Slewis95407

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Sylvansport Go, 2012 Focus
It requires at least 4 seperate parts, the cover, insulator and 2 different mounting studs.
There are 4 mounting posts 1 long white post circled yellow. 3 short black post circled red. The cover is flipped over on top of battery part number circled in blue.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 0703211514~2

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 0703211514a~4

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 0703211516~3
Sponsored

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
They may have a report saying it was built with out a cover , that may be true , but if they were out of that part during the build , because of supply issues , it would be omitted & a report would be made , doesn't mean it should not be there . They are using that report to weasel out of it IMO .

I would raise holy hell & show them with Emails that the motor in all of their photo's of the Engine you have seen , & was the motor you were lead to believe was I for BS , hard a Freaking Cover .

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Needed or not, is arguable.
Someone not familiar with the design or studied the cover's functionality isn't qualified to dismiss it as "flash" or merely cosmetic. It may be, but at minimum, it protects the nooks and crannies from dust and grime. Ever live in an area with heavy pollen?
It may dampen high pressure fuel injector noise, which are notorious for clicking. Some covers direct airflow to cool certain hot-spots or temperature-sensitive components.

My guess is the cover or a related component for fastening is part of the supply-chain issue. Or Ford has a quality control issue with assembly. Either are problematic due to the inconsistencies.

Especially without any communication to that effect.
Ford Corporate Customer Service telling customers it is not on the window sticker? Is the battery?
Why on some Big Bend and not others? Some Outer Banks and not others?
Engine Appearance Cover for 2021 Ford Escape

but hey...what do I know...I'm unqualified and haven't a clue...guess Ford refers to it as an appearance cover for all of its 'functionality. I've spent a day or two around motors.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
It is cosmetic only. And after seeing the spaghetti mess under that cover yes it makes underhood look better.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Engine Appearance Cover for 2021 Ford Escape

but hey...what do I know...I'm unqualified and haven't a clue...guess Ford refers to it as an appearance cover for all of its 'functionality. I've spent a day or two around motors.

Fair enough, gents. It is cosmetic only.

Hopefully, the spaghetti underneath will be less attractive to the rodents too.

http://www.fordproblems.com/soy-wiring/

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Ford sells the BS as "off-roadable". What's gonna happen when that uncovered rat's nest is all caked with baked on mud?
The 'ol engine bay gonna be a bit trickier to clean. Haven't some already had problems with water and electrical connections?

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 'ol engine bay gonna be a bit trickier to clean. Haven't some already had problems with water and electrical connections?
If anybody here thinks I am poking the hornet's nest, I am! I would like to see everybody that has been shorted the engine cover get on Ford's butt about this. I will be on the phone again tomorrow morning to Ford, this time I will try to get throught to somebody on the BS team.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
If anybody here thinks I am poking the hornet's nest, I am! I would like to see everybody that has been shorted the engine cover get on Ford's butt about this. I will be on the phone again tomorrow morning to Ford, this time I will try to get throught to somebody on the BS team.
Still waiting on my OB to be built, but I will certainly make that part of my pre-acceptance inspection.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Been reading this and I get some of the frustration some of it I don’t, the part is about 70 bucks I found it online and I mean yeah it’s $70 you don’t want to spend but I’ve already spent more than that on other stuff for my bronco sport. Under the hood looks like a little bit of a mess but it looks like an organized mess, either way you’ve got your bronco sport and some people don’t have that yet, I would just buy the part and be done with it.

https://www.oempartsforyourford.com/p/Ford__Bronco-Sport/Engine-Cover/75163660/K2GZ6A949A.html

https://www.superdutydepot.com/p/Ford__Bronco-Sport/Engine-Cover/75837641/JX6Z6A949B.html

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been reading this and I get some of the frustration some of it I don’t, the part is about 70 bucks I found it online and I mean yeah it’s $70 you don’t want to spend but I’ve already spent more than that on other stuff for my bronco sport. Under the hood looks like a little bit of a mess but it looks like an organized mess, either way you’ve got your bronco sport and some people don’t have that yet, I would just buy the part and be done with it.

https://www.oempartsforyourford.com/p/Ford__Bronco-Sport/Engine-Cover/75163660/K2GZ6A949A.html

https://www.superdutydepot.com/p/Ford__Bronco-Sport/Engine-Cover/75837641/JX6Z6A949B.html
These covers were on BS's when most of us ordered them, so they have been paid for once. Ford did not rebate the cost of the cover when they decided to leave it off. Buying it now would be paying for it twice. Also, by the time you buy the cover, the insulator, the studs and pay shipping, the cost is way over $100. This has become a matter of principle.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! 17d77d806d6301301d80001dd8b71c47

Seriously though, I think Ford should get covers to the people that want them. They probably don't "owe" them to anyone since it is just a cosmetic item and they can change things like that on the fly. Can only hope they would care about customers but that's actually a big ask these days even though the part itself is peanuts. But at the end of the day, you have to pick your battles.

Sounds like a hole is open in the aftermarket too, for custom cover colors and designs. The mounts are literally sitting right there.
Sponsored