Waiting room

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So something a bit positive, I did a larger search to find any BS close to mine and found a handful in my exact spec: BB+BB with 360+ in Area 51 (except one in Cactus gray which was my second color choice).

Most are in Ohio, while one is actually going to the nearby dealer I was going to order a BS from before I found out about the one I'm waiting for. Looks like it was just built and will probably take a couple weeks to get there. In that time I'm going to see what happens with the one I ordered and if theres no progress by the time it arrives I'll see about getting that one.

Plus I need to get a few things fixed and touched up on my current car so I can see about what I'll get on trade. Also want to see what some local Nissan dealers will give me to buy it from me outright. Might as well try to take advantage of this hot used car market.
back up plan, the one you saw spec like yours, contact the dealer and have them tag it/hold it. These things are going fast. If it's shipping, it will be in Ohio in a week and a half/two weeks tops.
Sponsored

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)
Hey Mister E. Do you live in San Jose? My parents live in Morgan Hill & and I'm in Manteca. I won't buy a dealer marked up Bronco either. I've seen several. I'll wait for mine to come in. once our BS's come in, we'll have to hook up and go wheeling. Maybe in Salinas
I live in the East Bay (Tri Valley area). You and I ordered the same color BL with Gray Roof with BL Pkg. Too Funny! :like:
I'm thinking of going to Frank Raines OHV Park off Hwy 130 one of these days....IF Ford ever gets around to installing the RCM unit in my BL. :confused:

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
back up plan, the one you saw spec like yours, contact the dealer and have them tag it/hold it. These things are going fast. If it's shipping, it will be in Ohio in a week and a half/two weeks tops.
That particular one is coming up to our neck of the woods, down in Howell. Based on some of the other ones I've seen it will probably be 3 weeks, 2 at the minimum.I But that's a good idea, I'll call them tomorrow and find out about it. I was already working with q sales lady there so they know who I am and what I'm looking for which should make things smoother.

Something interesting, it was a recent July build but had a moonroof. It seems which ones get a moonroof and which don't are more based on if they have the necessary parts or not as opposed to a specific cutoff date that it seemed like originally.

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
The Ford dealership in San Jose, CA received 4 Broncos recently and they already sold a Base model with a $5K dealer mark up.
Who wants to buy a 4-door Bronco?
I would be tempted to if they didn't have the $5K markup. :confused:
https://www.capitolford.com/new-vehicles/?_dFR[model][0]=Bronco&_dFR[type][0]=New&_paymentType=our_price
Someone needs to start a list of these Ford dealerships that are marking up these cars when they're in short supply, so the we all know who to avoid when things turn a little more competitive.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Something interesting, it was a recent July build but had a moonroof. It seems which ones get a moonroof and which don't are more based on if they have the necessary parts or not as opposed to a specific cutoff date that it seemed like originally.
Moonroof or not depends on when it was ordered. Ford didn't offer the Packages no moonroof until early May or so. So ones ordered before that Packages were only offered with moonroof.

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
So it looks like my BS is getting close so I'm looking to update my BS Order-Vin-PBuild-Build Week-Delivery sheet.

With all the leap frogging on the orders that we have seen it is hard to hold to the numbers. With that said will update any dates if posted.

Thanks

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room BS_OVPBD_210726.JPG
Mine has supposedly started! Still a 7/20 date on my window sticker **Edit 7/27 just showed**, and nothing in ETIS yet **ETIS now shows 7 ECUs installed yesterday**...
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1627384020518

Last edited:

SKBanister

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I've been considering something like that. My Nissan lease ends 8/23, and my BB+BB still sits wanting for the RCM. I'm getting nervous about it being finished and delivered by then and really can't be without a vehicle. I was thinking about if Ford/my local dealer could get me into a loaner or something while I wait for my BS to be finished, and I can take care of my Nissan. Given the circumstance and the fact that it worked for you, I may explore that idea.

