76EF1DC19
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 96806CE5-ACD5-4328-A8CD-3F88D13B90A3

Received the email from FMC my order has been built and is preparing for shipment. ETA 11/17, hopefully sooner.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
So I ordered a 2021 badlands on the Ford website sent it to my dealership, they contacted me the next day and said that it would be a 2022 and I said OK …I ordered this on 13 October. I have not received my build date yet, but I just saw that another dealership sent me an email saying that if you order a 2022 Ford vehicle before October 31 there is a $1500 incentive and the build dates start January 2022 ?? I had originally ordered an OB on 24 September and a week later I received the email from FMC saying it would be built the week of 1129 and then I changed my mind to get the BL, Ordered that on 13 October with a sunroof and still haven’t received my build date I was really hoping it would be built in December but now with this email…? Any thoughts or insights or anybody in the same situation ?

so I just got an email from a dealership saying that -first of all , all orders for 2022 Ford… bronco sport included $1500 Incentive if ordered by 10/31/21 but then it said all orders for 2022s will be having build dates starting January 2022. I originally ordered an OB on 9/24 and a week later received a biuild date for 11/29 week. I then changed my mind and decided on the 2.0 engine and ordered a BSBL with moonroof and the OB was also to have a moonroof. I ordered that on 10/13 and yesterday was a week and I have not received a build date week yet. I was hoping I would be built sometime in December with delivery in January as I am in Maine. Any thoughts? Are the 2022s being built in January? Is there a way to get in touch with FMC to find out when your build date week is? Or do you just have to wait for the email like I originally got for the OB?
Wow. OK. Let’s see. They will build 2022s all year long starting in November as many have gotten November production weeks. You are probably being told January because all the production weeks in November and December are scheduled and full.

Emails….Some people never get emails especially if they go from one trim to another. All FMC can tell me is that the system probably gets confused … so…if youhave no email, call your dealer and have them look. They can tell you if you have a production week and if you do they can give you the VIN. Hope that helps.

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Sorry to hear. It’s a shame. Been waiting since March. I’ll be irate if my dealer pulls some shxt like that on my order.
Here’s to hoping your dealer honors your pricing. I was a 3/13 order. I pick it up tomorrow at noon and get a day with it before going to Arizona. Life could be worse I guess.

My final attempt will be to ask for the dealer to provide some free service at the dealer, oil changes, or something. Least they could do, right?

zatguy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Here’s to hoping your dealer honors your pricing. I was a 3/13 order. I pick it up tomorrow at noon and get a day with it before going to Arizona. Life could be worse I guess.

My final attempt will be to ask for the dealer to provide some free service at the dealer, oil changes, or something. Least they could do, right?
Thanks. Stoked for you to pick up!

Still no budging on original price?

I'd be one disgruntled customer picking up his ride threatening to blast em on their facebook page and other social media outlets the public can see. Then I'd push and push for extended warranty, service credits, ford cash to use with them for parts, anything to make up the markup theyre pulling.
Sponsored