Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
The tracker works. It is finicky.
Put this URL in your browser
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking/
Enter the 4 digit order number (look on the Window Sticker under "Item #". There will be 4 chracters after a dash. Example 53-L000 O/T 2 --> Order number is "L000"
Enter the VIN.
Click back and forth between the fields for luck (to make sure the validation in the javascript code ran)

So
Customer's Order Number
[ L000 ]
Customers VIN Number
[ 3FMCR9D97NRD14138 ]
Now press the "Accept and Track" button

People have noticed an estimated date is gone. Folks. It's getting bad.. Chip shortages are real, Truck driver shortages or protests are affecting MI and CANADA operations, Rises in fuel prices are causing companies to renegotiate, etc.

I was at the dealer today. The manager level folks could look up and tell me which VIN's were in "Chip Shortage" mode. They basically said no one has a magic ball to tell Ford when a chip will show up. Thus no "estimate times". If your vehicle made it on the train.. (circle under Shipped -- but not check mark) then you at least have the chips.. (right?) Mine is not on the train -- waiting for "something" since Feb 22 (now March 11).

This particular dealership offered me an "in stock" Badlands. Then.. they said it had been in the St. Louis Auto Show and was being trucked back to their dealership. then it was gone. I found out today that "auto show" Badlands is in "chip missing" status. So it might be traveling from auto show to auto show...

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
"If your vehicle made it on the train.. (circle under Shipped -- but not check mark)"
Hmmm. Hope that's it, as dealer is rather reluctant to divulge any info that might actually be, you know, useful...

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"If your vehicle made it on the train.. (circle under Shipped -- but not check mark)"
Hmmm. Hope that's it, as dealer is rather reluctant to divulge any info that might actually be, you know, useful...
Everything I know I got from this excellent post on the subject
Guidance on how to read the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website

Once the truck is loaded on a rail car or convoy the Built status will be checked, the Shipped status will be circled and a Estimated number of shipping days and a estimated delivery date will be populated.

Ford Bronco Sport Track Your Bronco Sport Order by VIN # OnTheTrain.PNG

ON THE TRAIN (left the factory)​

They have reportedly stopped showing some of the estimates for days and dates of delivery. I would postulate this is because so many vehicles are "built" but are awaiting a chip. The auto news sites are reporting this to be true for the Assist+ package especially.

Ford Bronco Sport Track Your Bronco Sport Order by VIN # Waiting_For_Somethine.PNG

BUILT BUT NOT ON TRAIN​

I would say all vehicles on hold awaiting a chip would be "stuck" in the lower picture. (limbo)
But! Just because you are in the lower picture doesn't mean you need a chip. (It means you aren't on a train.) The dealer says "awaiting a porter" which could mean train or truck or donkey (and not limbo).

Last edited:

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So, dealer pretended (?) to be surprised that it showed up yesterday. So was I. And in fact, they recieved a truckload of Sports...
Ah well. Think I'll go outside and look at it again :)

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
Where can Canadians track their build?
Enter your info on the US site provided...it will redirect you to the Canadian site...re-enter info.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Enter your info on the US site provided...it will redirect you to the Canadian site...re-enter info.
yeah its been corrected now for this, there was a work around earlier as well, but seems more optimized now

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer got a "surprise" Bronco Sport Outer Banks on their latest delivery (porter) truck last week.

Another customer apparently custom ordered a black Outer Banks months ago at this dealership. Off came her Bronco Sport and (gasp!) a second, identical one. The sticker was Green with SPECIAL ORDER on both. Same options, same color, etc. The dealership kindly called and inquired if I wanted it since it had Assist+. (I want I Want!).

So I am out of the Waiting Room. I had three $500 deposits on three Bronco Sports (ridiculous I know). Only 1 was in transit. No one ever delivered so I asked for refunds. FYI, Lou Fusz Ford of St Louis refused to refund my $500 deposit with the vehicle stuck in Kansas City.. I said "if you sell that Bronco Sport before it arrives I would like to get my deposit back pleaseā€. (They said no way).

Machens Ford Capital City (Jeff City, MO) kindly refunded my $500 hold deposit immediately. I just bought a used 2017 Ford Focus hatchback with Ford Gold Certification from them yesterday. Great place.

See you later. I am going to try and change my name to a Game of Thrones reference and will update my profile.

2022 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks - Shadow Black/Ebony Roast

Ford Bronco Sport Track Your Bronco Sport Order by VIN # 20220401_MyBroncoSport

PS.. This loaded Badlands in Area 51 just opened up. It will be over MSRP, but hey itā€™s in ā€œOrigin Receivedā€ status AND no doubt, among the last with the Assist+, Premium AND Tow packages. Give salesman Braden

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mkz, 2011 F150 FX4, 1975 MGB
Congratulations on your purchase. I have been dealing with Machens since the late 80's, both Jeff City and Columbia have always been happy with my deals. Enjoy your new ride.

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations on your purchase. I have been dealing with Machens since the late 80's, both Jeff City and Columbia have always been happy with my deals. Enjoy your new ride.
I just changed my handle.. i am now using a name more appropriate for the Shadow Black paint job.

My new ride got ā€œslimedā€ by a muddy Ford SuperDuty right at the Bridge.

Heading on Amtrak tomorrow West from St Louis to the dealer in Jeff City to pick up this used 2017 Focus for my 17 year old. She is a honor student bookworm. So I left in the non stock Cold Air Intake that was in there (so everyone at her high school would stare..)

Ford Bronco Sport Track Your Bronco Sport Order by VIN # 75F2223B-E1AA-49DC-9564-E2AF92DEED9C

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE

Jenbeth

Outer Banks
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driving the Husbandā€™s F-150

thekingprawn

Badlands