To all with a missing engine cover: (1.5L)

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Yes the engine cover is not "missing" on any '22 they're not included. To some this is a huge deal and I get it (I couldnt care less but I also very much wish my '22 had the digital AC dials and others don't care so to each their own) but since my '08 mariner and '12 mustang didn't have a cover and neither didt my '96 or '97 accords I'm personally not tore up about it.
Sponsored

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I've seen so good/bad reviews of the sonic devices.
If you're having luck with a particular model I'd be interested.
Any recommendations?
Problem seems to be this
Once they set up shop they become repeat customers
Scented holdover signals an "all clear" to newcomers
Nip It - Barney Fife
Tried some for mice AND ants........nope!
Tried some under hood, problem they use 12V off battery, so also need trickle charger!
Best seems to be
Bell + Howell Ultrasonic Pest Repeller

Can't guarantee they work, but find no droppings or damage anywhere near them:like:

However, they don't keep bears out of the garage😲

Last edited:

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I really don't care as it looked like a crappy piece anyway. But if it was missing, I would want what was owed to me.

The real question is, will a cool Ford Performance engine cover from a Focus ST fit the Badlands engine?

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
They keep increasing prices and taking away parts.. i bought an engine cover.. and got under dash panel under warranty..

Reactions: ZQ8

Tom 5778

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange OB, Factory Five Racing roadster
Wood rats under engine cover on F150 caused over $2000 damage (don't ask), They stay out of the garage and the BS due to sonic generators, but still hang around the homestead! Gonna try the peppermint spray outside to drive them away. Hope it works, these guys are really big!
Rats ate the same wires on my BRZ four times. Sprayed with peppermint spray to no avail. Finally got the sonic noisemaker with random flashing lights. Put it right next to their favorite wires. Sprayed peppermint spray heavily. Went to bed. The rats chewed through the wires overnight. That was the fourth time. Sold the BRZ and ordered the BS.

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Rats ate the same wires on my BRZ four times. Sprayed with peppermint spray to no avail. Finally got the sonic noisemaker with random flashing lights. Put it right next to their favorite wires. Sprayed peppermint spray heavily. Went to bed. The rats chewed through the wires overnight. That was the fourth time. Sold the BRZ and ordered the BS.
They were partial to my vacuum tube array. Last time Ford misdiagnosed, changed my coolant system (pump, etc.) and said I needed new turbos. Had turbos changed (not by Ford) and not problem! My mechanic then found 1 more vacuum tube hole missed by Ford. I also tried underhood noise & lights, didn't work. Traded truck & car for BS-BL.

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
And another point on those engine covers... If you notice the spongy foam material - that apparently helps to address European pedestrian safety standard requirements (cushioning effect I guess)... Not a requirement in the US so they can totally take it out to save $$$.

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Remember reading somewhere that Asian car makers, probably European and now "American" makers have gone to using wire covering made from plants (yea for recycling). The critters thank us a lot as they enjoy the snacks.
Wouldn't be surprised that our off road, back to nature vehicles are loaded with rodent food.

Tom 5778

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange OB, Factory Five Racing roadster
Remember reading somewhere that Asian car makers, probably European and now "American" makers have gone to using wire covering made from plants (yea for recycling). The critters thank us a lot as they enjoy the snacks.
Wouldn't be surprised that our off road, back to nature vehicles are loaded with rodent food.
My wife’s 2007 Lexus sat next to my 2013 BRZ. The rats loved the BRZ and left her car alone. Sort of. When I took the engine cover off her car I discovered a nest. So they lived in her car and ate mine. IIRC, it was about 2014 when the edible wiring came into play.
Sponsored