Waiting room

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
You 100% have price protection from Ford. I'm not sure what you can do if your dealer refuses to cooperate. What happens is Ford is going to cut the dealer a check for the price difference and your dealer is either going to pocket it or mail it to you. But then you've paid more taxes and financed a higher priced vehicle.

I don't know if this helps, but I screenshotted it from the Ford Video Guy on YouTube.
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room Screenshot_20220721-205158
Can you give me a link to this video?
For others here, Can someone here give me a ph number to call while I'm sitting in the dealership and I need Ford, on speaker phone, to explain how price protection works.

My dealer, Chapman Ford of Horsham, advertised 3% under invoice at the time of my order in January but what they want me to pay, now that the car has arrived at the dealership, is 3% under current invoice. The MSRP of the Badlands went up $2000 between then and now and they want me to pay ~ $.3,000 more for the car, than my price at the time of order.

As I under stand Price Protection, from the screen shot above, The dealer pays Ford, based on the price at the time of my "Retail" order, not the price at delivery.

If I was to fail to complete my purchase, they would owe Ford, based on the New, as delivered to them, MSRP. If then, they sell to someone at 3% under the new invoice, they would still make the same money. The killer, "deal" for them and the shove it up your A$$ deal, for me is, the dealer pays Ford, based on ordered MSRP and they want me, the customer, to PAY based on the new, as delivered price. Win/Win for them, BIG LOSER for me!!!
Sponsored

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Can you give me a link to this video?
For others here, Can someone here give me a ph number to call while I'm sitting in the dealership and I need Ford, on speaker phone, to explain how price protection works.

My dealer, Chapman Ford of Horsham, advertised 3% under invoice at the time of my order in January but what they want me to pay, now that the car has arrived at the dealership, is 3% under current invoice. The MSRP of the Badlands went up $2000 between then and now and they want me to pay ~ $.3,000 more for the car, than my price at the time of order.

As I under stand Price Protection, from the screen shot above, The dealer pays Ford, based on the price at the time of my "Retail" order, not the price at delivery.

If I was to fail to complete my purchase, they would owe Ford, based on the New, as delivered to them, MSRP. If then, they sell to someone at 3% under the new invoice, they would still make the same money. The killer, "deal" for them and the shove it up your A$$ deal, for me is, the dealer pays Ford, based on ordered MSRP and they want me, the customer, to PAY based on the new, as delivered price. Win/Win for them, BIG LOSER for me!!!
Here it is:

I can't remember if it's in this video or where I heard it, but I think Ford audits dealerships on whether rebates they receive actually go to the customer. So this could hurt them in the end.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Here it is:

I can't remember if it's in this video or where I heard it, but I think Ford audits dealerships on whether rebates they receive actually go to the customer. So this could hurt them in the end.
Here is a much shorter version of the same thing but with only the meat and potatoes of the issue.
And the thing is, the dealer doesn't loose any money, same as if it was ordered, built and Delivered in the same day. Chapman doesn't want to honor my price protected price because they can make more money if they don't.

Lorri2516

Badlands
First Name
Lorri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Just went to my dealership to do all the pre paperwork since my car is due this week. They gave me the price protection and the $1000.00 cash offer. I didn't even have to ask. Plus an awesome trade in for my 2017 Ford Edge. I always have a great experience with "Richmond Ford West" in Virginia. 🥰

Cards67

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I got busy last weekend, so didn't post that we got out of the waiting room last Thursday! Less than 3 weeks from the plant to Peoria, IL.

I got the price protection, the $1000 order incentive, and a $500 first responder discount. I'm glad I started the price protection discussion before the BS arrived. It sounds like Ford has a difficult process for the dealers to follow. My sales manager didn't argue about the price protection, but said he had to call his Ford rep several times to get everything correct. He said it would be so much easier for everyone if Ford would just print the invoice and window sticker with prices at the time of ordering.
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 20220725_104940

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cougar, 2009 Edge Recently Totalled
I am out of the waiting room, as my BL arrived at the dealer today! A week earlier than the Ford Tracker said it would (7/28-8/3) . Problem for me is I cant even go pick it up with my foot in a boot and my mother in law is coming tomorrow to visit delaying my pickup even further. oh joy. lol

However, I figured I would put my timeline and railcar map here for others as reference. The dates to the far left are when i called CSX. My dealer did not give me any info, i never got emails, so all i had was Ford chat/phone and CSX as my informants lol

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1658355101822
This is crazy.. mine went from Avon to Nashville then Louisville to Walbridge

Melzz

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
256 days but who’s counting?!

I needed to pass my dealership yesterday and spotted what I thought might be mine on the lot but it turned out to be a dealer inventory OBX in the same color. Salesman told me it’s averaging them 20 days from last rail stop to lot delivery and mine arrived at the last rail stop 8 days ago, so sometime in the next two weeks I guess? 🤷‍♂️

NDB2Guy

Badlands
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BII, 89 BII, 89 Ranger, 14 F150, 22 BSport
Imagine you're 35 and your parents decide to have a new baby....

Exiting the waiting room NOW!

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 296194981_10159046185104639_5830150515768347856_n

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Mine's still riding the rails, currently sitting at a stop for 3+ days. From what I can tell, the freight train moves pretty quickly once dispatched, it's all the "intermediate stops" where they add/remove cars and build new trains that slows things down.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Been thinking a lot today about just how lucky I am right now. I found a Big Bend on the lot and snagged it for MSRP in June of 2021. I've gotten to feel so proud of what I'm driving since then. The market is so crazy that I was able to order my dream Badlands and my monthly payments will still be just about the same.

I grew up financially disadvantaged, and now here I am able to drive 2 new cars within 2 years that I absolutely adore. My Sport is just one of those things I'm never going to take for granted. I've loved every moment with the BB and can't wait for September when I see the "built" status on the vehicle I'll be driving until the wheels fall off.
Sponsored