Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Dealer called me to say my order just came in. Was able to come by about 5 hours later.
Badlands, no BL package, Tow Pkg, 360 Assist+
-
Driving - Power, Cornering, Brakes, Acceleration all adequate. Very nice, no major problems. No excessive body roll. You could feel the 2.0 liter in normal mode, Sport mode letā€™s you have more fun. summary driving is fine, and fun. nothing bad stands out. Steering is nice and responsive too. going over speed bumps with the suspension is satisfying / very smooth but not saying i go faster over speed bumps lol.

Cabin - took a while to find all the functions. rotary dial will take some getting used to. everything feels pretty ergonomic. Everything feels like theyā€™re right where they should be, expect i wish the headlight control was still controlled by twisting the blinker arm (just something iā€™m used to and donā€™t think it should move). but with automatic headlights i might not even have to mess with headlights at all. Engine noise is low, i didnā€™t notice it until i wanted to hear it. I also had music on so thatā€™s probably why. but nonetheless it barely makes it into the cabin, the sound itself is pretty nice tho. seats (unique cloth) are comfy, probably will break in a bit more. i like the light blue glow for the buttons. visibility is adequate, less than my subaru forester tho which has great visibility. cameras arenā€™t low quality which is a great relief.

Size - this is hard to explain. Itā€™s not big, and it doesnā€™t seem small either. In comparison to some cars it makes the BS seem smaller, but in its own it seems larger. Up close it looks larger too, but also feels like a subcompact suv. haha i know that was confusing, the shape of the car just really messes with my perception of the size loool. One of the photos is compared with a 2010 Subaru Forester. BS is taller and wider, but sliiightly shorter in length.

Main takeaway / honest afterthoughts - Canā€™t wait to take this up the mountain for Snowboard season, and also some off shoots while taking this on dirt, sand, and snow. Iā€™m gonna baby it just a little bit, but not afraid to take it on some terrain soon. Looks wise, itā€™s too shiny for me rn i need to matte it out w some dirt / grime lol. As with all big purchases i felt a very tiny bit of buyers remorse as i still want a bigger vehicle, but thatā€™s not to say iā€™m not happy with the BS / i donā€™t want it. But pretty sure the remorse comes from financing the vehicle (just feels like i canā€™t afford it). Feels like i left my subaru fam but also excited to see other Broncos / Bronco Sports on / off the road. Will slowly add accessories to make it look more rugged and of course to add functionality. I like it, gotta get used to some of the placements coming from a different car. will post more later on.
any questions ask them below!

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions A35D8D05-02B8-48D7-93D2-81C0F12C0BE7

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 2931FB55-3E62-44D7-8A1E-78FA7725F880

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 75308521-B6DF-4D41-BE29-B9CBF30F22FB

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 95BACD8A-59FD-42C2-AEA6-C45E18BE1224

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 197F55DB-1638-402F-BF0B-0B5037437B7E

Ford Bronco Sport Took Badlands Delivery - first impressions 26FDA120-0C59-4B10-81D9-FFB5EC70D631
Sponsored

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
sorry for the duplicate photos haha

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
Congrats! I got the same exact thing except for the mudflaps. Mine should be here next week. How are the stock speakers?

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Congrats! I got the same exact thing except for the mudflaps. Mine should be here next week. How are the stock speakers?
thank you! nice choice! haha, itā€™ll be worth the wait. Stock speakers do well. Nothing impressive, but also nothing below average. Iā€™m able to enjoy the music i play while driving and thatā€™s all that really matters to me. but i donā€™t wanna downplay it at all, they sound good. just not fantastic. Iā€™ve also seen someone else mention the B&O sound system is all that amazing either. sure itā€™s an upgrade but nothing mind blowing. also need some time to mess with the levels then maybe iā€™ll get the full experience!

also side note iā€™ve seen in other reviews. the blinker noise is a bit louder than average lol. of course not a deal breaker, but itā€™s just a little funny to me that all

