Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Guys... this has been brought up MANY times and there are examples all over this forum. You initiated the warranty claim while still under warranty. Ford is obligated to attempt to correct the issue as many times as needed, and however long after warranty, until the issue is resolved.

If you don't believe me or the others on this forum who have experienced this exact scenario... call your dealer and ask them. If they give you grief, they are wrong and you can either call corporate or go to another dealer.
As long as it is on record (you filed with a dealership), you are good to go when there is a final resolution.
Sponsored

mdwheaton

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yes except owners are posting that their dealership said it wouldn’t be until 4Q 2024 for the fix (no one yet stated it would be a TSB or something else)
You may as well carefully install 23-2308 since you have the parts - some said that fix worked for their vehicle
I did this and it fixed my issue, for now at least. It was 30 minutes tops for both sides, even replaced the pads while I was in there. Easy peasy.

gageandgavin

Outer Banks
First Name
Leigha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I had an appointment scheduled for this week to do the fix from TSB 23-2308 for the moaning brakes issue, and the dealership called to say Ford has issued a stop order on it and won’t allow the parts to be installed now.

I presume it’s because they’re reportedly working on another TSB coming in the fall for the problem, but this totally screws me over because I’m at 32,000 miles and will very likely be out of warranty when this new fix gets released.

Nothing I can do, right? I’m just doomed to have a bellowing whale whenever I reverse from cold, I guess. So frustrating.

MyKindOfBS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Totally excited to wait until the fall for a fix. /s

I'm pretty sure I now have permanent parking lot syndrome from ducking behind the wheel as my BS emits this god awful whaling call that says "Hey check out my new whip, it just needs a little work" while parents shield their children from me thinking my vehicle might implode.

Tawnygal

First Edition
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyadoughty.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
I used to think that too however .. It can be 110°F no humidity and I could be driving long distance or short in that heat .. doesn’t matter… get home, put in reverse and there’s the backup sound from the brakes. Doesn’t last more than a few seconds but certainly no moisture could be on the brakes.

So I agree it’s related to moisture and I’ll add it’s also related to no moisture therefore the noise can happen pretty much under any conditions.
I have to agree with you. I had the original fix done at the dealership and it made it worse. Went from foghorn sounding ONLY in cold or damp conditions to lost whale looking for his mate in ANY conditions, including 100Âş temps as you describe. Year round.

I've taken to only parking where I can pull through, leaving work at off times when the parking lot is more likely to be empty or, if I can't avoid it, switching into neutral after backing out.
Sponsored