Tons of 2021 Bronco Sports stashed in Michigan?

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Whats this business all about?

https://fordauthority.com/2021/01/tons-of-2021-ford-bronco-sport-models-are-stashed-at-michigan-assembly-plant/

Ford Bronco Sport Tons of 2021 Bronco Sports stashed in Michigan? higan-Assembly-Plant-Parking-Lot-December-2020-002

The 2021 Ford Bronco Sport is already populating dealer lots after the new off-road-focused crossover entered production at the Ford Hermosillo Assembly Plant in Mexico on October 26th, 2020. However, Ford Authority recently spotted a large number of 2021 Ford Bronco Sport models sitting outside the Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Ford Ranger and Ford Bronco are produced.

While this may seem strange on the surface, itā€™s likely that these Ford Bronco Sport models were completed at the Hermosillo plant and then shipped to Michigan as a stop point for distribution to dealers. Regardless, weā€™re betting that this sight has been confusing for at least a few folks who have driven by in recent days.

This isnā€™t the first time weā€™ve seen some brand new Blue Oval products filling up parking lots, either. In recent weeks, thousands of 2021 Ford F-150 models were spotted at the Detroit Metro Airport and Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant (as well as surrounding properties). According to Ford, those new pickups are early production models awaiting final quality checks before they ship to dealers, however.

One advantage the Bronco Sport has over the Bronco is availability, however. Buyers can purchase a Sport right now, while the regular Bronco is facing yet another delay due to COVID-19 related supplier issues. The big Bronco also recently received a price bump that, when coupled with the delay, has caused some reservation holders to cancel their plans of buying one. The Bronco Sport also received a price increase recently, albeit a modest one.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Quality control issues coming off of the mfg. line?

OP
OP
Timsvtgen1

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Supposedly a mass of them waiting to be rerouted, not sure.

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
I don't think much of anything has been moving since Christmas. Today is sort of the first day the gears start turning again after the holiday break.

..... I think I see mine in there. Get that thing on a train/truck!

OffTheGrid

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not certain this applys but a similar sight happened with the ranger.
There was a shortage of steering wheels.( was told it was from worker's on strike) So big numbers of almost completed vehicles sat...for a good couple months befor resolve.

Any part could be holding these up.
Even later implemented inspections.

A dealership told me~
QC WAS RAMPED UP ON THESE AFTER SOME WERE ALREADY RELEASED.
But who really knows.

Tom House

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
There are three at my local Ford here in Marin County, CA, with a half dozen more, including a Badlands, sitting on lots within a 30-minute drive.

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thereā€™s a railhead and distribution point at MAP. My Outer Banks was delivered to my dealer here in SE Michigan on 12/31, a full 2 weeks ahead of the estimated date.

Robisten8

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport First Edition, 2020 Ranger Screw
Hereā€™s one stashed....in my garage and driveway!

Ford Bronco Sport Tons of 2021 Bronco Sports stashed in Michigan? E94E4A16-71EE-4CB4-98C4-24B57D2567A9

Ford Bronco Sport Tons of 2021 Bronco Sports stashed in Michigan? 23D9BB63-B3D8-4FDD-B5B8-72F026A12FAA
Sponsored