Waiting room

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
My build is supposed to happen next week. How late should I get the in production notice? It should happen sometime this week, correct?
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
As long as Ford is not placing dealer stock over customer orders, I think there is little complaint to be had.
If there is a chip and part shortage and broncos are arriving on dealer lots...they are putting stock over customers who ordered in Jan/Feb....that's not right.

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
My build is supposed to happen next week. How late should I get the in production notice? It should happen sometime this week, correct?
Not sure. My build week was 5/31 and i have received no email updates. I called this morning to check in and i was told it cleared the body shop on 6/3 and was still "in production"

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Not sure. My build week was 5/31 and i have received no email updates. I called this morning to check in and i was told it cleared the body shop on 6/3 and was still "in production"
Hmm..I thought it only took a couple days to build.

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
Hmm..I thought it only took a couple days to build.
Supposedly. I must have been later in the build week but not sure as the tracker is not showing any other updates. My window sticker bottom date changed from 5/27 (invoice date) to 6/3 but that was the last

Billy the Kid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
It should turn into Production (which is a week in length) one week before and a Window Sticker is usually generated. Production is the process which ends up with your vehicle being built.
Production involves getting your parts to the Plant, painting, and then assembly.

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
It should turn into Production (which is a week in length) one week before and a Window Sticker is usually generated. Production is the process which ends up with your vehicle being built.
Production involves getting your parts to the Plant, painting, and then assembly.
I'm a pretty patient guy, but having BS/BL/BL delivered that were ordered a month after mine is frustrating. Ordered 3/5.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Mine was scheduled for 5/24. 5/21 my window sticker was created and the ford tracker changed to “in production” and it stayed that way until 6/4. The date on my window sticker changed to 5/27 then to 5/30 then to 6/4 and now its at 6/6. It’s current status is shipped. The only notification I got was on 6/4 that it was built.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I'm a pretty patient guy, but having BS/BL/BL delivered that were ordered a month after mine is frustrating. Ordered 3/5.
Thats because Ford gives priority to certain dealers over other dealers so the dealer you placed order with has big impact on when vehicles get built. Not fair to the end customer but that is why some get built earlier then others

Jwoodroff

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2020 F150 Lariat
Update: unsurprisingly Ford has denied the order request LOL
In a wild turn of events, ford denied the order due to a shortage in the rubberized floor liners... Sounds like it's being processed now with the alternative of the combo rubber/carpet pack.

SKBanister

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
My build week is also 5/31. I've received a production date of 6/4. Still waiting for mine to be finished.

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
My build week is also 5/31. I've received a production date of 6/4. Still waiting for mine to be finished.
Hopefully they are progressing and just not updated in the system yet. I may wear out my wifi continuously checking the status

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Hello all, I’ve been monitoring these threads for a few months now. My wife got lucky and bought an outer banks off the lot in March, and I ordered one as well.

order date 3/13
Area 51 Outer Banks, OB package, no tow.

dealer said either side of 6 weeks. 4 weeks later I got a build date of 6/28. 2 weeks later I got a push back to 8/2. I woke up Saturday morning to another pushback of 8/30. Not sure what to do… I’m sure many of you have waited a long time, but I feel as though this chip shortage is going to screw me big time.At this rate, it may be 2022 before it comes. I work for Volvo/Mack, and this is a worldwide global shortage that may take years to correct… stuck driving my 2009 civic… ?.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Hello all, I’ve been monitoring these threads for a few months now. My wife got lucky and bought an outer banks off the lot in March, and I ordered one as well.

order date 3/13
Area 51 Outer Banks, OB package, no tow.

dealer said either side of 6 weeks. 4 weeks later I got a build date of 6/28. 2 weeks later I got a push back to 8/2. I woke up Saturday morning to another pushback of 8/30. Not sure what to do… I’m sure many of you have waited a long time, but I feel as though this chip shortage is going to screw me big time.At this rate, it may be 2022 before it comes. I work for Volvo/Mack, and this is a worldwide global shortage that may take years to correct… stuck driving my 2009 civic… ?.
They will get them built eventually. But yes it is looking like some of these may end up being '22s.

SKBanister

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hopefully they are progressing and just not updated in the system yet. I may wear out my wifi continuously checking the status
My order date was 2/15. This has been the longest 4 months of my life. I'm not a patient person.
Sponsored