daShadow

Outer Banks
First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
I was browsing through the local Ford dealers used cars online and found this. A 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend, nice looking and only 19k miles. The dealer is asking $31444, and it showed the original sticker with a price of $31470. So it seems they are asking $26 under the original sticker price for a 3 year old used BS. And the dealer has 6 new 2024 Big Bends on the lot for only about $1000 more. It is the only used BS they have in stock and it is listed as a "Special Offer". Do they really think they will get that price?

Sponsored

CletusVanDam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
When I bought mine new about a year ago that's how all the used Sports were priced. Right around new sticker price for used vehicles with as many as 30k miles.

Apparently people were paying those prices in order to get one "today," because they didn't have many new ones on lots that weren't already spoken for.

OP
OP
daShadow

daShadow

Outer Banks
First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
This dealer has 10 BS of various trims for sale on the lot right now, oh well, not my problem. ... :cool:

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
That seems pretty high considering our one year old 2023 Outer Banks was $38K and some change new but has depreciated to around $29K according to KBB. It only has 9100 miles on it and has the upgraded technology package with the B&O audio, universal garage door opener, wireless charging pad and HD radio. I wouldn't be surprised to see yours at the dealer sit because there's not a lot of demand for Bronco Sports anymore. Our dealer can't move them, especially the Heritage Edition trims. They have like five of them that have been sitting for a while. They're not as hot as the Maverick.

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
That seems pretty high considering our one year old 2023 Outer Banks was $38K and some change new but has depreciated to around $29K according to KBB. It only has 9100 miles on it and has the upgraded technology package with the B&O audio, universal garage door opener, wireless charging pad and HD radio. I wouldn't be surprised to see yours at the dealer sit because there's not a lot of demand for Bronco Sports anymore. Our dealer can't move them, especially the Heritage Edition trims. They have like five of them that have been sitting for a while. They're not as hot as the Maverick.
Speaking of the B&O Audio System How Does It Sound?

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I was browsing through the local Ford dealers used cars online and found this. A 2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend, nice looking and only 19k miles. The dealer is asking $31444, and it showed the original sticker with a price of $31470. So it seems they are asking $26 under the original sticker price for a 3 year old used BS. And the dealer has 6 new 2024 Big Bends on the lot for only about $1000 more. It is the only used BS they have in stock and it is listed as a "Special Offer". Do they really think they will get that price?

My Dad use to say “there’s an Ass for every seat” !!!

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

Many dealers haven't adjusted since covid pricing. They overpaid for trades when there was no new inventory available. Rebates on new 2023 models now. They will take some big hits soon.

SoCal

Outer Banks
First Name
Marl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi R8- 2020 Tesla M3P- 2021 Wrangler Rubi

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Speaking of the B&O Audio System How Does It Sound?
Pretty good. For whatever reason, people like to bash it but I don't think it sounds bad at all. Maybe it's because I'm not as privileged and don't get to listen to different premium audio systems but I think it's fantastic, especially in my Maverick. Plenty of base and good clarity.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Pretty good. For whatever reason, people like to bash it but I don't think it sounds bad at all. Maybe it's because I'm not as privileged and don't get to listen to different premium audio systems but I think it's fantastic, especially in my Maverick. Plenty of base and good clarity.
As a recovering 'audio guy', I recall that there were a few brands that people loved to hate on -- one was/is Bose, and another was B & O.

Both companies make good equipment, as do most other name brand mfrs. Audio quality can be incredibly subjective. The bottom line is, does it sound good to you?

It's easy to get pulled into the audiophile trap, where -- like a junkie chasing a high -- the person is constantly looking for audio perfection. There's a LOT of expensive snake oil out there, sold by people who take advantage of audiophiles. The crazy-expensive esoteric gear may not sound any better in "double-blind" A/B/X testing, but the marketing language is enough to get the true believers to think that it sounds better. And if they think it does, then, well, it does (to them).

Even the best systems can sound terrible if they are EQ'd poorly. IDK what sort of EQ the B & O system has, but the more bands and the greater the boost/cut range (usually +/- 12 to 15 db) the better. The typical 'bass/treble' controls are very limited.

Of course, what sounds good to you may not sound very good to someone else. Ideally there will be 2 or more EQ presets, because resetting a multi-band EQ would be a PITA.

Also, where a person is sitting makes a difference.

Finally, except when parked, audio quality in a car is limited by road and wind noise. So even the best system in the world will be crippled.

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Just looking at the pics owners posted of the factory B&O Speakers (especially when compared to aftermarket replacements) and the various owners that have stated the clips and other items on the door panels rattle, buzz and shake makes one feel like we were not provided what most of us “expect” in a B&O System.

That being said, I researched setting up the audio controls and have my factory B&O System sounding very good to me and those who ride with me. We play music fairly loud too from a mix of SiriusXM (which is not high quality audio) and Apple Music. I haven’t experienced the door panel issues others reported.

And my hearing does have a few notches and drop outs .. I’ve had hearing tests done with printouts provided across the human frequency range so I know where my hearing has deficiencies.

Given all that, I am satisfied with the factory B&O System.

Last edited:

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Just looking at the pics owners posted of the factory B&O Speakers (especially when compared to aftermarket replacements) and the clips and other items on the door panels that rattle, buzz and shake makes one feel like we were not provided what most of us “expect” in a B&O System.

That being said, I researched setting up the audio controls and have my factory B&O System sounding very good to me and those who ride with me. We play music fairly loud too from a mix of SiriusXM (which is not high quality audio) and Apple Music.

And my hearing does have a few notches and drop outs .. I’ve had hearing tests done with printouts provided across the human frequency range so I know where my hearing has deficiencies.

Given all that, I am satisfied with the factory B&O System.
I should add that most mfrs make a range of products. For example, while I haven't checked recently, JBL has/had at least 2 lines of speakers -- pro/commercial grade, and consumer. I'm not sure about B&O.

Those notches in your hearing are exactly what I was referring to above. Even "perfect" hearing is not flat. Humans are more sensitive to midrange frequencies, which is why you'll often see a "smiley face" on a graphic EQ:

Ford Bronco Sport This surprised me today. 1714627892090-1y

Almost everyone has some peaks and dips in sensitivity as well, and then there is the freq response of the speakers, as well as the acoustics of the room/vehicle. So the curve will rarely end up looking like the one above. Typically something uneven, like this:
Ford Bronco Sport This surprised me today. 1714628268495-y3

Your passengers are lying to you. :cool:

J/K -- it may really sound good to them as well. It's not like most people have wildly different hearing. Often though, if you have 2 or more different people EQ a system, they will come up with at least slightly (if not significantly) different settings.

As I said above, the fact that you are satisfied with the B&O system is all that matters.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
As a recovering 'audio guy', I recall that there were a few brands that people loved to hate on -- one was/is Bose, and another was B & O.
I think the biggest complaints about these two companies from purported audiophiles is price. Both Bose and B&O charge a great deal of money for their names, and you can get the same or better quality sound for much less money.

But you're right about one thing: perception is a funny thing. If one THINKS a speaker sounds better then it doesn't really matter whether "experts" agree with you or not. If I spend twice as much on a set of speakers then I probably need to think they sound twice as good. :crackup:
Sponsored