Sport Production...is mine being built yet?

Slappy427

Outer Banks
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No car
Bought a Sport, a Badlands, on January 9th but have not received an email or VIN. anyone know how to obtain such information? can’t hardly wait to get this thing but no information is driving me crazy!
Sponsored

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Bought a Sport, a Badlands, on January 9th but have not received an email or VIN. anyone know how to obtain such information? can’t hardly wait to get this thing but no information is driving me crazy!
Your dealer is your best source for up-to-date info. Contact your sales person or the new car manager to get the status of your order. They have 24/7 access to Ford’s vehicle visibility system that provides everything you’re asking about. Some dealers are. better than others at providing updates.

T.Dac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I also ordered my badlands on January 9th. I got my VIN a couple weeks later and have a build week of March 22. I’m sure if you reach out to your dealer they’ll have this info for you.

SBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
I also ordered my badlands on January 9th. I got my VIN a couple weeks later and have a build week of March 22. I’m sure if you reach out to your dealer they’ll have this info for you.
Did you get the badlands package, tow package, and cargo management system?

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I also order on Jan 9th! Busy day I guess! Badlands without Badlands package. Only extras were cargo management and Copilot+. I did get a VIN, but I had to call the Ford marketing department to get it, I don't have their number anymore but it's easy enough to find. I originally had a build date of March 15, now it's pushed back to April 12. Unfortunately these delays have been pretty much the norm around here.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
I also order on Jan 9th! Busy day I guess! Badlands without Badlands package. Only extras were cargo management and Copilot+. I did get a VIN, but I had to call the Ford marketing department to get it, I don't have their number anymore but it's easy enough to find. I originally had a build date of March 15, now it's pushed back to April 12. Unfortunately these delays have been pretty much the norm around here.
I really do not believe 3 months from order to build is abnormal. It took 3 months from order to delivery for mine. My F-150 that is awaiting shipment is also 3 month order—to-delivery, and that is a Kansas build with only one shift working right now.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I really do not believe 3 months from order to build is abnormal. It took 3 months from order to delivery for mine. My F-150 that is awaiting shipment is also 3 month order—to-delivery, and that is a Kansas build with only one shift working right now.
Agreed, 3 months is reasonable, but then you have all the people that ordered back in November or even July that are still waiting on orders, with their dates pushed to this Spring. The problem right now is the uncertainty. We all want to believe our dealers (mine said 8-12 weeks from order date), but then the date keeps getting pushed back and we read about other people that put in their orders before we did and their build date is now after ours and it makes us not know who or what to believe. At this point it feels like our build date emails from Ford are just wishful thinking.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Covid is really messing up production everywhere. They're building cars with whatever parts they have. Their initial build plan is long gone.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Covid is really messing up production everywhere. They're building cars with whatever parts they have. Their initial build plan is long gone.
Yeah, mostly resulting in the semiconductor shortage as more people buy laptops, new Playstations, etc, plus the rising price of Bitcoin so more people are mining, etc. Lots of factors.

Edit: And of course the people getting sick/dying/being unable to work. The human toll has been awful, I didn't mean to sound insensitive. I just meant that COVID has had a far ranging impact on industry as the whole world adjusts to a new life.

Last edited:

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
Strangely, I had the cargo system, but no moonroof or BL package. I received mine before the dealer had its mannequin!

Dealer allotment could be a factor, along with parts shortages. I really have no answer to why people who ordered before or around my order date (end of September) still haven't received anything.

Hey, it could be the Big Bronco! (A positive note?!?)

BaseOrBust

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus
You should receive an email like this. My dealer told me my production date would be March 22, however Ford has it scheduled for April 12.

Ford Bronco Sport Sport Production...is mine being built yet? Screenshot_20210211-124328_Yahoo Mail

Lane4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bbbbbb
You should receive an email like this. My dealer told me my production date would be March 22, however Ford has it scheduled for April 12.

Screenshot_20210211-124328_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Still waiting on build date , order Jan 21 BL+BL , contact dealer and priority 1 but still no date.

OP
OP

Slappy427

Outer Banks
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No car
Dang I’m so annoyed I haven’t heard anything. So I see your production date...any idea how long after that you’ll get it?
Sponsored