Slight Pull

Jeshi5

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Is anyone having issues with your BS pulling? I've had my BS for 4 months and haven't hit any potholes. Mine has developed a slight pull to the left when I drive on the left lane on the street or highway. When I drive in the right lane it's fine. I took it to the dealer and got an alignment but it's still pulling. When I took it back the dealer the wheels were still in alignment and they didn't find anything else wrong with it.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Is anyone having issues with your BS pulling? I've had my BS for 4 months and haven't hit any potholes. Mine has developed a slight pull to the left when I drive on the left lane on the street or highway. When I drive in the right lane it's fine. I took it to the dealer and got an alignment but it's still pulling. When I took it back the dealer the wheels were still in alignment and they didn't find anything else wrong with it.
I haven’t noticed any issues with mine. Do you have lane centering on? Most roads have a slight crown to them. Meaning the are high in the center and roll off to each side for water drainage. Possible that this is affecting it. Do you see any issues in a large flat parking lot? Does it matter what speed?

OP
OP

Jeshi5

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
The mechanic had mentioned that it was probably the road. I don’t notice it in parking lots and it only happens at 30 mph and over.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The mechanic had mentioned that it was probably the road. I don’t notice it in parking lots and it only happens at 30 mph and over.
I experience it on harder acceleration and on certain tops. Talked to a few car guys about it, their first question was “is it front wheel drive with transverse engine?”

answer to that is basically yes.

torque steer.

you should try it in a Supra (I’ve seen videos). The practically leap off center at times.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Toque steer. Let go of the steering wheel and hit the gas. See which way it goes.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Does this happen on five-lane (center turn lane) roads, or only divided highway roads? Most divided highways have a crown with a bias toward the right lane. In other words, the slope to get water off the road is mainly on the passing lane, with the right lane mostly flat. That's because drivers are expected to remain in the right lane unless passing.

On five-lane roads with a center turn lane the crown is in the middle turn lane, with both lanes on either side sloping downward.

If you're only seeing the phenomenon on divided highways I would suspect the crown on the road rather than an alignment issue.

OP
OP

Jeshi5

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I experience it on harder acceleration and on certain tops. Talked to a few car guys about it, their first question was “is it front wheel drive with transverse engine?”

answer to that is basically yes.

torque steer.

you should try it in a Supra (I’ve seen videos). The practically leap off center at times.
Torque steer mak
Does this happen on five-lane (center turn lane) roads, or only divided highway roads? Most divided highways have a crown with a bias toward the right lane. In other words, the slope to get water off the road is mainly on the passing lane, with the right lane mostly flat. That's because drivers are expected to remain in the right lane unless passing.

On five-lane roads with a center turn lane the crown is in the middle turn lane, with both lanes on either side sloping downward.

If you're only seeing the phenomenon on divided highways I would suspect the crown on the road rather than an alignment issue.
It usually happens on a three lane highway and two lane street. It’s more noticeable on the highway.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Boy do I hate reviving an old thread, but what the heck…

I’ve been commuting to my summer beach ranger job on a 45 MPH really windy and hilly road and stopped using my “hands-free driving” because it became a bit unnerving. I do like to use the cruise control to keep speed on the hills so I turned off the Lane Keeping and it made a huge handling difference. My BS now absolutely hugs the pavement.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Be careful of folks telling that it is torque steer. I had a tire place claim that I was experiencing torque steer on a new set of tires on my FWD car. Rotate the tires and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you've got a bad tire. If a new tire, it could be a bad molding, if an older tire, there could be internal tread separation, or sidewall damage.
BTW, I did get a replacement tire, and never bought Bridegestone tires ever again.

OP
OP

Jeshi5

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
The dealer ended up aligning it again and the second time fixed the problem. Side note: I ended up trading my Sport in March after one year of ownership for a CX-5.
Sponsored