Of course, the easier option is to find a vehicle as close to mine as possible but seeing how hard it is to get a BB+BB I don't have much hope for that either. BB package is the one thing I can't really compromise on. 360+ and color I can begrudgingly, but no the BB package. This is why I'm really trying to hold on for my build.
I hope it works out for you. If my dealer didn't come through, I don't know what I would of done. I've been a customer of their's for 25 years and I complained a LOT

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Someone needs to start a list of these Ford dealerships that are marking up these cars when they're in short supply, so the we all know who to avoid when things turn a little more competitive.
from what Iā€™ve seen the list of dealers NOT adding ā€œmarket adjustmentā€ or what ever they want to call it will be much shorter.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Called the saleslady at the dealer I mentioned yesterday thats getting a unit pretty much exactly like the one I have on order. Left her a message, hoping I'll hear back tomorrow.

Putting it into the tracker, its barely off the assembly line, just finished yesterday (RCM and everything), ordered 11/7/20 (dealer inventory), ETA is 9/4.

Unless this is one is accounted for already, if my June build isn't finished within the next week I'm thinking this is the route I'm gonna go.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Called the saleslady at the dealer I mentioned yesterday thats getting a unit pretty much exactly like the one I have on order. Left her a message, hoping I'll hear back tomorrow.

Putting it into the tracker, its barely off the assembly line, just finished yesterday (RCM and everything), ordered 11/7/20 (dealer inventory), ETA is 9/4.

Unless this is one is accounted for already, if my June build isn't finished within the next week I'm thinking this is the route I'm gonna go.
jump if you can...dead serious. If it's what you WANT and it's available, it's faster and more likely than anyone could guess. That's a big key...ordered 11/20. A lot of folks are understandably upset their order is 'jumped'...but that speaks volumes. Dealers placed stock orders long ago too...they need to keep those dealers afloat as much as they need to keep customers happy. I can't state it enough, that's exactly how I ended up in mine, and the dealer will sell the order you placed inside a week.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

No one knows when the June builds will be completed. Could be next week, next month, several months from now. My guess is not anytime soon. So if you have the chance to get one you like make a commitment to the dealer to buy the incoming unit. If you do not move fast someone else is going to get it.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah thats what I've been thinking and so thats the route I'm going to go. I'll try my saleslady again tomorrow if she doesn't reach back out to me first. I'm really not gaining anything by holding out for my order over other vehicles. The only thing I'm losing potentially is the $1k order rebate but who even knows if I'd get that on my order anyway since it was ordered in March. This one is the way I'm going to go.

And hey if I can't get something else first at least I'll still have that one to fall back on.....whatever month it gets finished lol.

Justinahern

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Hi, Iā€™m located in CT and just put my deposit down on a Cactus Gray Sport OB w/ OB Package, Navy Pier, Dash Cam, Rear Safe, Black Plates, Keypad Lock and 360+.

The salesman had great reviews and he assured me of 8-10 weeks (I know thatā€™s not reliable given the unknowns). I obviously didnā€™t have a moonroof option and would stay clear regardless given that I want this vehicle sooner rather than later. My concern is the 360+ delaying things. I was unaware that there was an issue there - is it chip related? The dealer said he has been selling the vehicle for months and his time frames have always been correct with happy customers (heā€™s a salesman, I know :/). Anyways, he said I should expect an email from Ford within a day or two an Iā€™ll update the thread when I have something worth mentioning. When I brought up the topic of codes and needing a priority 10 because of the importance of the trade in value and current financing which they obviously wonā€™t honor if change over time. His wanting to get away from the codes conversation makes me think there is nothing special about this order and it will be the lowest priority. Wondering how the ā€˜22s launch will play into this as well. Crossing my fingers for November. Would love to hear any and all thoughts.

Justinahern

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
For what it's worth. I think the dealer is a big factor.

I ordered my OB on June 4, 2021. I sat with my salesman as he entered the order in the ford system. He entered my email right on the form. When I got home there was already an email from ford with the order summary.

This morning, June 10 (six days later), I got an update from ford that my build is scheduled for production the week of August 2, 2021. I don't know if that will hold, but it's a sign something is happening.

I ordered an Outer Banks without the extra OB package, with the trailer tow package and cargo management. No moonroof, no 360+. I think those two might be an issue.

Tom
Did you do 360+? Wondering how much that is a factor in delay right now. Seems like a hit or a miss depending on the person.
Sponsored