Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
Fair question, RS1. It would actually be more to go with the holes. The inserted part would have to be wider to have enough meat around the hole to be strong enough to not easily snap off if bent. Also, printing holes in the vertical need support printed as it goes, to not have the part weak and potentially look crappy. I figured in the nubs (I like that better than buttons, btw) deal so the print would actually be faster, stronger and, I feel, easier to deal with in the real world. Wow, what a word salad.
Anyway, if the below is what you had in mind, I can have it dressed, assembled and clearcoated in a day or so.

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print redhorse
Looks awesome, can't wait to see A51!
Sponsored

OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Thanks, MJbronco!

I am having ~ zero luck trying to blend colors to get the Area 51 and Cyber Orange colors closer to correct. I've trashed about a quarter pound of filament and no joy.

My proposal:
I print one of each with the colors that I have (could get) closest to correct and post up pics of them (hopefully clipped into a real Sport of each color) and let y'all decide if that is a route you could take.
Or, I supply you with one printed white, with the inserted part, support shims and locking nubs all glued up, and a horse of the color of your choosing. You could sand it, paint it, Krazy Glue the horse in and then hit it with the clear. I would knock off $5.00 for this deal.

I'm open to all suggestions/questions and want to keep this light hearted and fun for all of us! :clap:

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print whiteone

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
Thanks, MJbronco!

I am having ~ zero luck trying to blend colors to get the Area 51 and Cyber Orange colors closer to correct. I've trashed about a quarter pound of filament and no joy.

My proposal:
I print one of each with the colors that I have (could get) closest to correct and post up pics of them (hopefully clipped into a real Sport of each color) and let y'all decide if that is a route you could take.
Or, I supply you with one printed white, with the inserted part, support shims and locking nubs all glued up, and a horse of the color of your choosing. You could sand it, paint it, Krazy Glue the horse in and then hit it with the clear. I would knock off $5.00 for this deal.

I'm open to all suggestions/questions and want to keep this light hearted and fun for all of us! :clap:

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print whiteone
First, I hope this isn't a major cost for you filament wise...how far off do you think you he A51 color is?

If you really think it's way too far off I'm definitely fine with the white backing (that I would paint) and a white Bronco to go with it!

OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
The 'trashing" was only around $2, so, no biggie at all. I'm printing the blue one right now, so let me see if I can get a pic of it on a Sport tomorrow and we can figure it out together.

EDIT TO ADD PICS:

This blue is not a 'match' but it looks really good in person!

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print blue11

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print blue22

Last edited:

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
The 'trashing" was only around $2, so, no biggie at all. I'm printing the blue one right now, so let me see if I can get a pic of it on a Sport tomorrow and we can figure it out together.

EDIT TO ADD PICS:

This blue it not a 'match' but it looks really good in person!

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print blue11

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print blue22
That does look great!

Here's what I'm thinking, I'll def take that A51 one, but if you're willing to print a white plate with the white Bronco (not glued on yet) I'll buy both and experiment with painting it to see how it turns out!

Also, glad it wasn't a huge cost for the trashing and I know it's been said multiple times, but thank for all the time and effort you've been putting in to this

OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Wonderful, MJbronco! I'll proceed to finish this blue one and start on the DIY one tomorrow!
Once I have everything done, I'll send you a private message here so we can get our infos in order.
:like:

Last edited:
OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Unfinished Cyber Orange-ish with white horse. Printing one for a black horse now...

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print cowhite

OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Thank you, Art4All !!

And here's the unfinished Cyber Orange-ish with black horse.

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print coblack

OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
ABSOLUTELY Welcome, Ralph! A pleasure doing business with you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Just a tad non Bronco Sport related. :p
If a fan of Squidbillies, you know this dude.

Caution: prototype
Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print Prototype

Print him for yourself!
Link below to download a final version .zip file (~11.5MB) containing all the files necessary to complete the cover, plus instructions (read all and read carefully) and images/media containing sequence of events and more instructions! I can/will answer any questions to the best of my ability. Post up if you make one!!
Extracting the .zip will create a folder named "Early-Cuyler-Hitch-Cover-82mm" in the folder you browse to.

Click Me! To Download 82mm Version

Finalized an 87mm version and made one for myself.

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print earlyonfronty2

Print him for yourself!
Link below to download a final version .zip file (~11.5MB) containing all the files necessary to complete the cover, plus instructions (read all and read carefully) and images/media containing sequence of events and more instructions! I can/will answer any questions to the best of my ability. Post up if you make one!!
Extracting the .zip will create a folder named "Early-Cuyler-Hitch-Cover-87mm" in the folder you browse to.

Click Me! To Download 87mm Version

Last edited:
OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
I wish you ultimate luck, Dave! Even with a dialed in machine and new filament, it's normally a crap shoot. LOL
Sponsored