First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
OMG, this is hilarious! After dealing with a flat tire last night, I was thinking were the heck is the jack and wrench. Boom, it was right there all the time. :)

So, what's up with all the cut outs under the mat surrounding the tire? Some of them look pretty specific and it would be cool to find out what they are meant to hold.
Sponsored

mcphail21

Outer Banks
First Name
DEBRA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport 2021
As I type this I am waiting for my BF to come back with a tire iron so that I can change my flat tire on my outer banks Bronco. Never before have I even looked at the spare or jack till tonight to find no tire iron. I am only thankful that we are out of town and not stuck on the road back home in - 20 below because I would be more irrate! Apparently this is a common thing.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
As I type this I am waiting for my BF to come back with a tire iron so that I can change my flat tire on my outer banks Bronco. Never before have I even looked at the spare or jack till tonight to find no tire iron. I am only thankful that we are out of town and not stuck on the road back home in - 20 below because I would be more irrate! Apparently this is a common thing.
Why not use the roadside assistance that comes with new Ford vehicles and can be accessed through the FordPass app?

schneid

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
armada
You mean the lug wrench? If you look at the side of the scissor jack you will see a wing nut, the tool to remove the lugs and crank the jack is folded in there
Ford Bronco Sport Spare tire Jack accessories missing? 20210211_143028~2
That's a lug wrench? That's why I always carry a REAL one. They have more leverage and save your knuckles. I used to spend a lot of time in Baja and carried a jack board and hydraulic jack too. Those little scissor jacks are scary. Now I just call AAA and USAA and see who can come the fastest.

mizzoubronco

Big Bend
First Name
T.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
? I was the exact same way the first time I pulled mine out. I believe I found my answer in the manual or maybe saw someone do it on YouTube for another ford vehicle. Glad you got it figured out and now you know you’re not the only one that was fooled.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I will use AAA or Fords roadside assistance unless it's a real emergency or I am in a location they can't get to.
You should know where the spare tire and supporting tools are as well as be familiar with how to use them just in case.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So, what's up with all the cut outs under the mat surrounding the tire? Some of them look pretty specific and it would be cool to find out what they are meant to hold.
Engine covers for 1.5l models, screw-in rear recovery loop, rear hatch release button panel, all the things that mysteriously disappeared during build history.

Look carefully and you'll find spots for "left socks from clothes dryer" too. :)

JennyB1977

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Spott
I was cleaning my Sport and realized the jack and it's parts are missing. I believe I know where they went but don't have a way to get them back. I looked on the Ford accessories page and they don't have one for a 2021 Sport. Does anyone know if I call the dealership tomorrow if 1) they can get it for me and 2) about how much they cost? I have a bunch of the "Ford Pass Rewards" to use....

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I was cleaning my Sport and realized the jack and it's parts are missing. I believe I know where they went but don't have a way to get them back. I looked on the Ford accessories page and they don't have one for a 2021 Sport. Does anyone know if I call the dealership tomorrow if 1) they can get it for me and 2) about how much they cost? I have a bunch of the "Ford Pass Rewards" to use....
https://www.searchfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-jack-assembly-lj6z17080j?origin=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtOmsBhCnARIsAGPa5yZ9g7Lc31LazTaWV-cYZg-oPdDGndXGKlyM9p1I2_nNtwKxhZxY8mgaAr0nEALw_wcB

Search around online. I'm sure you can get one cheaper than this. Ebay for sure, maybe someone on here who has replaced the OEM unit with one of their own.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Before you go that route of a Dealership, I would check my local Salvage Yards. I’m sure you’ll be better off.
Sponsored