Video: This is what you don't want to do... accidentally go down a blue ATV trail

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
This is in the Huckleberry Rocks area of Wolf Den Run State Park where a Green trail at the end of a field was poorly marked and we accidently went down a Blue ATV trail. If you Know you Know. We Probably got 500 yards out and then back, over the course of a couple of hours. The first 200 yards was definitely different from the Green trails but nothing like this. We went another 200 yards past this tree before it was a complete no go and I had to back up 20-30 yard in this stuff before I could make a 20 point turn around and go past that same tree again! Funny thing is I just talked to a 6G Bronco owner who went down the same trail accidently but he decided to back out when he got to this tree. At one point my brother, in the yellow shirt, ended up on his back in a mud hole. How he missed hitting a rock, I don't know.

Sponsored

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Normally I can see the attachments but yours is just black for me. :confused:

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
Many times I've seen cars coming down snowmobile trails mistakenly, but wow, this.......

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
This looked and sounded expensive....yeesh. Did you wind up breaking anything or did you make it out safely?

OP
OP
Bluebaru

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
This looked and sounded expensive....yeesh. Did you wind up breaking anything or did you make it out safely?
I might have picked up a pinstripe or two but they would be well camouflaged by some from other trips. Also somewhere over the course of our last few adventures, I damaged the bolts of my HRG skid plate. Two are bent and the Allen head of one is buggered up.. HRG is replacing them.

The noises you hear are stick and limbs, on the ground, breaking or rocks moving. We made it out safely, with 20-30 minuets to spare before the park closed, for the day.

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport badlands
AHA!! So I'm not the only one who goes in places you shouldn't! LOL!! If it's questionable, I walk it first and assess...but yup, backed out of many places like that!

All in the name of fun (and good videos)
Sponsored