Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I will have to see what changes there were for 2023....do you lose any money if you never take the order?

I know from my last reading to get signed copies of everything and

pricing since some dealers have been unscupulous.

Thanks.
They won’t open until the order banks open in a week or so. Some dealers won’t ask for a down payment until it can be scheduled. I have a 2 door on order but nothing more than the fully refundable 100.00 reservation fee. Granger won’t ask for a deposit until it can be scheduled. Not sure where in the USA you are, but if in the Midwest, I’d suggest going to Granger Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Thank you again, I'll reach out to him. I wrote a more detailed response to your suggestion in their 4% under invoice post. Hoping it's a miss-understanding.
Just heard back from another member of the dealership's team and have cleared the issue up, with the EXCEPTION of price protection.

At the time of order in January, I was told I had price protection. Now they say they don't participate in that. I'm 99% sure price protection is a Ford thing anyway and not a dealer thing. So, I think this can be cleared up with a call to Ford. Any one know the most direct way to do that?
Thank you again, I'll reach out to him. I wrote a more detailed response to your suggestion in their 4% under invoice post. Hoping it's a miss-understanding.
For those reading this thread and not the other, the issue is PRICE PROTECTION!!!! They say they are owed $100,000 in price protection, from Ford, so they are now offering 3% below invoice at time of delivery, for ordered cars, which really means you don't know what your car will cost at delivery when you order. I pointed out that I think we can clear that up my price protection with a call to Ford and my offer, in January, was 3% under invoice at that time and not at delivery. So, basically they want the 2K difference between the Badlands, when I ordered and the current price.

Any suggestions for the best way to get this straight with Ford? ie Who do I contact?

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
My salesman sent me a screenshot of the VVR showing it was received in Nogales, AZ. But I don't know how or why a Ford rep would give me a specific rail car number for my VIN last week, unless a change was made at the last minute or something. I'll admit that it's been fun tracking the rail car and figuring out how rail freight works (I have no idea).
For anyone else who wants to go mad tracking rail cars: turns out my rail car number was correct after all, it's just that Ford's system only updates at the 'junction points' (where the rail car switches carriers).

Melzz

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I am out of the waiting room, as my BL arrived at the dealer today! A week earlier than the Ford Tracker said it would (7/28-8/3) . Problem for me is I cant even go pick it up with my foot in a boot and my mother in law is coming tomorrow to visit delaying my pickup even further. oh joy. lol

However, I figured I would put my timeline and railcar map here for others as reference. The dates to the far left are when i called CSX. My dealer did not give me any info, i never got emails, so all i had was Ford chat/phone and CSX as my informants lol

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1658355101822
Mine was definitely a different rail car on the same load. Mine took that exact route on those same dates.But mine still hasn’t made it to the dealer yet. Congrats!

Dmbleist

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
176 days waiting…and finally JUST LIKE THAT (yeah right!) - my beautiful Badlands is home!
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room A342C6B7-785C-4854-A0CB-3FC8BFF256CE

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 09B53604-70DE-41FE-9374-84A22AD06514

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's finally done! Picked this up today.

22 Badlands, Cyber Orange, premium package, moonroof, 360+, and cargo mat
-Ordered 12/28/21.
-Scheduled for production 5 times starting 5/30 and finally ending with 6/27.
-Invoiced 6/21, shipped 6/30
-Arrived at dealer 7/21

Traded my 21 Badlands in Area 51. I purchased from Preston Ford in Burton, Ohio. Paid a markup upfront, but they also guaranteed my trade amount despite it taking 7 months. Also gave me my $1k incentive and price protection with absolutely no hassle whatsoever. I would highly recommend this dealership to anyone in the area.

The panel under the glove box is missing. I gave my salesman the part number thanks to this forum and he will speak with parts on Monday to order it for me. Also, I have a trunk button despite others saying they don't have one anymore. No engine cover though as expected. I could've taken it off my 21 but I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and if I decide I want it later I'll buy one. I'm so so happy with this color. The only thing I might've done differently was add the gray top but I think there was a charge for it back when I ordered. But it looks amazing either way so I'm happy.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room PXL_20220723_215436943.MP

KatieF34

Outer Banks
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

-Ordered 12/28/21.
-Arrived at dealer 7/21

Traded my 21 Badlands in Area 51. I purchased from Preston Ford in Burton, Ohio. Paid a markup upfront, but they also guaranteed my trade amount despite it taking 7 months. Also gave me my $1k incentive and price protection with absolutely no hassle whatsoever. I would highly recommend this dealership to anyone in the area.

The panel under the glove box is missing. I gave my salesman the part number thanks to this forum and he will speak with parts on Monday to order it for me. Also, I have a trunk button despite others saying they don't have one anymore. No engine cover though as expected. I could've taken it off my 21 but I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and if I decide I want it later I'll buy one. I'm so so happy with this color. The only thing I might've done differently was add the gray top but I think there was a charge for it back when I ordered. But it looks amazing either way so I'm happy.

Nice! I LOVE the script Bronco emblem!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

-Ordered 12/28/21.
-Arrived at dealer 7/21

Congratulations Tracey! Looks great!

I think the trunk button is trim dependent. I have one as well.

Jubaea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Just heard back from another member of the dealership's team and have cleared the issue up, with the EXCEPTION of price protection.

At the time of order in January, I was told I had price protection. Now they say they don't participate in that. I'm 99% sure price protection is a Ford thing anyway and not a dealer thing. So, I think this can be cleared up with a call to Ford. Any one know the most direct way to do that?

For those reading this thread and not the other, the issue is PRICE PROTECTION!!!! They say they are owed $100,000 in price protection, from Ford, so they are now offering 3% below invoice at time of delivery, for ordered cars, which really means you don't know what your car will cost at delivery when you order. I pointed out that I think we can clear that up my price protection with a call to Ford and my offer, in January, was 3% under invoice at that time and not at delivery. So, basically they want the 2K difference between the Badlands, when I ordered and the current price.

Any suggestions for the best way to get this straight with Ford? ie Who do I contact?
If you ever find out, please post. I may have the same issue.

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

You 100% have price protection from Ford. I'm not sure what you can do if your dealer refuses to cooperate. What happens is Ford is going to cut the dealer a check for the price difference and your dealer is either going to pocket it or mail it to you. But then you've paid more taxes and financed a higher priced vehicle.

I don't know if this helps, but I screenshotted it from the Ford Video Guy on YouTube.
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room Screenshot_20220721-205158

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
It's really up to the dealer what they charge you. Ford has some pressure they can bring to bear, but only after the fact. You either pay the shysters or they sell your vehicle to someone else for more.
Ford may not be adjusting their invoices as quickly as they should, but there are no checks cut except for plan prices where dealers choose to honor price protection and plan price. If the dealership sells the vehicle to the person who ordered it Ford reinvoices it for the protected price and compensates the dealership regardless of what the customer pays.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

-Ordered 12/28/21.
-Arrived at dealer 7/21

Congrats! Looks great. Is this one more fully loaded than your A51? Yes I had the trunk button on my 22 BL as well. Missing everything else typically as expected, but that was there. I’ll just order the under dash panel myself at this point.

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Congrats! Looks great. Is this one more fully loaded than your A51? Yes I had the trunk button on my 22 BL as well. Missing everything else typically as expected, but that was there. I’ll just order the under dash panel myself at this point.
No, it's all the same features minus the tow package. I didn't actually need that but my last one was an abandoned customer order so I didn't choose it.
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE