JWPVB

Badlands
First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
It's not a safety issue, otherwise there would be a recall and a stop-driving recommendation.
Hi Mark,
I know that (as I mentioned in my previous post) - just very annoying.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Hi Mark,
I know that (as I mentioned in my previous post) - just very annoying.
In your last post you said, " This is FORD and it is the 21st Century. Brakes are the most important safety parts of a car." Brakes ARE among the most important safety devices on a car, and when you mention safety in the context of this thread it appears you are implying this noise issue is a safety concern. I just don't want folks new to the site looking for information about their noisy brakes to get that idea.

JWPVB

Badlands
First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
In your last post you said, " This is FORD and it is the 21st Century. Brakes are the most important safety parts of a car." Brakes ARE among the most important safety devices on a car, and when you mention safety in the context of this thread it appears you are implying this noise issue is a safety concern. I just don't want folks new to the site looking for information about their noisy brakes to get that idea.
Hi Mark,
Plesae PM me.
Thanks

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Its not a safety issue until you take it to dealer and they mess up the repair and end up with spongy brakes that don't work right like a couple ppl here reported . Then its a safety issue. And dealer don't do nubs when they take it back and complain so stuck with safety issue spongy brakes that don't work right. That what some ppl here are reporting happened. And dealer won't fix so stuck with spongy brakes right?

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Its not a safety issue until you take it to dealer and they mess up the repair and end up with spongy brakes that don't work right like a couple ppl here reported . Then its a safety issue. And dealer don't do nubs when they take it back and complain so stuck with safety issue spongy brakes that don't work right. That what some ppl here are reporting happened. And dealer won't fix so stuck with spongy brakes right?
Agreed, and understood. There are plenty of crummy dealers out there, if one's not careful. I network with my friends, and do online review reading, to try and pick a good dealer - even before buying a car. But even if one makes a mistake and buys from a dealer with poor service, they can/should find a good one for service.

BTW, I also agree with Mark S above - this moaning is not a safety issue in itself. Anytime/every time I really slam the brakes while it's moaning, in reverse, of course the pads and rotors dry and grab in just maybe one wheel rev (if that) - and they're plenty effective. In fact it will not moan, no matter what, if I power-brake it. (Not sure - but I believe one needs to be in 'Sport' mode, to do that).

I'd meant to update folks in the other thread I referenced above, about the brakes after the TSB work. I was waiting until my front rotors were "bedded in" to the pads. That's done now, so I hammered the brakes pretty hard y'day. I believe it's a better test, to do so on clean dry pavement, than an ABS situation. So that's what I did. My Ford's brakes are just as strong as ever. My informal test criterion is - "Can I make my lunch box take flight, til it hits the dash?". She passed with flying colors :)

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, and understood. There are plenty of crummy dealers out there, if one's not careful. I network with my friends, and do online review reading, to try and pick a good dealer - even before buying a car. But even if one makes a mistake and buys from a dealer with poor service, they can/should find a good one for service.
Asking other ppl in your area who own a Ford for dealer recommendations is good. Friend of mine next street over has a bunch of Fords, three Bronco Sports, a GT350 and others, and he knew which dealers had good service and which to avoid.

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
Just throwing my experience into the fold. Moan started for me a couple months after getting the BS in late 21. Only ever on first backup of the day.

Heard of the TSB and had the job done at AutoNation Ford Littleton, CO a couple weeks ago. Now it moans louder and every single time I back up no matter the temperature.

I will be bringing the vehicle in again on Monday to see what they can do. I will mention the "liberal use of silicon grease on the bushings and pins" that I've seen mentioned in this thread. And will report back when it's done.

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Just throwing my experience into the fold. Moan started for me a couple months after getting the BS in late 21. Only ever on first backup of the day.

Heard of the TSB and had the job done at AutoNation Ford Littleton, CO a couple weeks ago. Now it moans louder and every single time I back up no matter the temperature.

I will be bringing the vehicle in again on Monday to see what they can do. I will mention the "liberal use of silicon grease on the bushings and pins" that I've seen mentioned in this thread. And will report back when it's done.
Sounds like we're in near identical situations. Curious to hear your updates

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I had brake squeal on my Acura. They replaced the pads and rotors to another type and issue went away. Was a tsb also. But the Acura issue didn’t affect braking performance.
The Ford noise is a loud air horn type sound that vibrates the steering wheel and affects braking. The brakes don’t bite hard. Had Fords tsb done and 1k miles later the noise is back and brakes still don’t feel right.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The Ford noise is a loud air horn type sound that vibrates the steering wheel and affects braking. The brakes don’t bite hard.
You are the only owner to report a loss in braking performance. I recall you first brought it up after you had the TSB accomplished. It seems you now say you believe your brakes have never worked properly.

Brake noises are not new; the mechanisms and conditions that cause them are well understood, and I've never heard of a case where those mechanisms/conditions affected braking performance. I'll suggest that if you believe your brakes are not working properly it has nothing to do with the noise they make.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
No I said they worked better before the tsb. Now I have the noise and worse braking performance. Plus the rears seem to stick. And Ford won’t fix things they’ve fucked up.
They tell me they’ve already fixed them. I’ve been dealing with this with Ford corporate and multiple dealers.
I can’t be the only one that Ford basically tells, sorry about your luck.
I’ve paid out of pocket twice to have Fords fucked up repairs fixed. Also was refused reimbursement or compensation.
I’ve been waiting for another part to be fixed under warranty but after 6 weeks of constant rescheduling. I’m stuck with crappy brakes and a center console that freezes or fucking dies and I lose everything, sensors, sounds, hvac, etc and is dangerous af to drive. Been over 6 months.
So yeah. I’m having a blast dealing with Ford

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I
No I said they worked better before the tsb. Now I have the noise and worse braking performance. Plus the rears seem to stick. And Ford won’t fix things they’ve fucked up.
They tell me they’ve already fixed them. I’ve been dealing with this with Ford corporate and multiple dealers.
I can’t be the only one that Ford basically tells, sorry about your luck.
I’ve paid out of pocket twice to have Fords fucked up repairs fixed. Also was refused reimbursement or compensation.
I’ve been waiting for another part to be fixed under warranty but after 6 weeks of constant rescheduling. I’m stuck with crappy brakes and a center console that freezes or fucking dies and I lose everything, sensors, sounds, hvac, etc and is dangerous af to drive. Been over 6 months.
So yeah. I’m having a blast dealing with Ford
Incompetent dealers and Fords answer is take it to the dealer. Maybe trade it in?

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I like the vehicle that’s the problem. I’d rather do the work myself and get reimbursed by Ford. I know what I’m doing. And would be done right Instead of going back again and again.
Most people are ok with subpar work, I’m not.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester

It's been 2 days since the rework. According to the tech, they uninstalled the new parts, removed all the old grease, then reinstalled them with new grease - and plenty of it.

The noise is ALMOST entirely gone. Far better than the crazy loud constant version of it I had after the first service. But I can still induce it very quietly if I have the right amount of pressure on the brakes when they're cold.

This is almost certainly a design level issue, and the grease is just a bandaid. In any case, I'm alright with where it's at now. If it gets worse over time or Ford comes out with a better fix, I'll worry about it then.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's still pretty loud when it happens. I'm still not going to bother trying to fix it further. At this point I'm worried the techs will eventually screw something up going back and forth with them. I bet new rotors and/or pads made of a different material could change up the resonance of the system and maybe stop it from happening.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Jrl