Jwoodroff

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2020 F150 Lariat
Well I've now spoken to Ford Marketing (actually very helpful), My Sales Person, Her Sales Manager, and sent an email to the General manager of the Dealership.

Apparently the General Manager has access to some super secret system that will indicate what the component is that's holding up my build. Ford Marketing couldn't help, my sales person is useless, her manager kept trying to pass me back to her until I really pressed him to look it up himself and he was only able to confirm what I already knew. My hopes aren't high that the general manager is going to be much help either.

Sorry for venting but I know you all get it.

We wait....
The General Manager at the dealership I deal with (family friend) was able to confirm it was the 'floor liners w/o carpet mats' holding up my order on a BL + BL with tow, 360+, cargo mat, cargo management and splash guards.

The most shocking part is I was able to place this order on Friday June 4th and she updated me Monday June 7th. I'm shocked this order was placeable, with the delays I'll likely change to a '22 if and when those books ever open.

Again, I'm near Vancouver, BC, Canada, and this dealer moves the largest volume in the province. So they're at the top of the dealer order priority list.

Hope this info helps.
Sponsored

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
The General Manager at the dealership I deal with (family friend) was able to confirm it was the 'floor liners w/o carpet mats' holding up my order on a BL + BL with tow, 360+, cargo mat, cargo management and splash guards.

The most shocking part is I was able to place this order on Friday June 4th and she updated me Monday June 7th. I'm shocked this order was placeable, with the delays I'll likely change to a '22 if and when those books ever open.

Again, I'm near Vancouver, BC, Canada, and this dealer moves the largest volume in the province. So they're at the top of the dealer order priority list.

Hope this info helps.
wow! That’s very helpful. If it’s bloody floor mats pushing my delivery too October and I can’t change the order I might just go postal.

Thanks for the information and I’m glad you’ve got a dealer that will work with and for you ??

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If it’s bloody floor mats pushing my delivery too October and I can’t change the order I might just go postal.
Hard to believe Ford would hold them back for several months over floor mats? If that is true someone at Ford will realize that is dumb and ship the vehicles. Ford wants to make money and storing vehicles and delaying sales over floor mats is not in their interest.

Dedbolt

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS, 2013 Harley Switchback
Went and looked at the BS April 16 and ordered the the next dat, 17th. Was told 3-4 month wait...which seems to be on track. Had an order confirmatiin on the 19th and soon after had a build date in May. Build date changed by a week but it is now in transit to my dealership here in NM. I have an ETA of 21 June. Hope that is accurate. BS OB without the OB package. Would not have minded a BL but they quit taking orders for those two days before I ordered. I drive 100 miles round trip for work so I need the better gas mileage anyway.

Billy the Kid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

Hope this info helps.
Was that "without" carpet mats, or "with" carpet mats? I couldn't see an option for "without".

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I’m FINALLY out of the waiting room!

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 7E29360F-2F75-481A-AF01-60A617D624C4

Original reservation 7/26/2020… that one actually got built and sold recently in late April to another customer when I decided to heck with waiting & ordered a second custom build on 1/27/2021 during all the various delays, (which actually started my wait time all over again) so that I could upgrade from a BB to OB.

Drove it home today, smiles all the way! Hang in there all, they are real, and well worth the wait.

Last edited:

Jwoodroff

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2020 F150 Lariat
Was that "without" carpet mats, or "with" carpet mats? I couldn't see an option for "without".
The original order was 'without' carpet mats for $200 CAD. The order has been adjusted to 'with' carpet mats at $250 CAD. My understanding is the extra $50 gets you both rubber AND carpet mat options. A combo package essentially.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
This is my two cents: I would assume that Ford would not commit a VIN and/or build date without already having all the parts identified and locked in for the vehicle. It would be very costly if they start all those wheels in motion, and just say, nah, let's not build it.
If it were only so simple and worked that way :crackup:... If it did, I and others would have had our BS in our possession by now. Many of us have had VINs for a few months along with a few to several build weeks over that time frame. These VINs and build weeks are turning out to be like empty campaign promises before an election. Waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel.
The original order was 'without' carpet mats for $200 CAD. The order has been adjusted to 'with' carpet mats at $250 CAD. My understanding is the extra $50 gets you both rubber AND carpet mat options. A combo package essentially.
Dealer checked off that box for me too - both sets of mats...if that is really the delay on my order...that is ridiculous...ship the damn thing and send me the mats later. I will live! :crazy:

Last edited:

Billy the Kid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the clarification. Not available on the Badlands Trim. But I do notice in others have it.

Last edited:

Billy the Kid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wow! That’s very helpful. If it’s bloody floor mats pushing my delivery too October and I can’t change the order I might just go postal.

Thanks for the information and I’m glad you’ve got a dealer that will work with and for you ??
pixlpush, when you were supposedly in Production, did you ever get updates of Body on the way to the plant, In Body Shop, Trim, etc..?

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
For what it's worth. I think the dealer is a big factor.

I ordered my OB on June 4, 2021. I sat with my salesman as he entered the order in the ford system. He entered my email right on the form. When I got home there was already an email from ford with the order summary.

This morning, June 10 (six days later), I got an update from ford that my build is scheduled for production the week of August 2, 2021. I don't know if that will hold, but it's a sign something is happening.

I ordered an Outer Banks without the extra OB package, with the trailer tow package and cargo management. No moonroof, no 360+. I think those two might be an issue.

Tom

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
On the tracker it has my ETA end date as 1990-01-01
That will happen until there is a delivery to dealer date. I saw that for awhile
Sponsored