Upset over missing engine cover!

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 17d77d806d6301301d80001dd8b71c47

Seriously though, I think Ford should get covers to the people that want them. They probably don't "owe" them to anyone since it is just a cosmetic item and they can change things like that on the fly. Can only hope they would care about customers but that's actually a big ask these days even though the part itself is peanuts. But at the end of the day, you have to pick your battles.

Sounds like a hole is open in the aftermarket too, for custom cover colors and designs. The mounts are literally sitting right there.
That’s what I’m saying. If you wanna keep beating the dead bronco, go ahead. It just seems if you went to the dealer and they don’t have a cover for you, it would be easier to just get it yourself then go to war over the principle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
That’s what I’m saying. If you wanna keep beating the dead bronco, go ahead. It just seems if you went to the dealer and they don’t have a cover for you, it would be easier to just get it yourself then go to war over the principle.
I fully intend to buy a cover and associated parts if I have to. First I will try to see if Ford or the dealer will do something for me. I don't buy the explanation that it is only cosmetic because we all know that it will help to keep that rat's nest clean under there.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
It just seems if you went to the dealer and they don’t have a cover for you, it would be easier to just get it yourself then go to war over the principle.
Yeah doesn't the dealer have those covers in the parts dept? Counter guy just goes and gets one off the shelf hands it over. Easy peasy.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I fully intend to buy a cover and associated parts if I have to. First I will try to see if Ford or the dealer will do something for me.
well if the dealer won't bend for you maybe they will at least sell you parts at cost.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Maybe jelly bean escape has same cover? If so dealer can pop the cover off one sitting on the lot and hand it over?

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Learn something new. Apparently the 9 min mark here explains what the soft engine cover is for, however unlikely.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ford sells the BS as "off-roadable". What's gonna happen when that uncovered rat's nest is all caked with baked on mud?
You gently rinse the mud off, clean the engine bay and go back off road/on-road. By all means keep after the dealer, they have the parts it's the same pieces as the 20/21 escapes. does it help? Sure. Is it needed? No. Should it be there? Yep. If it's causing this much grief, sell the sport, get a jeep/Subaru/Toyota/blazer. Guarantee they will be 100% solid and trouble free vehicles.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Did he say hitting pedestrians!? Lol
Yep...you'd be shocked the things NTSB requires with various accident reporting and studies. Not that it's bad...but the day I need a nerf cover to reduce pedestrian injury as they come in contact with the engine nest of wires and hoses...monkeys might fly out my butt

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Mine also came without a cover. Was built 6/4 and arrived in SEPA 7/1.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 65213BF5-7C04-4D54-8E78-5A915A1EA0F6

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Mine also came without a cover. Was built 6/4 and arrived in SEPA 7/1.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 65213BF5-7C04-4D54-8E78-5A915A1EA0F6
Someone at Ford made the decision not to put these on the vehicles. Maybe it was someone in Mexico...maybe someone at corporate in Michigan. Perhaps those in Michigan aren't aware of the decision in Mexico?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yep...you'd be shocked the things NTSB requires with various accident reporting and studies. Not that it's bad...but the day I need a nerf cover to reduce pedestrian injury as they come in contact with the engine nest of wires and hoses...monkeys might fly out my butt
I like that it’s there to protect my bronco not the pedestrian.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Learn something new. Apparently the 9 min mark here explains what the soft engine cover is for, however unlikely.
Oh so the engine cover is a safety device for when you run over ppl? See I learned something new today. So now ppl missing covers can tell dealers and ford customer service they need that missing safety device.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Oh so the engine cover is a safety device for when you run over ppl? See I learned something new today. So now ppl missing covers can tell dealers and ford customer service they need that missing safety device.
Lol Too funny.
Sponsored