Waiting room

Gatordog69

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sport BB
Hey all, new BB owner here.... we just got the only one in stock on Saturday here in Daytona. My wife wanted area 51 and at least outer banks package. The local ford dealer is high volume and they kept pushing us to go ahead and just order one....until I asked realistically what would be the wait time....crickets.... then manager guy says. If I wanted a Bronco I'd take any one you can find on a lot as the chip shortage is making it impossible to be honest on order times. She took the black BB and we drove home. They received 4 BB on Friday and 4 were in the sold pick up garage by 9am Saturday.

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
4 MONTHS? That is completely unacceptable.
With whom is your complaint? There are no cars on any dealer lots. You can't even order a new Toyota or Honda in Michigan, and there are none on the lots.

You can shake your fist at Ford, but you are really just dealing with a temporary, world-wide shortage. If you really need a car you might want to look into something used, but even those prices are getting ridiculous.

We're all stuck waiting, best to not make ourselves crazy getting upset.

I see a silver lining in this. For a long time ordering the exact car you want was discouraged, and now it has become common. Maybe we'll get to a car world where there are more choices and people will expect to get exactly what they want.

Billy the Kid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
So, this is what the Tracker looked like for me earlier today. I got the Built tag early Yesterday, and the Shipped early today.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1623704001180

and then this a few hours ago.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1623704052743

Go figure. I'm not waiting for Trick or Treat. I'm sure it will be a Trick.

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
So, this is what the Tracker looked like for me earlier today. I got the Built tag early Yesterday, and the Shipped early today.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1623704001180

and then this a few hours ago.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1623704052743

Go figure. I'm not waiting for Trick or Treat. I'm sure it will be a Trick.
This is interesting. I find it interesting that in both displays the in production icon is active. Not the built or shipped, an error? Thoughts, or wild ass guesses, not in any order:
a. this status display is broken
b. when the status is being changed it defaults back to the previous status
c. some body is messing with us :)

CCFarmer

First Edition
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine now says 6/11. It’s strange that the dealership had 3 delivered that day and not one was mine. The invoice dates on those are a few days after mine
Have you heard anything different or new? We are probably not even on the same train, but I feel like we are in a similar place :)

CCFarmer

First Edition
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So, I don't have any other blocks/codes filled in at the top of my window sticker in the
CERT | CERT | CERT | TRD | RAMP | BUMP | CAMP | BOOK | EXFL area - only R over Ramp. Should I be worried? I just checked another branch of the same dealer in another town. They have a base bronco ETA 6/23 and it's filled in on the top. Should I be worried UGH!

Dcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
With whom is your complaint? There are no cars on any dealer lots. You can't even order a new Toyota or Honda in Michigan, and there are none on the lots.

You can shake your fist at Ford, but you are really just dealing with a temporary, world-wide shortage. If you really need a car you might want to look into something used, but even those prices are getting ridiculous.

We're all stuck waiting, best to not make ourselves crazy getting upset.

I see a silver lining in this. For a long time ordering the exact car you want was discouraged, and now it has become common. Maybe we'll get to a car world where there are more choices and people will expect to get exactly what they want.
My bad - I was actually trying (and apparently failed) to be sarcastic. 4 months would be a dream. I ordered on 2/9 and have current ETA of 10/31. My frustration is watching others with pretty much identical builds leap frogging over me.

Billy the Kid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
So, I don't have any other blocks/codes filled in at the top of my window sticker in the
CERT | CERT | CERT | TRD | RAMP | BUMP | CAMP | BOOK | EXFL area - only R over Ramp. Should I be worried? I just checked another branch of the same dealer in another town. They have a base bronco ETA 6/23 and it's filled in on the top. Should I be worried UGH!
I don't think so, I've seen others at dealers that looked the same.