Tips for removing Aeroskin II Hood Deflector?

OP
OP

Emlangkow

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’m sure the deflector will make a slight difference in MPG, 1-2 MPG tops, but definitely not 5 MPG. The BS is already a brick, a little bump on the hood can’t make the aero that much worse. And why would the efficiency change over time? Nothing is changing about the accessory or the airflow over it. I’d be looking for other factors before tearing off the deflector.
Feel free to have your own opinions and hypotheses, but mine has been proven correct by my average mpg going back up after taking off the deflector. So I am pleased with that outcome.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Emlangkow

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Good to hear you were successful in removing , how much time did you have into it ? If I might suggest why not try one of the clear raps for the front end check out some u tubes on that . Good luck . Enjoy
I am considering a clear wrap. Removal probably took 30-40 minutes using a hair dryer to warm up the adhesive, and then having a friend help peel it off. The deflector didn't exactly make it out alive, but the Bronco did so I'm satisfied!

Ford Bronco Sport Tips for removing Aeroskin II Hood Deflector? 20211122_145526

OP
OP

Emlangkow

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hood deflector, roof rack, and cargo basket are on constantly. If I'm on highways I'm going 80+ and I average 24.6 mpg. For a 4x4 vehicle that is not designed very aerodynamically; I find that reasonable. If I was looking for mpg I wouldn't have bought my BS ?‍♂
Glad its working for you! For me, keeping the deflector, which is questionably effective at best, was not worth a 10% decrease in gas mileage. To each their own.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I am considering a clear wrap. Removal probably took 30-40 minutes using a hair dryer to warm up the adhesive, and then having a friend help peel it off. The deflector didn't exactly make it out alive, but the Bronco did so I'm satisfied!

20211122_145526.jpg
Did you have any paint fade or any change in the look of the hood .Do you happen to have taken a picture afterwards . Good information to have , thanks jim from Pittsburgh

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Glad its working for you! For me, keeping the deflector, which is questionably effective at best, was not worth a 10% decrease in gas mileage. To each their own.
Absolutely; I do know the 2 weeks I didn't have it in the beginning of the year I couldn't believe how much bug splat. That was my main reason for it; night and day as far as bugs go. Not sure if it's saved me on some chips since I have them.
And 10% isn't a huge variance in my eyes due to the functionality of the hood protector. It's like someone who looks for gas that's 10 cents cheaper a gallon. How much will you really save; a buck or two?

Last edited:

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Did you have any paint fade or any change in the look of the hood .Do you happen to have taken a picture afterwards . Good information to have , thanks jim from Pittsburgh
Very pretty color on your car , great check .

Ford Bronco Sport Tips for removing Aeroskin II Hood Deflector? B90B2639-B1AC-44A4-B569-A6A8A7DD6902

Ford Bronco Sport Tips for removing Aeroskin II Hood Deflector? 2A77F180-374E-4951-A8E1-C91810F458B7

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
Wow, this is the craziest thing I ever heard. No way MPG impacted that much. But hey, thats what forums are for. Sometimes great info and discussion, sometimes just friendly banter and rancor.

OP
OP

Emlangkow

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Absolutely; I do know the 2 weeks I didn't have it in the beginning of the year I couldn't believe how much bug splat. That was my main reason for it; night and day as far as bugs go. Not sure if it's saved me on some chips since I have them.
And 10% isn't a huge variance in my eyes due to the functionality of the hood protector. It's like someone who looks for gas that's 10 cents cheaper a gallon. How much will you really save; a buck or two?
Totally get it. For me 50 miles per tank is worth it, but to someone else it might not be.

OP
OP

Emlangkow

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Wow, this is the craziest thing I ever heard. No way MPG impacted that much. But hey, thats what forums are for. Sometimes great info and discussion, sometimes just friendly banter and rancor.
I understand your skepticism, I don't usually take the word of random internet people either ? Just posting my experience in case it is helpful to someone.

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
OP
OP

Emlangkow

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Wow you get 500 miles per tank?
Nearly, or at least I was before. Maybe 45 per tank is a better estimate. Several round trip commutes to work for me!

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Glad you removed okay!

Just to add

Had spray can overspray on my truck that had been there and dried. went and put this on. sprayed some on a Q-tip just to see in a small spot how it would do. took off the spray paint overspray. No problem to my original paint.
Just sprayed it on Let It soak in for a moment 15 seconds wiped it off with a cloth. Little rubbing. Bingo!
It will work on removing sticky adhesive also like gorilla tape, duct tape, 3m tapes.
Ford Bronco Sport Tips for removing Aeroskin II Hood Deflector? 20220125_134136

Have used it when brushed my trucks bumper up against a dumpster blue paint scuff...took the blue paint off of my front bumper. Used it on a neighbor's lower Valance where he had scraped a red curve. in no situation did it disturb the paint on the vehicle.

* do your own research before applying. Test small sample.

Purchased at Home Depot

Last edited:

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yep, it's pretty significant. I can tell by the way water moves on the windshield that the ridge on the deflector is causing air to churn over the hood instead of sweeping smoothly up and over the vehicle.
Causing air flow to churn over the hood...
interesting!
Sponsored