Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi All,
lately I'm getting a notification on the screen "End Call" ... even though there is no call on the iPhone, nor missed or recent.
While this is displaying music stops.
When touching "End Call" no reaction until I shut off the car or disable Ford Pass connectivity.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This has happened occasionally with our various SYNC-equipped vehicles. The solution is a master reset of SYNC coupled with clearing the cache/data storage of Android Auto. Following that, reconnect the phone to SYNC.

I’ve never used an iPhone, but I would imagine there is a similar procedure to remove/delete all data related to CarPlay from the device.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Possibly is the known Sync 3.4 Build 22251 issues. I have not seen “End Call” specifically but other issues with phones and calls.

Edited: you are running wireless using only Bluetooth and the iPhone is not plugged in when the End Call issue occurs.

Can you please post a screen shot of the 8” Display showing the “End Call“? That’s a new one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncMan

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for the response.
I will try to disconnect and reconnect the phone.
BTW - it's never connected with a cable. Works wireless when I get a call and I hear and speak directly to the dashboard/speakers ... phone somewhere in the car, in a bag, etc.

Please let me know if there are any more suggestions.
I will also keep you posted.

Thanks

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response.
I will try to disconnect and reconnect the phone.
BTW - it's never connected with a cable. Works wireless when I get a call and I hear and speak directly to the dashboard/speakers ... phone somewhere in the car, in a bag, etc.

Please let me know if there are any more suggestions.
I will also keep you posted.

Thanks
It’s critical that you remove all data related about one device from the other—on both devices. Disconnecting (deleting from the Bluetooth device list) is not adequate.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok … you are running wireless using only Bluetooth and the iPhone is not plugged in when the End Call issue occurs.

After you try a Sync Reset and you confirm your iPhone is running the latest IOS 16.5.1 or later …

Can you please post a screen shot of the 8” Display showing the “End Call“? That’s a new one.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve seen it a few times. It’s almost as if SYNC believes you are on a call. When I see it the display shows a timer and the END CALL button, just as if you are on a call.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve seen it a few times. It’s almost as if SYNC believes you are on a call. When I see it the display shows a timer and the END CALL button, just as if you are on a call.
That was reported with iPhone on Bluetooth using Ford Sync but way earlier than IOS 15. Current IOS has not reported that issue for a very long time except for one or two of the intermediate IOS 16.x.x (e.g. Ford Sync/Bluetooth no longer working after IOS 16.1.1 update) but I agree with you it’s always good to:

- delete the iPhone from Sync
- delete Sync vehicle from iPhone Bluetooth
- power down the iPhone
- perform a Sync Reset (master reset can be done too but that’s more drastic)
- power on the iPhone and confirm is running IOS 16.5.1 or later
- Pair Sync to iPhone Bluetooth

That will clear the caches etc.

OP
OP
BroncMan

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
That was reported with iPhone on Bluetooth using Ford Sync but way earlier than IOS 15. Current IOS has not reported that issue for a very long time except for one or two of the intermediate IOS 16.x.x (e.g. Ford Sync/Bluetooth no longer working after IOS 16.1.1 update) but I agree with you it’s always good to:

- delete the iPhone from Sync
- delete Sync vehicle from iPhone Bluetooth
- power down the iPhone
- perform a Sync Reset (master reset can be done too but that’s more drastic)
- power on the iPhone and confirm is running IOS 16.5.1 or later
- Pair Sync to iPhone Bluetooth

That will clear the caches etc.

OP
OP
BroncMan

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Here is the latest about this issue:
- First off - I noticed its my own number that's displayed..??!! ... as if I was calling myself or making
a call ... ?
- yes - with a timer running, as if it was waiting for something.
- I completely disconnected and removed the phone from the car sync.
- I reestablished the phone being synced / recognized by the car
- I shut down the iPhone (I think that's what really did it!!)
- I powered the iPhone back on and it synced itself again / was recognized

no "End Call" issues since then ... lets hope for the best

Looks like it was a phone issue .. and there was an Apple update a couple of days ago.

Screw Apple! :cool:

Cheers ... thanks to all for responding.
Further explanations are apreciated

Thanks

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My iPhone will occasionally show its own number that's displayed… you can google that it’s pretty common most often caused by the cable or by running an outdated IOS or by dirt/dust in the iPhones Lightning connector.

The Sync interface to iPhone is not at all robust. However you are only on Bluetooth so that 100% eliminated cable issues as the cause for you but even on Bluetooth there is an occasional hiccup but extremely small chance.

You should be good for awhile now and BTW it’s highly recommended you reboot the iPhone at least occasionally or anytime you have a problem like you experienced.

Every time you start your Bronco Sport you are in effect rebooting Sync but unfortunately there is a known issue with Sync 3.4 Build 22251 with rwdata partition which is not cleared on every start of Sync so if the rwdata partition gets full (ie. logs, etc), all kinds of Sync issues occur. That is expected to be fixed by Ford later in July with Ford’s next Sync release.

Last edited:

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I rarely use Bluetooth with iPhone but I think I remember seeing my number and a phone interface come up whenever Siri is talking and/or maybe when Maps was running. It could also happen with GoogleMaps but I don't really use that.

I don't use Bluetooth with the BS because of the massive delay. I'll miss a turn and it takes at least a block to reroute, causing me to miss the turn again. Just not worth it, for me.

OP
OP
BroncMan

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Sorry about a slight hijack ... regarding the faulty update.
I have auto-update turned off for a while.
should I leave it turned off and wait for a while before turning it on?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Sorry about a slight hijack
You can't hijack your own thread. Basically you can change to whatever subject you want in here! :)

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry about a slight hijack ... regarding the faulty update.
I have auto-update turned off for a while.
should I leave it turned off and wait for a while before turning it on?
Having auto-update enabled (which updates over Wi-Fi when in range of the enabled Wi-Fi set on the vehicle) might not matter for Bronco Sport owners at least in terms of the bogus 23088 because that bogus 23088 which did auto-update to F-150 and to other Ford vehicles did not seem to hit Bronco Sports (i of course cannot be 100% sure no Bronco Sports were impacted by the bogus 23088).

There are long time Ford owners than routinely disable auto-update because in the past on some Ford vehicle they were affected. And there are Ford owners that leave it enabled.

There are pros and cons to whether you decide in your vehicle to leave auto-update enabled or disabled so you have to make that call. And keep in mind the auto-update is not only for the Sync Software updates. (It does not apply to (if equipped) Ford Navigation updates because that is a separate process).
Sponsored