Spare tire Jack accessories missing?

AV99GT

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS
Our Outer Banks is missing the accessories for the tire jack. There is the scissor jack, but not tools to turn it. Usually they give you the tire iron, and a piece to turn the screw on the scissor jack.

Did other get these items?

Thanks!

20210211_143028.jpg

20210211_142938.jpg

Advertisement

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Our Outer Banks is missing the accessories for the tire jack. There is the scissor jack, but not tools to turn it. Usually they give you the tire iron, and a piece to turn the screw on the scissor jack.

Did other get these items?

Thanks!

20210211_143028.jpg

20210211_142938.jpg
My ‘tools’ are there, hiding in plain sight on my OB. Loosen the secondary wing nut holding down the jack and you’ll see them attached to the jack.

And thanks for making me look. I had to put on leather gloves to get the grip necessary to remove the plastic super wing nut securing the tire.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport 2016 F250 Super Duty
I have already used mine , everything you need is there , but might take a little time figuring how to put it all back together .

Why I had to use my jack already , well my floor jack decided to take a dump last month & while I was looking over the engine compartment, (just got back from a 2 1/2 hr. drive from pocking the BS up, dark thirty ), I couldn't see a level in. the Brake reservoir, so decided to take the cap off & it slipped out of my hand & disappeared , couldn't see it even with a flash light , the next morning , I still couldn't see it , had to jack the truck up & remove the cover for the bottom of the engine compartment , a lot of screws & two plastic pop up clips , there it was laying on the frame rail .

Kinda glad there wasn't a Skid Plate there , but want them.

Excape

First Name
Reg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I couldn't see a level in. the Brake reservoir, so decided to take the cap off & it slipped out of my hand & disappeared , couldn't see it even with a flash light , the next morning , I still couldn't see it , had to jack the truck up & remove the cover for the bottom of the engine compartment , a lot of screws & two plastic pop up clips , there it was laying on the frame rail .
That's a bummer, especially in humid Florida. As brake fluid is hygroscopic, it is usually recommended to only add from an unopened container, it absorbs moisture quickly.
Hopefully, in your case, it was negligible.

OP

AV99GT

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS
Well Thanks! Glad I asked before bothering the dealer! I guess I am used to the extra jack bits being in the little pockets of the foam insert under the cover. I didn't realize that the handle is right there in the middle of the Jack. I ASSumed it was part of the jack mechanism lol. Tuff getting old.

OP

AV99GT

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS
I noticed in the owners manual in the Scheduled Maintained it says to replace the Brake fluid every 3 years. I have never seen that called out for replacement in an owners manual ever. My 2016 Ford owners manual doesn't specify that schedule.

Osco

Base
First Name
Marty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I noticed in the owners manual in the Scheduled Maintained it says to replace the Brake fluid every 3 years. I have never seen that called out for replacement in an owners manual ever. My 2016 Ford owners manual doesn't specify that schedule.
When I was Into crotch rocket sport bikes we did that every 2nd year. Three or four years out your brake fluid can begin to gel up and make for a slightly mushy pedal. Most never notice it.

Excape

First Name
Reg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
When I was Into crotch rocket sport bikes we did that every 2nd year. Three or four years out your brake fluid can begin to gel up and make for a slightly mushy pedal. Most never notice it.
Right, I was into performance bikes too and did likewise. You can purchase dyed brake fluids to help determine when you have purged the old fluid through the bleeder.

Advertisement