ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Found a really nice Area 51 OB+OB no moonroof with 360+ not too far from me. Special order that wasn't taken. Might look into it this week. According to the build tracker it was ordered the last week of April and built on 6/3. Seems really quick for an OB especially with the OB package.

I've been looking around for Area 51 or Cactus OBs with 360 as an alternative to my BB+BB. The OB was my preference until I found out that BB+BB was ordered for me but I'm still looking a bit to see if any OBs with 360 pop up.
Snooze, you loose......... Just saying.

Waiting for what you want is hard right now, but it's a comin'

Flip a coin or go with your gut feelings.

Me, I'm just going to hang in there, painful as this is......... :crying:
Sponsored

M&M

Badlands
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Anyone else order as early as 3/13 or earlier with a build date in September? This is insane. 6 months just to go into production. My current vehicle will have no resell value at that time. A 9/13 production date makes me feel like this should be a 2022. My price should 1- be honored, and 2- be discounted. Frustrated to say the least. Do I call the marketing team?
We ordered 10/1 and now have a delivery date and just went into production this month with a 10/32 delivery date. We’ll be waiting a year for the car and we can’t get a straight answer from our dealer if they’ll honor the pricing from October when we ordered. BL+BL with 360+ and tow package

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
We ordered 10/1 and now have a delivery date and just went into production this month with a 10/32 delivery date. We’ll be waiting a year for the car and we can’t get a straight answer from our dealer if they’ll honor the pricing from October when we ordered. BL+BL with 360+ and tow package
If you have a contract in writing with the price they have to honor it. If they don’t I’d report them to Ford, the BBB and possibly the state as its probably illegal for them to do that.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I have a detailed itemized out the door quote from my dealer before I ordered in March. I am not going to bother discussing price with dealer until the vehicle is on the car carrier on its way to the dealer. And that won't be any time soon.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
If you have a contract in writing with the price they have to honor it. If they don’t I’d report them to Ford, the BBB and possibly the state as its probably illegal for them to do that.
I don't have a "contract". What I have is a quote in a PDF file dealer sent me with itemized line items of all the cost out the door. Will the dealer honor that "quote"? I will have that discussion when vehicle is on car carrier on its way to the dealer. And that won't be any time soon. Way I see it vehicle won't be there until who knows when so what is the point of talking to the dealer about price? Not going to be able to find one that I want elsewhere, not going to be able to order another one right now, nothing to do at this point but wait. My plan if we cannot work it out order a '22 and get a "contract" next time.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I don't have a "contract". What I have is a quote in a PDF file dealer sent me with itemized line items of all the cost out the door. Will the dealer honor that "quote"? I will have that discussion when vehicle is on car carrier on its way to the dealer. And that won't be any time soon. Way I see it vehicle won't be there until who knows when so what is the point of talking to the dealer about price? Not going to be able to find one that I want elsewhere, not going to be able to order another one right now, nothing to do at this point but wait.
If you didn’t sign anything than you may be out of luck but if they try to pull a fast one and raise the price on you I would make a complaint to Ford and put them on blast on social media about being ripped off. If they gave you anything with a price that you agreed on and they try to mark it up later that is crappy and future customers should know what type of people they are dealing with.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
If you didn’t sign anything than you may be out of luck but if they try to pull a fast one and raise the price on you I would make a complaint to Ford and put them on blast on social media about being ripped off. If they gave you anything with a price that you agreed on and they try to mark it up later that is crappy and future customers should know what type of people they are dealing with.
My friend who has been car salesman for decades sells Hondas told me dealer should honor the quote. But my friend told me I better be diplomatic, tell dealer I will give good rating, tell dealer I have friends who want to buy, tell dealer I plan to buy more vehicles etc. My friend said dealers love to hear that stuff. My friend told me if I am not diplomatic it is not going to go well for me. Oh, and quote was given to me by the General Manager of the dealership not some flunky.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
My order status, cheers!
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room Order Status 27June21

Jabarnes

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Can't even get excited for this, because I know it will change, but somehow my still in production vehicle has an ETA of 7/30

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1624804671220
I have the same issue. Mine showed in production on 6/7 with an ETA of 7/10. Talked with my dealer and they said that their information was that it was built back on 6/2 but waiting for a chip. At best it takes 2 weeks to ship to my area which means I should see the status change to Shipped here shortly if the 7/10 date will hold. Date a bottom of WS changed this weekend maybe something is happening. Not holding my breath.

Jabarnes

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Wanted to run something by you all. Another dealer I talked to says I can put down a deposit on incoming vehicle ordered for someone else. If, and that's a big if, they back out then I can have it. Deposit is refundable. Now here's the kicker - dealer asked for my SSN. ? I said no thanks. They say it's their corporate policy (AutoNation chain) and wont budge.

I have never heard dealers insisting on SSN that early before purchase is agreed on. About the only thing I can think of is that they wanna run my credit, which they claim they aren't gonna do. My currently order required no SSN.

So, I'm not sure if what they're asking for is legit or not. I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks.
I took over an order after someone backed out. I was not asked for my social. They only took my insurance and license.

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
Sigh... Thought I'd squeaked out of the Ford Email bump with no emails Friday. Nope, they sneaked one in on Saturday at almost midnight... now bumped another week to 7/26. :crying:

I guess at least the gaps in the weeks are getting shorter? :headbang:

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
10/32 delivery...?

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Ahhh.... I was wondering if I missed the memo about an additional day being added to the October calendar, although nothing would surprise when it comes to the way Ford schedules the BS builds.

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
That’s rough. It’s a crazy market but at the end of the day they should realize you waited so long and that should count for something.
Sponsored