ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
So I'm getting some super confusing and conflicting info from Ford's tracker system. It has shown my vehicle as "in production" since June 8th, and it still currently says it's in production, but now their 'estimated delivery' updated to say that my vehicle arrived at my dealership and should be ready for pickup in the next few days. But on the same tracker page it also days that the estimated dealer delivery date is 10/31/21. Seriously what the hell is going on? Which date am I supposed to believe? I ordered back in February, I'm for sure not waiting until Halloween to get my new BS!

I'm going to call into my dealer today and see what's up, but figured some of you maybe have had the same issues and might have some info on what date is actually accurate.
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room FordOrder
Makes your head spin, doesn't it!!
Sponsored

Billy the Kid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
I called Ford again today, I have been in Production Since 6/10 and is still in Production Seem the holdup is a microchip, I thought then when you received a window sticker all the parts where ready for assembly So much for that BullSxxx . Lets promote a new model and not even have the parts for what is being built Ford and the dealers don't care if we back out, the haw a list of buyers just waiting for the chance to buy one at prices that will be over sticker.
Yea, so when I went to the dealership for the refund and talked to the Sales Manager, he had no problem working my refund.
He then kind of confirmed that the vehicle is built waiting on the Chip. I then explained to him all the times I called Marketing/Customer Service and asked will my vehicle be held up for any reason as it was being built, and they always said no. They need to fix the way customers get info.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yea, so when I went to the dealership for the refund and talked to the Sales Manager, he had no problem working my refund.
He then kind of confirmed that the vehicle is built waiting on the Chip. I then explained to him all the times I called Marketing/Customer Service and asked will my vehicle be held up for any reason as it was being built, and they always said no. They need to fix the way customers get info.
So is Ford gonna park a bunch of new BS in a lot for months on end like they do with new F150s? I just got In Production and Window Sticker yesterday but might get 10/31 ETA too? I will just keep my '14 CRV do a wait and see what mysteries surprises lay ahead.

Dcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Good luck! I sealed the deal this morning on a Grand Cherokee. Same color. Haven't talked to my dealer. He was supposed to call me back yesterday before noon. He has not. Assuming I will not have a problem getting my $500 deposit refunded.
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1623869664620
My sales manager called. Yes its the chips. He said my BS was completely built just waiting on the chip(s). He said Ford anticipates things to brake loose in July and that my delivery would be more like late August or early September (not Oct 31) but there are still no guarantees. I told him I had moved on he said no problem whatsoever refunding my deposit. He was extremely nice and professional.

Dcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Jeep makes a solid vehicle. It's unfortunate both of you had to make that choice but it comes down to what do you need. Enjoy the rides!
What do I need? How about a wife with more patience. Overall she's one helluva keeper though....

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
What do I need? How about a wife with more patience. Overall she's one helluva keeper though....
Yeah I'm not here to beat jeep up. My wife has a compass, sister has a wrangler 4 door. I give THEM crap but they give it right back. Bottom line, jeep had a sale, ford did not. Maybe down the line you can swap it out, give the jeep to your wife and get a bronco...may work out better after a few assemblies and ironing out wrinkles.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
So is Ford gonna park a bunch of new BS in a lot for months on end like they do with new F150s? I just got In Production and Window Sticker yesterday but might get 10/31 ETA too? I will just keep my '14 CRV do a wait and see what mysteries surprises lay ahead.
One thing about mass production, you have to keep your lines moving to maintain your processes and manage your component inventory. Even though they may not have chips, they may not have surplus storage space at Hermosillo for say, fenders, windshields, or other sizable components. Also, there is a labor force that is paid to work and it shouldn't be idled.

birddog2

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV Bronco Sport Badlands
My patience is wearing thin.
I ordered a crypto orange Badlands w/badlands package, tow, Falken tires and 360 + from my local dealer on 16 March.
The Ford Order Tracker has my order as received on 18 March and NO other points are marked.
Thanks to the phone number on this forum, I called Ford Marketing on 9 June and was told I was scheduled for production on 19 July.
I have received NO E Mails from either dealer or Ford.
I did get a VIN and order number from my dealer upon my request last week so that I can use Ford Order Tracker.
I am not without a vehicle so that I can wait, but it would be nice if I heard from dealer or Ford why they cannot tell me when or if they might actually build this thing.
I understand 'just in time inventory" and supply shortages, but one would think that they might know what gets shipped and when and match that up with existing orders.
I last owned a Ford in 1988- 1992 and am not reassured that they know what they are doing.

