Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
All credit and thank-you's go to Throttle House for this video. Enjoy!!!!!!

Sponsored

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
They are a bit dismissive in some opinions. They suggest Ford took a normal SUV feel and made it drive more harsh.

OP
OP
Sergeant Gearhead

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
They are a bit dismissive in some opinions. They suggest Ford took a normal SUV feel and made it drive more harsh.
Yeah, but then again TH is more used to doing performance cars and track vehicles, not crossovers like the Bronco Sport.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
Their conclusion: cool looking, capable, livable, king of the... “trucky crossovers”(-a cross between an suv an a “trucky” car... aka an suv...) with fairly impressive 4wd tech. Is it worthy of the bronco badge?.... just enough.

To summarize the conclusion: spoke highly of the bronco sport but not too high to where they would lose their off street cred with the “cool truck enthusiasts” made sure to throw in just enough jabs at how adequate yet inadequate it is at the same time. ? ended with it’s not a proper bronco yet it possesses just enough worth to wear the badge.

It appears this egotistical view of classifying vehicles has now become either a “proper” bronco (2/4dr) or it’s a crossover for some people. Also all unibodies like the 2021 defender are also crossovers. Funny that they didn’t just name the class BOF (body on frame) instead of suv.
these people grind my gears. The defender does everything their body on frame truck does, and does it better, more efficiently, and more comfortably. Those trucks, yes the defender is a truck, have insane capability that body on frame die hard truck people mostly can’t afford to buy and are to smug to even research.

same with people who say the Y62 patrol is a fake 4x4 because it has full independent rear suspension despite it making it further down trails than the land cruiser 200 series.

people on Reddit were totally bashing the bronco sport saying how bad it sucked and how much better other body on frame trucks were. They don’t seem to get this car is not competing with wranglers,4 runner, land cruiser and it is 100% the most capable crossover.

I call the bronco sport an on road vehicle that is very good off road, and call their body on frame rigs off road trucks that are ok on road

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Most of the people buying these cars will not be taking them off pavement. It's good to get reviews with a more on road focus for those folks.

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
Their conclusion: cool looking, capable, livable, king of the... “trucky crossovers”(-a cross between an suv an a “trucky” car... aka an suv...) with fairly impressive 4wd tech. Is it worthy of the bronco badge?.... just enough.

To summarize the conclusion: spoke highly of the bronco sport but not too high to where they would lose their off street cred with the “cool truck enthusiasts” made sure to throw in just enough jabs at how adequate yet inadequate it is at the same time. ? ended with it’s not a proper bronco yet it possesses just enough worth to wear the badge.

It appears this egotistical view of classifying vehicles has now become either a “proper” bronco (2/4dr) or it’s a crossover for some people. Also all unibodies like the 2021 defender are also crossovers. Funny that they didn’t just name the class BOF (body on frame) instead of suv.
I find it hilarious that they made judgments about its off road capabilities without actually taking it off road.

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Agree with all the posts here. I knew exactly what I was ordering after my two test drives. I wanted a vehicle that had all the horsepower, interior creature comforts and smooth(ish) ride of a unibody CUV...but also something that allowed me to get into places I'd never go with a Mazda CX-9, Audi Q5 or Jaguar F-Pace!

Why certain reviewers are trying to throw shade on its exceptional 4WD capabilities (especially in the Badlands version) for the type of vehicle it is, makes no sense to me. Are they comparing it to a Jeep Compass Trailhawk or a Rav4 TRD like they should be, or are they comparing it to an original Hummer, an FJ Cruiser or soon-to-be-everywhere Big Brother Bronco? If the latter they need to give their head a shake because it's clearly a very road-worthy SUV that can go off-road...not an off-roader that might be a little uncomfortable for trips to the grocery store or the kids' hockey arena.

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
most of the people buying vehicles will not be taking them off pavement. This statement is true for wranglers, cherokee’s, defenders, land cruisers. It’s good to get reviews with a more unbiased look at features and capability rather than ones reading a script of punchlines stating how it’s not the very best vehicle in the world. Most folks understand what they are buying and don’t need a reviewer to tell them that the vehicle they are buying has a badge that is actually unworthy to wear and here is why....
I honestly don’t understand why anyone would buy this if they don’t intend to go off pavement. It has literally no advantage over an escape on the road unless you’re really hooked on the styling. It will handle (on pavement) worse and get worse gas mileage. It costs more for the same comforts inside.

FalkenAround

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I honestly don’t understand why anyone would buy this if they don’t intend to go off pavement. It has literally no advantage over an escape on the road unless you’re really hooked on the styling. It will handle (on pavement) worse and get worse gas mileage. It costs more for the same comforts inside.
You do seem to understand. This might surprise you, but yes, styling and looks is a big factor in why people choose to buy a vehicle.

frk

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
10:45 in their video got my attention, bothers me, & makes me want to go wiggle the same spot on my Subaru.

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
10:45 in their video got my attention, bothers me, & makes me want to go wiggle the same spot on my Subaru.
My CX-5 was very thin as well. The way of vehicles these days. Gone are the days where two people could sit on the hood without collapsing it.