Tips for removing Aeroskin II Hood Deflector?

tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well, its time to undo one of my mods. I've had the textured Aeroskin II Hood Deflector on my OBX for one month and have seen such a drop (and still dropping) in mpg that I want to take it off. Disappointing since I really like the look of it. I've never done anything like this removal before, but I am generally pretty handy. I've seen comments about using fishing line, dental Floss, heat guns, etc. to get it off, but I'm wondering if anyone has specific advice or videos on how to get the thing off without damaging the paint. Any info is appreciated!! Thanks!

Ford Bronco Sport Tips for removing Aeroskin II Hood Deflector? 20211101_153123
On a completely different note- is that color area 51 or cactus grey??
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Well, its time to undo one of my mods. I've had the textured Aeroskin II Hood Deflector on my OBX for one month and have seen such a drop (and still dropping) in mpg that I want to take it off. Disappointing since I really like the look of it. I've never done anything like this removal before, but I am generally pretty handy. I've seen comments about using fishing line, dental Floss, heat guns, etc. to get it off, but I'm wondering if anyone has specific advice or videos on how to get the thing off without damaging the paint. Any info is appreciated!! Thanks!

I have had mine on for a year now and my mpg is the same as it was before I installed it. 18 city 26 highway and that is for the 2.0 . I would look elsewhere for a cause. Just my thoughts. You might want to call the deflector company and see what they have to say .

Ford Bronco Sport Tips for removing Aeroskin II Hood Deflector? 36B6CB99-E30B-46F6-BD47-FB142D518407

Ford Bronco Sport Tips for removing Aeroskin II Hood Deflector? EC14C98C-444A-413F-B188-0FFB234DBB53

Last edited:
OP
OP

Emlangkow

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have had mine on for a year now and my mpg is the same as it was before I installed it. 18 city 26 highway and that is for the 2.0 . I would look elsewhere for a cause. Just my thoughts. You might want to call the deflector company and see what they have to say .

Ford Bronco Sport Tips for removing Aeroskin II Hood Deflector? 36B6CB99-E30B-46F6-BD47-FB142D518407

Ford Bronco Sport Tips for removing Aeroskin II Hood Deflector? EC14C98C-444A-413F-B188-0FFB234DBB53
Glad it hasn't caused you any problems. My mpg started going back up as soon as the deflector was removed so I am satisfied as to the cause, but I encourage anyone else to draw their own conclusions based on their experiences :)

Reactions: Jrl

Oneoff

Outer Banks
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This is Cactus Gray

I am glad I saw this. I thought I was nuts after I installed mine. Thanks

OP
OP

Emlangkow

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am glad I saw this. I thought I was nuts after I installed mine. Thanks
Most people who have commented think I'm nuts too, but I'm happy with my decision to remove it so I don't care what they think!

dedwards0323

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just installed the Ford Bronco Sport Aeroskin Smoke Air Deflector on my 2021 Outer Banks. This air deflector doesn't have that small air dam that sits on top of the air deflector. Air flow over the hood shouldn't change much, if any at all. (Note: It was also $20 cheaper than the Aeroskin II version.) I'll be curious if the gas mileage drops.

Ford Bronco Sport Tips for removing Aeroskin II Hood Deflector? Bronco Sport Aeroskin Smoke Air Deflector.JPG
Sponsored