Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
This is exactly what I ordered on Feb 27th but all the modules have not been installed yet according to that site. I guess order date has nothing to do with anything. Oh well. I guess I will eventually get it...lol.
It does seem that order date has nothing to do with it. I ordered 12 days before you and my BB with BB and tow has yet to be built yet you ordered later and yours has been partially built and still waiting. This selection for build process makes no sense.
Sponsored

MemUser

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
It does seem that order date has nothing to do with it. I ordered 12 days before you and my BB with BB and tow has yet to be built yet you ordered later and yours has been partially built and still waiting. This selection for build process makes no sense.
Well that sucks. And you are right. It makes no sense.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Yeah...quick as molasses.?

It has been 5+ months since I ordered my BS BB and it hasn't even been built yet.
My reply was in response to a poster that had just ordered a BB, recent orders ( as compared to your 2/15 date) could not be ordered with a moonroof. Orders for OB and BB with or without the package minus moonroof are being built and delivered. My neighbor has her BB with tow, minus moonroof delivered and sitting in the driveway, my BS OB package is built and on the train. Both of these BS were ordered from a large local dealer (7 Ford Dealer locations) with large allocation numbers and a high rating within the regional Ford dealer network (read higher order priority). Is all this fair to the people with early orders still waiting for their build, probably not, is the situation difficult for a lot of people, yes it is. Your BS will be built all the parts needed are available.

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Forgive me, but are the actual moonroofs on a shortage? Or another piece from the part of the process? I wish they would be transparent on this exact issue at least, as they are with the chips. I’m officially 9 weeks away from my 4th build date, and I’m just hoping this one sticks, or moves up. I’m confident if I removed the moonroof that would move me up, but that’s a deal breaker for me.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgive me, but are the actual moonroofs on a shortage? Or another piece from the part of the process? I wish they would be transparent on this exact issue at least, as they are with the chips. I’m officially 9 weeks away from my 4th build date, and I’m just hoping this one sticks, or moves up. I’m confident if I removed the moonroof that would move me up, but that’s a deal breaker for me.
Ford took the moonroof out of the packages sometime in April or May (I forget the exact date) due to vendor shortages . There are a few coming in but still seems to not enough to support all the orders. I ordered after cutoff date so mine won't have a moonroof, but that wasn't a deal breaker for me.

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
I have also learned order date means nothing. Yet Ford Canada says that “Ford produces all orders by order date” it’s just simply not true.
I’ve since been told it goes by dealer rating and stock allowance, so those that ordered from a “higher rated dealership” get their orders first.
Ordered Feb 10….built June 11 has been sitting going on 6 weeks now waiting for “a micro chip” yet ppl who’s orders are being produced this month seem to be shipping ??‍♀

tylersmart

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jetta
My reply was in response to a poster that had just ordered a BB, recent orders ( as compared to your 2/15 date) could not be ordered with a moonroof. Orders for OB and BB with or without the package minus moonroof are being built and delivered. My neighbor has her BB with tow, minus moonroof delivered and sitting in the driveway, my BS OB package is built and on the train. Both of these BS were ordered from a large local dealer (7 Ford Dealer locations) with large allocation numbers and a high rating within the regional Ford dealer network (read higher order priority). Is all this fair to the people with early orders still waiting for their build, probably not, is the situation difficult for a lot of people, yes it is. Your BS will be built all the parts needed are available.
This is so odd that it is only these new OB's and BB's that are coming through. I ordered a BL without the BL package, and my vehicle has been sitting in production since 6/18/2021. However, looking at the Etis site, I can see that it is just waiting for an RCM737 chip.

The dealership I went through has about 40 BS's on order from 4/6/2021. So I didn't special order it, I just reserved one they had ordered. I think that is the reason I don't get build updates from Ford. I built my own program to ping their Vehicle Order Tracker and Etis API's because I grew a bit restless.

I've been taking a peek at the other vehicles the dealership has ordered and can see that a lot of them are stuck in production around the same time as mine. The only one that is different is a BL+BL that was built 6/12/2021. It, too, is just waiting for the RCM737 chip. Same thing as mine, I just lack a build date for whatever reason.

I figured I would just throw what I know into the mass of information that is this thread. Maybe someone can identify some sort of pattern here...

