DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Mine is in a rail yard, Junction Pt In Gateyard IL according by the VVR. If I look at palsapp it says, its in Dilworth. In any case it's head to small dealer,. and waiting on a truck.

from the Ford track website
Your vehicle is In Transit or on its way to your dealership. Transit times vary from an average of 12 - 28 days based on your location and the plant where the vehicle was built. This is a great time to explore "Ford Accessories" to see how you can personalize your vehicle.

from the Ford email on April 15th...
Our current estimate for delivery to Christian Brothers Ford, Inc. is between May 20, 2021 and May 26, 2021. Once it arrives, a dealership representative will contact you to arrange final delivery.

Pt being....tracking is at best questionable.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
How are people tracking orders once shipped? I tried Pals app but it shows not found.
Your dealer can print a Visibility Report and this will show what train carrier currently has your car and where it was the last time it passed a railroad car scanner, usually 3-4 times a day. If I recall correctly yours will go to Illinois then head to Tennessee and then to Florida.

Dominguez1

Badlands
First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your dealer can print a Visibility Report and this will show what train carrier currently has your car and where it was the last time it passed a railroad car scanner, usually 3-4 times a day. If I recall correctly yours will go to Illinois then head to Tennessee and then to Florida.
Mine shipped the 29th so I wonder how much it has updated or not. I wish the Pals app was updating! I hate to keep bothering the dealer ?? I’ll try to wait till Friday to ask them for an update.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palsapp won’t update if they don’t handle the shipping. I have yet to hear of anyone on the East Coast who had their BS shipped by a palsapp affiliated carrier. Maybe someone has and they will chime in.

CodeGR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
The other commenters commented. Basically the palsapp tracking doesn't get used until your vehicle moves from rail unloading to your dealership.

Dominguez1

Badlands
First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I think mine is on the same rail as all of yours except I’m in Florida so I feel like it totally went the wrong way ?. Says it’s in Illinois now, hopefully it will start going south soon or off load onto a truck going south.
How long did it take to get yours?

CD27

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Jeep Wrangler, Ford Ranger
Might? Was it an official for email........ That is very odd.
Yep, it was from Ford. But I've read about them changing dates often, it currently has not changed from that date yet. :)

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Got my build date email tonight:
Ordered 3/19/21, order confirmed same day.
Email today, 4/15/21, with build date of 6/14/21
BL/BL, Area 51, 360+, tow, cms and 235 tires.
Same specs as me but in Carbo. Gray, with same build date as me, but I ordered 2/3/21.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Yep, it was from Ford. But I've read about them changing dates often, it currently has not changed from that date yet. :)
Yes they change dates often but to use the word "Might" in an official email just sounded odd to me. The usually give you a firm date, but can change it.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Same specs as me but in Carbo. Gray, with same build date as me, but I ordered 2/3/21.
It would be nice if Ford gave us the magic decoder ring for how/when they do production runs.

Some of it may be priority based upon what dealer put in the order and you'd think they would group like vehicles (colors, options) together when they can for efficiency.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would be nice if Ford gave us the magic decoder ring for how/when they do production runs.

Some of it may be priority based upon what dealer put in the order and you'd think they would group like vehicles (colors, options) together when they can for efficiency.
But you have to add it parts availability and filling a train car that can make it to the final destination on the rail system before off-loading for local delivery by truck. I once was part of a team writing software that the Navy used for scheduled rebuilds of planes. I have to tell you it is a lot of work making sure the parts that are put together in assemblies are available and the assemblies built before even starting on a plane. I'm pretty sure custom building all of these vehicles is just as complex.
Sponsored