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
thank you! nice choice! haha, itā€™ll be worth the wait. Stock speakers do well. Nothing impressive, but also nothing below average. Iā€™m able to enjoy the music I play while driving and thatā€™s all that really matters to me. but i donā€™t wanna downplay it at all, they sound good. just not fantastic. Iā€™ve also seen someone else mention the B&O sound system is all that amazing either. sure itā€™s an upgrade but nothing mind blowing. also need some time to mess with the levels then maybe iā€™ll get the full experience!
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm glad I skipped the badlands package, I wanted to get it purely for the B&O's. If I'm going to keep this car for another 15 years like my Honda I'd much rather have cloth seats. I'm really excited to try out the copilot 360+. Anything to make highway driving non-fatiguing helps so so so much on a long haul trip

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm glad I skipped the badlands package, I wanted to get it purely for the B&O's. If I'm going to keep this car for another 15 years like my Honda I'd much rather have cloth seats. I'm really excited to try out the copilot 360+. Anything to make highway driving non-fatiguing helps so so so much on a long haul trip
Yeah i had leather seats in my forester, they didnā€™t look bad after 10 years but southern california summers bring in 100+ heat which is not fun with leather seats. This will be my first vehicle with any degree of ā€˜autopilotā€™. Will be doing 5+ hour trips to mammoth pretty often this snowboard season, iā€™d imagine Assist + comes in handy.

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
How do you rate the rubberized flooring? Does it seem cheap or unfinished? Did you get the rubber mats as well?

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
@Elboy I'll be leaving the Subaru Forester family as well. We're currently on our 4th Forester (18XT Touring) - we always traded for something we thought we liked more but always came back to Subaru. I'm hoping the BS will be a keeper.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
@Elboy I'll be leaving the Subaru Forester family as well. We're currently on our 4th Forester (18XT Touring) - we always traded for something we thought we liked more but always came back to Subaru. I'm hoping the BS will be a keeper.
yeah, main reasons why i didnā€™t get a other Forester is the cvt and styling. also it seems like there were not that many options when it came to accessories vs something like the Rav4. Rav4 was also on my list, i loved how it looked and performance seemed okay itā€™s just 2 people in my family already have rav4s and i wanted something new.

if the forester goes more rugged and with a stronger engine than maybe iā€™ll come back after this Bronco Sport. but for now happy with my purchase, a little sad tho i had so many adventures with the foz

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
How do you rate the rubberized flooring? Does it seem cheap or unfinished? Did you get the rubber mats as well?
i got it last night and was too ecstatic to notice details like that. will let you know with pictures sometime today! but i have the floor liners with carpet mats. So i believe the rubber mats plus carpet mats to put on top? iā€™ll let you know later today lol

Baby Iron Horse

Big Bend
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
The cactus gray looks great with the black roof. I would love to duplicate that look, maybe with iconic silver, but with the Big Bend trim, which means an iconic silver roof. Does anyone know what it would take to black vinyl wrap the roof. Havenā€™t done one before so wondering about both cost and quality of the look. Probably get it professionally done.

OP
OP
Elboy

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
The cactus gray looks great with the black roof. I would love to duplicate that look, maybe with iconic silver, but with the Big Bend trim, which means an iconic silver roof. Does anyone know what it would take to black vinyl wrap the roof. Havenā€™t done one before so wondering about both cost and quality of the look. Probably get it professionally done.
when financials are more stable and when iā€™m ready, iā€™m probably gonna either do a partial or full wrap sometime down the road. if youā€™re just doing the roof i think that would be the best set of panels if youā€™re doing it on your own which will be of course cheaper. less room for error since no one will often see the top and thereā€™s a small portion on the side that will be visible. but professionally done isnā€™t looked down upon either, iā€™d imagine it would be a lot cheaper if youā€™re just doing the roof. price wise have no realistic number bc iā€™ve never gotten it done before but google says full car wraps could be thousands.

iā€™d say if you like working on your car, this could be a fun project youā€™d be proud of at the end by doing it yourself or with some others. but disclosure i have no experience doing it, so just my 2cents.

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Does yours have the "intelligent access" front door handles that lock/unlock when you touch them if key is detected?
Sponsored