Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
The best match I have is ExcelFil's Sky Blue. Looking at it in person, compared to internet pics of A-51 rides, it's dang close. Even if not 'spot on' I'm 97% sure it would not clash, anyway. I have a friend with a coworker that has an A-51. Once I get this one done I will try and get the owner to let me install it on their's and snap a pic or two. I'm actually curious myself about it.
Awesome! The A51 has white lettering so the white horse wouldn't be perfect. Keep us posted, thanks again!

OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
If you could get one to match cyber orange I would buy it. or at least point me in a direction to get cyber orange paint.
Here is the color I blended (with a rich yellow filament and red Sharpie fusion) for the Chubby's I printed. In person it looks even more correct. If I can manage to get the blend that good again, I'll post up a couple pics for you to decide if it's close enough.

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print co

And, just a note: For a quality that is high without going crazy slow with the printing, the main 'plate' takes 4.50 hrs, the inserted part and supports and buttons takes 2.75 hrs. and the horse takes 1 hr. So, that is over 8 hours for the parts for one of these. So, it will take me a good while to have some completed variations to show. Please be patient with me. :like:

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Here is the color I blended (with a rich yellow filament and red Sharpie fusion) for the Chubby's I printed. In person it looks even more correct. If I can manage to get the blend that good again, I'll post up a couple pics for you to decide if it's close enough.

And, just a note: For a quality that is high without going crazy slow with the printing, the main 'plate' takes 4.50 hrs, the inserted part and supports and buttons takes 2.75 hrs. and the horse takes 1 hr. So, that is over 8 hours for the parts for one of these. So, it will take me a good while to have some completed variations to show. Please be patient with me. :like:
Looks like it’s missing the engine cover :crackup:

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Wow, 8 hours, I’m raising my price quote offer.

My42waffles

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 f150 21 bronco sport

I like that and will be patiently waiting for the end results of the other one

OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Wow, 8 hours, I’m raising my price quote offer.
How does $35 shipped priority (to the 48) sound to everyone? Honestly there is not much $$ involved in making these, but I do have to babysit the machine during prints (potential fire hazard) and there is assembly, clearcoating and packaging. So, I feel that is fair. I welcome all conversations about this.

Last edited:

Art4All

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Outer Banks - Cyber Orange
How does $35 shipped priority (to the 48) sound to everyone? Honestly there is not much $$ involved in making these, but I do have to babysit the machine during pirnts (fire hazard) and there is assembly, clearcoating and packaging. So, I feel that is fair. I welcome all conversations about this.
For a custom item and for all your time? I think it’s very fair! I would be interested in a cyber orange too. I feel like we’ve all been through a master class on patience, so you take all the time you need!

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’m in line for one. Your price is very fair. Just wondering if you omit the nubs and replaced them with a hole so one can just use a pin as you would for an actual ball hitch. Would that save time and materials? But I’m in and thank you.

OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Fair question, RS1. It would actually be more to go with the holes. The inserted part would have to be wider to have enough meat around the hole to be strong enough to not easily snap off if bent. Also, printing holes in the vertical need support printed as it goes, to not have the part weak and potentially look crappy. I figured in the nubs (I like that better than buttons, btw) deal so the print would actually be faster, stronger and, I feel, easier to deal with in the real world. Wow, what a word salad.
Anyway, if the below is what you had in mind, I can have it dressed, assembled and clearcoated in a day or so.

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print redhorse

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I obviously know nothing about 3D printing. Learning is good ?. And that is very very cool. Just tell me how to get you paid. Thank you

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
Fair question, RS1. It would actually be more to go with the holes. The inserted part would have to be wider to have enough meat around the hole to be strong enough to not easily snap off if bent. Also, printing holes in the vertical need support printed as it goes, to not have the part weak and potentially look crappy. I figured in the nubs (I like that better than buttons, btw) deal so the print would actually be faster, stronger and, I feel, easier to deal with in the real world. Wow, what a word salad.
Anyway, if the below is what you had in mind, I can have it dressed, assembled and clearcoated in a day or so.

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Hitch Cover To 3D Print redhorse
These are turning out phenomenal!

OP
OP
HUSBANDOFBS

HUSBANDOFBS

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
I obviously know nothing about 3D printing. Learning is good ?. And that is very very cool. Just tell me how to get you paid. Thank you
Message sent!