Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Welllllll....

I had some issues with infill on the horse. And my top layer doesn't look nearly as good as yours.
And man I didn't realize how meh my horse looked till looking at it in this photo.

But from a few steps away, I'm ok with it :)

How'd you print it without walls around the outside? I used Cura to slice it. Printed in PETG on an Ender 3.

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print 1650498917808
Sponsored

OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Bravo, Dave! Yep, pictures can be little tattle tales. Peeps walking by will not notice the issues tho'. I have never used PETG but ABS only ever and I have the most headaches from white. :headbang:
Here is a link to get the files I use to do the 2 part print where you print the horse directly on top of a smooth plate. So, no walls around a horse cutout. Click Me!
You'll have to do a "pause at height - filament change thing" or make the horse a separate job where the print starts at 7mm above the build plate. Just make sure that the plate and horse are centered or each are at coordinates that will center the horse atop the plate. I'm not sure what options you have in your version of CURA to get that done, I know the old version I used to use I never had luck with things like that and started trying different slicers until I settled on IDEAMAKER for 95% of my use. DOWNLOAD IDEAMAKER LINK It can be a little daunting to setup, but well worth the effort once you're there.
I hope you at least had fun printing this and look forward to seeing a smooth topped one from you if you go for that!