Sudden "hesitation" while driving

kman779

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I emailed the salesman and asked what I could get. Here's the response:
Your Bronco Sport is $30,000 but if you trade it in you will get $2,400 extra in the form of a tax credit.
My Bronco was $34,000. Would not be trading it in. Don't want a Ford.
I looked mine up on Carvana and they will give me $1500 more than I paid for my OB. If you are going to sell, maybe consider that route.
Sponsored

ValVZB

First Edition
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Limited Edition-Cactus Gray
Have you tried turning off the auto start stop feature? It literally shuts your car off when you’re stopped and turns it back on. I traded my FE in at 500 miles and broke even. It was too expensive and I hated the auto stop start and it wasn’t fun to drive.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Have you tried turning off the auto start stop feature? It literally shuts your car off when you’re stopped and turns it back on. I traded my FE in at 500 miles and broke even. It was too expensive and I hated the auto stop start and it wasn’t fun to drive.
What did you end up getting to replace the FE?

ValVZB

First Edition
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Limited Edition-Cactus Gray
What did you end up getting to replace the FE?
Just to get out of the FE I got a 4WD Ecosport. I’ll probably go back to Jeep in a couple of years. I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD diesel that I love but too many Midwestern winters outside and it’s rusting bad underneath. I still use it for hauling the dogs to the park and stuff.

T-81 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
This may or may not help..
You can try resetting the transmissions learned behavior.
Press the start button to the on position, do not start the vehicle. Press the gas pedal to the floor, hold for 3 seconds, release the pedal, turn off the ignition. Wait 2 minutes, start the vehicle and drive normally, accelerate moderately through the gears, not driving for maximum economy, stop, shift the rotary knob to reverse, then neutral and back to drive and accelerate through the gears again.
I tried this last week. Went through the steps and it seems to have helped. It's still not perfect and it seems to be reverting to "hesitation" the longer I drive but it's better than it was. I might have to try it again...

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Yesterday, while driving home on a straight road at about 45, all of a sudden the BS had this big "hiccup" or stutter. Almost like the fuel injectors decided to skip a few beats or something - I'm not a mechanic. About 30 seconds later it happened again. Haven't drive today but will test later. This is the first time. 4500 miles on my Outer Banks. Using 91 octane as recommended by the dealer in the heat of Las Vegas. Said it would help the hesitation off the line or when accelerating to pass, etc. Seems like it did help. Not sure what's going on with this new issue.
Hey there. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN? We would like to see what we can do to assist with your Bronco's studdering issue.

melmap23

Outer Banks
First Name
Melanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hey there. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN? We would like to see what we can do to assist with your Bronco's studdering issue.
I’m in the Palm Springs area where it’s been a 100+ most of June and July, the acceleration is very jerky. I hope Ford is looking into this issue.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I’m in the Palm Springs area where it’s been a 100+ most of June and July, the acceleration is very jerky. I hope Ford is looking into this issue.
Good afternoon! Will you send us a private message with your VIN? I would like to look into this issue.

Last edited:

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Yesterday, while driving home on a straight road at about 45, all of a sudden the BS had this big "hiccup" or stutter. Almost like the fuel injectors decided to skip a few beats or something - I'm not a mechanic. About 30 seconds later it happened again. Haven't drive today but will test later. This is the first time. 4500 miles on my Outer Banks. Using 91 octane as recommended by the dealer in the heat of Las Vegas. Said it would help the hesitation off the line or when accelerating to pass, etc. Seems like it did help. Not sure what's going on with this new issue.
It's 76 here right now and I have noticed this at around 28-30 then accelerating (we have bad traffic here). it seems like the transmission is between gears or shifting oddly.
Sponsored