Last edited:

KAnoe

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek
I ordered a crypto orange Badlands w/badlands package, tow, Falken tires and 360 + from my local dealer on 16 March.
The Ford Order Tracker has my order as received on 18 March and NO other points are marked.
Thanks to the phone number on this forum, I called Ford Marketing on 17 June and was told I was scheduled for production on 19 July.
I did get a VIN and order number from my dealer upon my request last week so that I can use Ford Order Tracker.
I am not without a vehicle so that I can wait, but it would be nice if I heard from dealer or Ford why they cannot tell me when or if they might actually build this thing.
I understand 'just in time inventory" and supply shortages, but one would think that they might know what gets shipped and when and match that up with existing orders.
I last owned a Ford in 1988- 1992 and am not reassured that they know what they are doing.
If you did not get an email from Ford your dealer did not put your email in the order or put it in wrong. You should have received an email as soon as they ordered it. Then ford will only email you when other actions are scheduled/happen Production, Build, and so on (OK most emails are pushing your dates back). I call them processers, not dealers. I do see some good ones here, but most are only reactive. Shoot most of us are walk-in that said order this, please. No selling needed. I asked them to affiliate my order with my FordPass account. We can not do that, can't be done. Then why did Ford Customer Service say you can? Silence.

In the end, I tell myself it's a first-world problem, it will get here. If my biggest issue is my BS order I'm doing OK.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
So have we come to the conclusion that any Bronco in production now will not be delivered until mid August at earliest?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thanks to the phone number on this forum, I called Ford Marketing on 17 June and was told I was scheduled for production on 19 July.
I hope this helps...I think this is beyond Ford. This is world Covid crazytown finally coming to a head. You can't lock down the world for a year without economic consequences. It is what it is at this point. If you have a vehicle and the Bronco is a fun/want purchase, wait...it's worth it, I'm one month in. My order was on that bubble when everything started going on pause. I was scheduled for May 7, it finally was built a month later. I had a badlands with oversize tires, tow package, and cargo system. No moonroof, no badlands extras...minimal chips and dodged a lot of the hard to find parts.
Yes Ford should have parts on hand, but the other manufacturers are dealing with the same issue...all are to blame. The parts suppliers have dropped the ball as well. Ford ALSO released the Bronco, and it's money maker the F150 is sitting on lots waiting for chips and parts. If you CAN wait...wait it out. Or if that's hard, do as I and several others did, search local dealers aggressively, what you want MAY pop up as others grow frustrated and bail. I lost out on the cargo system...that's it. Haven't missed it one day. The badlands I am driving is a blast.
My dealer did not, and does not supply personal emails to Ford. I had no contact, other than when my dealer heard something. To be fair, he was great as soon as something changed. There isn't a lot changing right now. Be patient. It will be worth it if you CAN wait...that's my two cents. I don't think your dealer is screwing you over, I know Ford is not intentionally screwing you over. I am probably highly biased and loving my Bronco sport...it's one of the most enjoyable vehicles I've owned. Hang in there...you'll be glad you did. KAnoe nailed it...this is a first world problem, if you have a car and can wait.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So have we come to the conclusion that any Bronco in production now will not be delivered until mid August at earliest?
Any sport requiring moon roof, extra chips for most of the 'packages/360+' yeah I'd say that's the case. Any with minimal gadgets, not so much. Ford even said the same for the full bronco. Any order with four doors, normal tires, and soft top, basically a jump to the front of the line...those folks have waited well over a year...I feel for them just as much. And they are being built here in Michigan...one less hurdle. I think if you have a basics Bronco Sport you will likely see it by end of summer, chips are being produced a little faster. I think if you have some unobtanium parts...yeah this may hurt a while.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Update: The bottom date on my window sticker now shows 6-15-2021, this morning it was 6-8-2021.
I don't know what the change in date means, the tracker says "In Production 6-14-2921" . No ETA for delivery.

order : 3/19/21
confirmation email with build date : 4/15
window sticker: 06-07-2021

Area 51, BL+BL, 235's, 360+, tow, cargo mgmt, floor liners and cargo mat.
This changed today, now shows built 6-15-2021.
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1623887661469
Sponsored