AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
def has been one of the best mods on my 2021 base. these hooks are strong, yanked us out of a couple ditches this past winter.

Ford Bronco Sport Tow Hook 9F60FD1C-BC83-4139-9FB3-E74755BCA66C
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
You are absolutely correct. I wasn't even aware what 'reverse threaded' meant. That's why I appreciate Mark S. participation in this forum. He 'splains' things in terms I sometimes understand. 🙄
That's your super power. 🤣

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
My local dealer wants $45 for the tow hook. What a rip.
EM2Z17A954A full part number.
Edit: Tasca Parts is showing the tow hook included as the spare hold down bolt. Part #6 in the diagram. So no need to buy?

Ford Bronco Sport Tow Hook 20ee8ac5af0da44191083cd5e977dba1
I had to change a tire about a month ago and I do not remember seeing that tow eye mixed in with all that.

Do you have a link for where you got this diagram from? I'd want to make for sure for sure you have that in the kit before going out and needing one.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I feel like from numerous threads on this topic you have a 50/50 chance of the actually getting the tow hook from the factory. About the same odds as the fuel funnel.

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT
I got the fuel funnel with my BB. I will check later for the tow hook. I forgot all about it. I'm curious myself.

Update: No tow hook doubling as a hold down bolt for the spare. Something else Ford should include but doesn't.

Last edited:

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I got the fuel funnel with my BB. I will check later for the tow hook. I forgot all about it. I'm curious myself.

Update: No tow hook doubling as a hold down bolt for the spare. Something else Ford should include but doesn't.
Especially since the owners manual states it is required.

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT
Especially since the owners manual states it is required.
Is that a fact? Mind saving me some time and let me know the page number. I have my manual right here with me.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I don’t have my manual in front of me, but I pulled the 2022 manual up on the computer. Here is the screen shot where it states you must carry one. It also says if your vehicle did not come equipped, you can buy one from the dealer. Try checking looking for tow eye or recovery tow eye.

Ford Bronco Sport Tow Hook IMG_2016

Huh, what do you know nothing has changed in the 2023 manual, with regards to the tow eye for Roadside Emergencies.

Ford Bronco Sport Tow Hook IMG_2017

Last edited:

REDWM

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 F-150, 77 MGB, 2023 Bronco Sport
After reading this tread, I found the attachment point in the rear but the manual says there is also one in the front. After much laying on the garage floor, I couldn't find one. Has anyone else found the front one or is it not on a Big Bend? Also the doughnut hold down bolt does not come off or would serve as a tow hook.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
After reading this tread, I found the attachment point in the rear but the manual says there is also one in the front. After much laying on the garage floor, I couldn't find one. Has anyone else found the front one or is it not on a Big Bend? Also the doughnut hold down bolt does not come off or would serve as a tow hook.
I'm pretty sure there isn't one on the Big Bend. They are just not her Heritage Edition Limited and Badlands. Hopefully someone corrects me if I'm wrong.

TRWXXA

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition

I do not understand why Ford does not provide the recovery tow eye, when their own manual says you have to have it...

Ford Bronco Sport Tow Hook Screenshot_20230807_160335_Adobe Acrobat

TRWXXA

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition

It seems like a bad idea to have the towing eye as the spare tire or jack holdown. If you do need to get a tow, then you'd be required to pull out the spare to get to it. What a hassle.

The fuel funnel should be kept handy for the same reason. If not for you, then maybe to help some other unfortunate motorist who may need assistance. Mine is in the glove box.

OP
OP
Barry S.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I do not understand why Ford does not provide the recovery tow eye, when their own manual says you have to have it...

Ford Bronco Sport Tow Hook Screenshot_20230807_160335_Adobe Acrobat
Avoid the aggravation. I picked mine up from the dealership using Ford points. Cost is around $35 dollars if you pay cash.

patmat2350

Heritage
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Heritage Ltd
Any limitations on using the factory tow package with a tow eye in the 2" receiver?

Ford Bronco Sport Tow Hook 57255_W3[1]
Sponsored