Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Why would that be a black eye for Ford? Its the XM service that provides that.........
It's Ford that built the Sync update and pushed it out right before the holiday weekend.........

Hang in there. Some time in the distant future, downloads will complete and, from what I've read, Travel Link should work again.
I appreciate your research on it. The Sirius radio itself quit working today for a while. I'm going to see if I can get the wi-fi to max power and make it happen. I'm a little sketchy about going the USB route now that its partially started updating.
Sponsored

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's Ford that built the Sync update and pushed it out right before the holiday weekend.........

I appreciate your research on it. The Sirius radio itself quit working today for a while. I'm going to see if I can get the wi-fi to max power and make it happen. I'm a little sketchy about going the USB route now that its partially started updating.
I "think" all the downloads on my vehicle finally finished after 9 days. I followed Drapers advice and had Sirius close my subscriptions and then open them again, but ultimately that didn't help. My Travel Link subscriptions still will only work following a Master Reset, and then only until I turn the car off. Next start-up, they're gone again.

I hope you don't have that problem, but if you do, and find a solution, please let everyone on the forum know.
Thanks

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yes there is. I went to this link and did the file download, not the USB order purchase route
https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home
Noting this in case someone else doesn't RTFM closely -- I got an LST_ERR05 code when trying to install the navigation/basemap update via USB. This was because I put the license file in the USB drive root, and not in the SyncMyRide folder as instructed.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I "think" all the downloads on my vehicle finally finished after 9 days. I followed Drapers advice and had Sirius close my subscriptions and then open them again, but ultimately that didn't help. My Travel Link subscriptions still will only work following a Master Reset, and then only until I turn the car off. Next start-up, they're gone again.

I hope you don't have that problem, but if you do, and find a solution, please let everyone on the forum know.
Thanks
I don't have any good news. The update is causing all sorts of goofy stuff to happen. I noticed yesterday that the auto start/stop seems to be affected. I forgot to push the off button and drove for a while before noticing... it wasn't stopping at all, not even after 60 seconds at a light with my hands off the wheel.

Then I got to a destination and made a call. The call ended and XM refused to come back. It wouldn't tune channels or play sound. I switched to USB music and that worked. I started driving again and the start/stop was SUPER aggressive. Like, I would pull up to a light and it would stop the engine within 5 seconds. I know it was that system because the icon came up on the DIC. After shutting it off and driving again, the music came back. The travel link subscriptions keep changing around. It usually shows movies and radio are subscribed. One time it had everything except the sports active. But they change around. I'm positive this is a Ford Sync issue; trying to schedule service now. I didn't try the Master Reset thing, but that hasn't solved it for anyone and a LOT of Fords seem to have the issue:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1662110-travel-link-not-functioning.html

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/sync-3-4-update-21020-and-ota-updates.493203/

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands

XM Service...NOT FORD.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
I don't have any good news. The update is causing all sorts of goofy stuff to happen. I noticed yesterday that the auto start/stop seems to be affected. I forgot to push the off button and drove for a while before noticing... it wasn't stopping at all, not even after 60 seconds at a light with my hands off the wheel.

Then I got to a destination and made a call. The call ended and XM refused to come back. It wouldn't tune channels or play sound. I switched to USB music and that worked. I started driving again and the start/stop was SUPER aggressive. Like, I would pull up to a light and it would stop the engine within 5 seconds. I know it was that system because the icon came up on the DIC. After shutting it off and driving again, the music came back. The travel link subscriptions keep changing around. It usually shows movies and radio are subscribed. One time it had everything except the sports active. But they change around. I'm positive this is a Ford Sync issue; trying to schedule service now. I didn't try the Master Reset thing, but that hasn't solved it for anyone and a LOT of Fords seem to have the issue:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1662110-travel-link-not-functioning.html

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/sync-3-4-update-21020-and-ota-updates.493203/
So many issues with your Bronco in
Be patient and keep a look out for on screen prompts..sync3 update took about an hour and the nav update took about the same time. Requires like 1-2 cycles (turn off car and turn on). Glad to see that the cubby is used for face mask storage..I do the same..like 10-15 used disposable masks can fit in there.
Good thing we don't have to wear masks anymore to waste that space.

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m also still having problems following 3.4 /21020 update. I seem to always get XM radio, movies and sometimes sports. All the other Travel Link features are hit and miss.

I did get a confirmation during one of many conversations with Sirius Tech Support that this is a known issue and Sirius engineers are working with Ford Sync engineers on a solution. Timing is tbd.

So, is it a Ford problem or a Sirius problem? Who knows?
Standing by ............

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
something in this update breaks Sirius XM, I updated to 3.4.21098 and that resolved the issue

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
something in this update breaks Sirius XM, I updated to 3.4.21098 and that resolved the issue
How do you access 3.4.21098? I just checked the Ford Owner website and it shows 3.4.21020 as the latest available for my Bronco Sport. I would really like to get past this problem.
Thanks !

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
I used the cyan labs updater. they have fixed the 2020+ issue and i also was able to update my maps to the 2020. the "free upgrade site" was still 2019 maps, and with the sirius xm issue, I figured I would do the jump as I already had used it on my escape with no issues.

Sirius is working fine now, but I cannot say about travel link as we do not get that feature here in Canada

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I used the cyan labs updater. they have fixed the 2020+ issue and i also was able to update my maps to the 2020. the "free upgrade site" was still 2019 maps, and with the sirius xm issue, I figured I would do the jump as I already had used it on my escape with no issues.

Sirius is working fine now, but I cannot say about travel link as we do not get that feature here in Canada
Thanks very much. I’ll check out CyanLabs.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I lost Sirius xm audio on the reboot after the "update complete". Even the preview channel 1 has no audio.

I restarted the vehicle again, then launched xm through channel interface and it's stuck at updating.

Ford Bronco Sport Update to Sync 3, version 3.4 Build 21020 Screenshot_20210704-205259_Gallery

I kept tapping around. I called xm customer care, closed.

I did see something in my xm customer account about sending a refresh signal. I'll try that next.

Refresh from xm home page was a bust using my vin. I'll try again with xm Esn .

Ford customer care chat and xm Custer care chat are both closed.

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

USB should replace and overwrite anything else there, complete or not.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
USB should replace and overwrite anything else there, complete or not.
Yeah, I've definitely gained some confidence using the USB. I still don't get why some software only has 1 file and some have like 8 associated with the updates. I think everyone should get a handy USB stick dedicated to the Bronco because it beats the wi-fi method speed by days. Days!

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I lost Sirius xm audio on the reboot after the "update complete". Even the preview channel 1 has no audio.

I restarted the vehicle again, then launched xm through channel interface and it's stuck at updating.

Ford Bronco Sport Update to Sync 3, version 3.4 Build 21020 Screenshot_20210704-205259_Gallery

I kept tapping around. I called xm customer care, closed.

I did see something in my xm customer account about sending a refresh signal. I'll try that next.

Refresh from xm home page was a bust using my vin. I'll try again with xm Esn .

Ford customer care chat and xm Custer care chat are both closed.
To reset the head unit do this:

Press and hold the audio on button (located in the center of the volume knob) along with the next track button (the one with the arrow pointing to the right) until the display screen goes dark-then release both buttons.

SiriusXM should recover.
Sponsored