The latest Sync®3 map will be available on or near May 13th, 2024.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
This is the email I got a few days ago.

Are you ready for new adventures on the open road?

Introducing the SYNC® 3 Navigation Map, designed to help you follow your own road and be connected at the same time. Complete with touchscreen and voice-activated commands, it’s easy to use, and makes inputting destinations before any trip simple. Plus, SYNC® 3 keeps track of previous searches and points of interest so the system can quickly populate familiar destinations.

Now is the perfect time to start using the SYNC® 3 Navigation Map. The latest version update is available for your 2021 FORD BRONCO SPORT. The software updates include new features that will improve your navigation experience and keep you informed. Visit your local Ford Dealership or click on the link below to get the latest SYNC® 3 Navigation Map.

Let us help you prepare for the road ahead.

Introducing? Huh? Is it just another update or is it actually new functionality to replace the Sirius map nav system?
If you have Co-Pilot Assist 360 + option, then you have the Ford Navigation.
All Bronco Sports have Co-Pilot Assist 360, but not 360+ which was an extra cost option at time of manufacturer.
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
If you have Co-Pilot Assist 360 + option, then you have the Ford Navigation.
All Bronco Sports have Co-Pilot Assist 360, but not 360+ which was an extra cost option at time of manufacturer.
So you think they're adding the nav to everyone?

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you think they're adding the nav to everyone?
No, the Nav updates are only available to those with Co-Pilot Assist 360+, not to those with Co-Pilot Assist 360 that every Bronco Sport has standard.
Ford Navigation is a component of the 360+ options package.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
If it's just the same nav that I've had for three years, I don't know why it says "introducing". The only thing I can imagine is that they're dumping the Sirius navigation and using some in-house system. $200 for 5 years still feels about 2x too steep though.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
“Introducing” is from their marketing that’s been out along time so is dated, agree they could lose that word now

The main points are:
“The latest version update is available for your 2021 FORD BRONCO SPORT. The software updates include new features that will improve your navigation experience and keep you informed.”

The new features aren’t listed out specifically however the Nav website shows this:

Ford Bronco Sport The latest Sync®3 map will be available on or near May 13th, 2024. IMG_4386

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The last update I got was January, 2023. It was $0. They want $109 for this one, so I guess I won't get to experience those new speed limits. If they dumped the Sirius tie-ins for the nav, I might consider it.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I don’t understand why some get more than one free update while others don’t. My only guess is that this is some kind of promotional deal that dealerships can offer as part of a new vehicle purchase. We’ve purchase three different vehicles with SYNC 3 navigation and have never gotten more than one free map update. Which is just as well, because we use Google Maps exclusively for navigation—updates are seamless and free. :like:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I don’t understand why some get more than one free update while others don’t. My only guess is that this is some kind of promotional deal that dealerships can offer as part of a new vehicle purchase. We’ve purchase three different vehicles with SYNC 3 navigation and have never gotten more than one free map update. Which is just as well, because we use Google Maps exclusively for navigation—updates are seamless and free. :like:
It’s quite simple. When I ordered the premium package for the badlands model, the order guide showed 5 years of Nav maps and 5 years SiriusXM traffic and travel link.

Has to do with what packages / options are purchased, for which model and for which year. Ford changes what is provided based on those parameters.

If a vehicle is ordered with navigation, and the buyer cannot find the info for Nav maps support (updates), they should contact Ford to get the information in writing.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I don’t understand why some get more than one free update while others don’t. My only guess is that this is some kind of promotional deal that dealerships can offer as part of a new vehicle purchase.
This update shows it's free for me and I don't remember seeing anything added on at purchase. At least not regarding maps. They got me on tint and paint protection.

It’s quite simple. When I ordered the premium package for the badlands model, the order guide showed 5 years of Nav maps and 5 years SiriusXM traffic and travel link.
My BS was bought off the lot and wasn't ordered. Maybe this part changed with model years or something. I have a 2023 bought in March of 2023.

I'll see if I can dig out my window sticker to see if it mentions map updates.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

Has to do with what packages / options are purchased, for which model and for which year. Ford changes what is provided based on those parameters.

If a vehicle is ordered with navigation, and the buyer cannot find the info for Nav maps support (updates), they should contact Ford to get the information in writing.
I have the same understanding about mine. But Sirius stopped the Nav system (I had to argue to get it put back) and now Ford wants to charge for the update. I'll just switch to a free system or plop my Garmin (lifetime free) back on the dash in this car. The Ford built in nav was attractive as a shopper, but on any future purchase, it would hold no sway. The after-sale terms and functionality are unreasonable.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sometimes these companies grandfather folks in, and stay with their original agreements, otherwise the lawyers get involved and it costs everyone $$$$.
Tesla lifetime free Supercharging comes to mind as an example.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Plus, maps are always up to date and updates are free.
Mark have to disagree slightly, unless your phone and service provider is free, then your maps are not free. It just comes with the cost of your plan.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Mark have to disagree slightly, unless your phone and service provider is free, then your maps are not free. It just comes with the cost of your plan.
The cost of using them in your car may not be "free" if you are looking at it this way, but the maps and the app itself are in fact free. Your analogy is like saying that AM/FM radio stations aren't free because you have to purchase a radio to hear them.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This is technically true. I would guess, however, that the portion of my phone/provider costs that goes to Google to pay for app/map updates is less than I would pay for annual SYNC map updates, and Google's data is updated far more often.

That said, I would pay for a smartphone with a data connection even if it didn't provide map data, so having the maps is essentially free for me!
Sponsored