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room Screenshot 2021-07-19 105938

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room Screenshot 2021-07-19 105951

Last edited:

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is so odd that it is only these new OB's and BB's that are coming through. I ordered a BL without the BL package, and my vehicle has been sitting in production since 6/18/2021. However, looking at the Etis site, I can see that it is just waiting for an RCM737 chip.

The dealership I went through has about 40 BS's on order from 4/6/2021. So I didn't special order it, I just reserved one they had ordered. I think that is the reason I don't get build updates from Ford. I built my own program to ping their Vehicle Order Tracker and Etis API's because I grew a bit restless.

I've been taking a peek at the other vehicles the dealership has ordered and can see that a lot of them are stuck in production around the same time as mine. The only one that is different is a BL+BL that was built 6/12/2021. It, too, is just waiting for the RCM737 chip. Same thing as mine, I just lack a build date for whatever reason.

I figured I would just throw what I know into the mass of information that is this thread. Maybe someone can identify some sort of pattern here...

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room Screenshot 2021-07-19 105938

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room Screenshot 2021-07-19 105951
You're asking good questions, and the lack of feedback from Ford on the build process isn't helping. I'm not the expert, but trying to draw on my observations from my order and what I see going on with the dealers in my area.

First thing, your order was originally, and still is a Dealer Stock order. That situation usually puts you behind the custom orders in priority, usually.

Your dealer has 40 BS on order, he may have exceeded his monthly allotment, sometime the dealer can borrow or trade allotments but with the shortage of vehicles I don't see that happening. Like I said in the post above, the size and the status of the dealer within the Ford dealer network can effect the the priority of the order.

Something else I have been thinking about is the fact that the Badlands doesn't share any drivetrain parts , other than the 8 speed transmission, with the lower trim levels, with or without the associated package. Is there some other part or assembly shortage that we don't know about?

Lastly, the restraint control module or RCM . I'm not sure if that is the only part that is holding up the completion of the Bronco Sport being held in Desert Jail. This module should be the same one used in all the BS as well as other Ford products built on the Escape platform . I asked a friend that resets these modules after a crash, his information say this module is used in 17 different Ford models, including all trim levels of the BS, Escape, and Lincoln Nautilus.

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
So my status went to "In production", but my build week isn't until next week. I don't even have a window sticker yet... Anyone have this initially? Does this mean it actually IS in production?

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So my status went to "In production", but my build week isn't until next week. I don't even have a window sticker yet... Anyone have this initially? Does this mean it actually IS in production?
It took several hours after I got the "in production " notification before the window sticker actually appeared. The word from my dealer was the "in Production" is when the order is sent to the plant. I got the in production email while the plant was shutdown , it was 3 weeks before from my scheduled date.

GBECK

Outer Banks
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Internet
Just as info. OB without moonroof ordered 3/11, in production 6/10, sitting in desert waiting parts. It was ordered with OB package, 360 Plus, Splash guards. I have an estimated delivery of 11/3.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just as info. OB without moonroof ordered 3/11, in production 6/10, sitting in desert waiting parts. It was ordered with OB package, 360 Plus, Splash guards. I have an estimated delivery of 11/3.
I thought an OB with OB package ordered before 4-15 didn't have a no moonroof option. What is the order code for the OB package on your dealer sheet? What was the price of the OB package? Does it show no monnroof on window sticker?
I stand corrected, I just looked it up on the dealer order sheet and it was able to be order with the OB package and no mooroof. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Ford took the moonroof out of the packages sometime in April or May (I forget the exact date) due to vendor shortages . There are a few coming in but still seems to not enough to support all the orders. I ordered after cutoff date so mine won't have a moonroof, but that wasn't a deal breaker for me.
Mine was ordered 3/13.

GBECK

Outer Banks
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Internet
I thought an OB with OB package ordered before 4-15 didn't have a no moonroof option. What is the order code for the OB package on your dealer sheet? What was the price of the OB package? Does it show no monnroof on window sticker?
I stand corrected, I just looked it up on the dealer order sheet and it was able to be order with the OB package and no mooroof. Sorry about that.
Yea, Dealer said we would get it quicker if we deleted the moon roof, well that didn't work.....

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)