Carl h

Big Bend
First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My Bronco big bend came with the tires inflated to about 45 to 46 lbs. I am going to deflate to proper pressure my question is about the TPMS will I need to reset? Should I go below the pressure I want and let the tpms come on and then raise to proper pressure, or just lower. I do not see any reset instructions in manual. Any ideas
Sponsored

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
Just picked mine up today, tires are at 38-40 when they should be 33. Service departments seem to be careless about these things, my Transit runs 49 front/71 rear and anytime they rotate the tires I have to correct the pressure and reset the TPMS.

JP25

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Same here. I believe they over-inflate to improve stability during shipping (less play when chained down). I asked the dealer to set them at recommended pressures when they in-processed the vehicle, said they would but did not. I did it myself and didn’t need to reset the TPMS or anything, just took a couple drives and a couple iterations of de-inflation and inflation to get them to the right spot.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Because of earlier thread here I checked mine the day I picked it up and dropped them from 42 to the specified 33#.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Same here. I believe they over-inflate to improve stability during shipping (less play when chained down). I asked the dealer to set them at recommended pressures when they in-processed the vehicle, said they would but did not. I did it myself and didn’t need to reset the TPMS or anything, just took a couple drives and a couple iterations of de-inflation and inflation to get them to the right spot.
Exactly correct, tires over-inflated prior to rail shipment to reduce load shifting during transit. Tires supposed to beset to correct PSI prior to delivery... a lot of dealers don’t catch it.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Something to keep in mind regarding tire pressure is that 33 is just the recommendation from Ford, not the maximum. The tire manufacturer sets the maximum.
I posted this to another thread but it’s relevant here:

As far as the Ford recommended tire pressure (33psi, IIRC), keep in mind that this number is obtained through testing in a wide variety of scenarios: high speed, low speed, cornering, heavy load, light load, rain, dry, etc. Fords recommendation is a “jack of all trades” number, in that it does well in all conditions, but exceeds in none.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
My Bronco big bend came with the tires inflated to about 45 to 46 lbs. I am going to deflate to proper pressure my question is about the TPMS will I need to reset? Should I go below the pressure I want and let the tpms come on and then raise to proper pressure, or just lower. I do not see any reset instructions in manual. Any ideas
If you wish to reduce your tire pressure, a small handheld gauge would be best. I’m not sure how often the TPMS updates the readings. There is no reason to “reset” anything.

JP25

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
If you wish to reduce your tire pressure, a small handheld gauge would be best. I’m not sure how often the TPMS updates the readings. There is no reason to “reset” anything.
I'll admit it's an easy adjustment, I just wish it had been done already like they told me they would. I did it cold, turned the truck on and scrolled to the tire pressure screen, and then went around to each tire manually deflating. From the time I stopped on each tire, it'd take about a minute or two to reflect on the screen that I was monitoring through the windows, so I just kind of went from tire to tire around a couple times. From what it showed after, those pressures stayed within about 2 PSI cold measured a few times after a week of trips, so was pretty accurate right off the bat.

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 FX2
RF = 44, LF = 46, RR = 46, LR = 45; slightly overinflated according to my FordPass

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Tires way overinflated at delivery Screenshot_2021-06-05-16-14-31-29_f85a9dcae275ee1e0920d804e6924647

I better let some nitrogen out.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When I picked up my Badlands and the sales guy was setting up Ford Pass, I noticed the tire air pressures were in the 40's, I had the service manager at the dealer correct the air pressure before I drove off.
Sponsored