Speaker locations: B&O and Regular speaker positions.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Wanted to start this thread so that hopefully we get more info as we get closer to the build date. I guess I like jumping ahead of the game.

@Granger Ford .. are you guys (your dealership) slated to have a few Bronco Sports make the trip to you for training or viewing before the mannequins come?

If so.... would you be so kind as to note where the speaker locations are for the B&O system and the regular (sony?) system are located. Even better if you can snap and post some pictures.

Thanks in advance. Else we'll have to wait for mannequins to be delivered, in which I hope you can still do us a favor and post the info.
Sponsored

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Bump? Updates on locations (both B&O and standard) and size? Speaker depth would be helpful too.

Because the Bronco Sport is based on the Escape, can we research speakers as if we are shopping for a 2021 Escape? Crutchfield and other retailers don't yet have speaker info for the Bronco Sport yet so it's difficult to shop right now.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I’m only about 3 hours from Crutchfield. I’d be willing to loan them my Sport so they could take measurements (for a free stereo upgrade, lol).

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Does anybody just buy a vehicle off the lot after they have some color and package options on the lot and drive and enjoy it stock ?

OP
OP
dreamwrx

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Any update on the speaker/woofer/amp locations?
The sub is in the rear passenger wheel well area, I saw that on a video. I also made another thread on speaker sizes and someone came through but I think they were B&O.

You should get together with @asm, @MuddyBoots, and @Freeskierdude to figure this thing out.

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm still waiting for mine to be built (latest production date scheduled for April 12th), but in the mean time I did do some more digging. I was looking around on the official Ford parts page, and it appears that the Escape and the Bronco Sport have the same part numbers for their speakers. Thinking this might just a general part number for any speaker, I looked at the Mustang and it uses a different speaker part number. So it does appear that if you can find speakers confirmed to fit in the Escape, they should also fit in our Broncos. Or at least if they are the same dimensions as the stock speakers (diameter and depth would be the most important specs I would think). It would probably use the same speaker cable harness, but I'm not sure.

Dcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
I'm still waiting for mine to be built (latest production date scheduled for April 12th), but in the mean time I did do some more digging. I was looking around on the official Ford parts page, and it appears that the Escape and the Bronco Sport have the same part numbers for their speakers. Thinking this might just a general part number for any speaker, I looked at the Mustang and it uses a different speaker part number. So it does appear that if you can find speakers confirmed to fit in the Escape, they should also fit in our Broncos. Or at least if they are the same dimensions as the stock speakers (diameter and depth would be the most important specs I would think). It would probably use the same speaker cable harness, but I'm not sure.
Hopefully Crutchfield will get "tuned in" sooner than later. I have had great experience with them in the past. I was not blown away at all by the B&O on a test drive. Maybe some burn in time on speakers, audio adjustments and better media content will suffice. I just had radio on FM for test. I did not have time to tinker and try things on test drive.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hopefully Crutchfield will get "tuned in" sooner than later. I have had great experience with them in the past. I was not blown away at all by the B&O on a test drive. Maybe some burn in time on speakers, audio adjustments and better media content will suffice. I just had radio on FM for test. I did not have time to tinker and try things on test drive.
Blown away, no; but even though music is very important to me otherwise, and I am finicky about sound -- I listen to news and talk when I drive! Maybe because radio and satellite are too repetitive -- I do like my local jazz station though. I won't listen to non-HD. And now I need a solution for all of my favorite car CDs (not willing to do the work to put them on my phone).

Nor am I interested in replacing the head unit anymore like I used to do. I am not sure if the B&O speakers break up at high volume, or if its just the interior trim, but I might do speaker replacements, some extra dampening treatments, if those offer real improvements.
Sponsored