Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
So mystery is how can Ford hold vehicles until October due to chip shortage then build more units the next week? How does that happen?
Exactly! Why are they continuing to build vehicles to let them sit? And why are dealerships still getting ones to sell on their lots? Why aren’t they just focusing on peoples orders? Makes no sense!
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Exactly! Why are they continuing to build vehicles to let them sit? And why are dealerships still getting ones to sell on their lots? Why aren’t they just focusing on peoples orders? Makes no sense!
From what I can tell many dealers placed lot orders back in Dec/Jan and those are just coming through. I absolutely agree orders should take a high preference...but on their end, their dealerships are the arms that feed the blue oval. You need cars on lots for test drives and trade/new sales too.
How many of us have backed out on a build (raises hand...that's me)...how many people have tracked and followed inventories and bought off a lot (raises hand...me again)...
Doesn't seem fair, but dealers are pinched, buyers are pinched...if you throw full focus into orders that dealer you ordered from is left hanging...it's complicated.

Terri Romano

Badlands
First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln
Ford marketing told me this morning that it was produced on Friday but nothing has changed on the tracker, She said it was waiting shipment. I think it's sitting some where waiting for a chip. I said to the women that if it doesn't ship by Friday it will be at least 2 weeks with the plant shutdown,

George G

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
My bad - I was actually trying (and apparently failed) to be sarcastic. 4 months would be a dream. I ordered on 2/9 and have current ETA of 10/31. My frustration is watching others with pretty much identical builds leap frogging over me.
I know that feeling I have a bl + bl w/ moonroof ordered 3/2 and build date of 8/16. I understand why, but it really sucks seeing people get theirs quicker because they opted out of a moonroof.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
My delivery is still still 7/6. My dealer salesman in Albany said that it is currently in Buffalo and should arrive in Albany/selkirk yard "soon"

OB/OB (w/o moon) w/ tow, ordered on 3/31.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I know that feeling I have a bl + bl w/ moonroof ordered 3/2 and build date of 8/16. I understand why, but it really sucks seeing people get theirs quicker because they opted out of a moonroof.
Agree on that point that's a supplier issue and it sucks. The option for a moonroof appealed to a lot of people. I considered it but after issues with one on a challenger it was one less headache which appears to actually be one giant headache.

Billy the Kid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
ANYBODY OUT THERE, that had a 10/31 Delivery date and is now updated to sooner?

Last edited:

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands