The next big toowhoo from ford that will spur some interesting discussions.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Op, to most of us this is old news. Six months or so.
The pandemic was but a distraction to the economy.
Now China knows what’s needed to fine tune their power over us.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Ya know,,, I’d pay Ford Fitty Bucks ta permanently turn off my stop start.
I AM gonna be mighty pissed when my $400 starter motor burns out. Just after the warranty ends of course.

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
On the full size, they have added the caveats into the order guide for the signature lighting. They will substitute if the feature isn’t available.

Base LED Headlamps Note: Contains LED Taillamps
TIP: This is in place of Signature Lighting Note: Required Option when Feature is Not Available

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Wait what?

Semiconductor production is very complicated and scheduled far in advance. The auto industry gave up its production slots early in the pandemic; those were quickly consumed by other customers. Semiconductor demand has only increased during the pandemic with things like remote work, stimulus funds, etc. increasing consumer demand amongst other sectors.

Semiconductor production is not a switch you flip or dial you turn to ramp up. It takes years and large sums of funding to build out new production capacity, and that process is well under way, domestically and abroad.

Throw on top of that the start of WW3 that's causing raw materials used in semiconductor production and elsewhere in automotive parts and the supply chain constraints keep piling up against us.

There is no "to no avail", progress is being made, despite the roadblocks that keep getting thrown at the industry.

I have no idea where you get the idea of "27 different panels". The idea being tossed around is that certain modules will be omitted entirely at time of delivery. Modules that enable features that aren't related to the safe operation of the vehicle; the vehicles will still comply with all safety and emissions regulations.

Any module installed after delivery would be effectively a black box where it still had the same inputs and outputs, even if it functioned differently internally. The whole point is that it's a drop-in replacement where a dealer service department gets the part in and simply installs it in place.

It's effectively the same part, whether it's installed on the assembly line or in a dealer service bay. So that has absolutely no impact on replacement parts down the line.
^^^this

I'd add that throwing tax money at this problem has one benefit, removing some offshore players hand from around our jewels. Not only for auto production but national defense.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Ya know,,, I’d pay Ford Fitty Bucks ta permanently turn off my stop start.
I AM gonna be mighty pissed when my $400 starter motor burns out. Just after the warranty ends of course.
100%! I can't stand any feature that you have to disable everytime you start a vehicle. Should be a permanent off option in vehicle settings. My Mercedes is the same pain in the ass.
Sponsored