OP
AmazingSieve

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
My gosh. I would've been having a heart attack. I can't believe he told you it was 'moderate' and actually did't know where he was going.

I've never done that trail, but I am familiar with East County SD as I was stationed at Camp Pendleton for a long time, and had a girlfriend who lived in Alpine. Some great off roading in East County.
Yea, it wasn't fun. At first I was super careful but then that would pull me into the ruts. Then to avoid the ruts I had to drive closer to the edge, which brought me in contact with the brush, but I was going super slow.

After we hit the point where I couldn't go any further, I kinda lost it. The I had fewer fucks to give. Then when we got to the second part, where we hit a gate and it was clear we couldn't go any further I really lost almost all remaining fucks I had. Like I was so angry, it almost didn't care, I wanted to get off that dam trail and ya.

Towards the end I had just accepted that my car was going to get scratched if I was going to take the lines wanted to and I simply accepted that. In the moment that was the most pragmatic choice but it still wasn't fun.

One of the things I'm still mad about and why I refer to him as "your idiot friend" when talking to my dad is that he hadn't pre-ran the trail before and worse yet he thought I could make it up that last pitch. Like he was kind of an idiot especially if he thought my car could make it up that.

Everyone knows its a little CUV with some clearance and a clever AWD system, its not an off roader. If your car is falling into that v shaped rut there's no chance I can do that without hurting my car. What planet are you on? Are you living in a different reality?

Needless to say I don't think I'll be going on another trail with him again.
Sponsored

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
Yea, it wasn't fun. At first I was super careful but then that would pull me into the ruts. Then to avoid the ruts I had to drive closer to the edge, which brought me in contact with the brush, but I was going super slow.

After we hit the point where I couldn't go any further, I kinda lost it. The I had fewer fucks to give. Then when we got to the second part, where we hit a gate and it was clear we couldn't go any further I really lost almost all remaining fucks I had. Like I was so angry, it almost didn't care, I wanted to get off that dam trail and ya.

Towards the end I had just accepted that my car was going to get scratched if I was going to take the lines wanted to and I simply accepted that. In the moment that was the most pragmatic choice but it still wasn't fun.

One of the things I'm still mad about and why I refer to him as "your idiot friend" when talking to my dad is that he hadn't pre-ran the trail before and worse yet he thought I could make it up that last pitch. Like he was kind of an idiot especially if he thought my car could make it up that.

Everyone knows its a little CUV with some clearance and a clever AWD system, its not an off roader. If your car is falling into that v shaped rut there's no chance I can do that without hurting my car. What planet are you on? Are you living in a different reality?

Needless to say I don't think I'll be going on another trail with him again.
investing in random orbital polisher is a good investment. there are many products out there that will remove defects with a good polisher.

and yes, you now reserve the right to sideeye every comment he ever makes in your presence